- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Stubborn client, PTSD, hidden aspects and psychological reversal
- PTSD from a traumatic miscarriage is resolved with EFT
- New Treatment for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Delivers Rapid, Long Lasting Results for Iraqi War Veterans--No Drugs Necessary
- Bob Patefield wipes out his own PTSD
- An EFT gift for firefighters suffering from PTSD and trauma
- EFT beginner collapses her own PTSD
- Vietnam Vet with severe PTSD sleeps through the night for the first time in 39 years
- War veteran with PTSD gets quality results with EFT
- Curing PTSD
- Pat Farrell resolves her own PTSD
- Knocking down war PTSD symptoms like dominoes
- EFT on DID and PTSD
- EFT clears PTSD -- Nassirya bombing, Iraq
- An EFT Newcomer relieves Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- How I handled my PTSD (child abuse) all by myself
- An efficient way to relieve a PTSD memory
- How I handled my PTSD (witnessing a violent crime) all by myself
- Rape by a "friend"--PTSD and suicidal thoughts
- Jeanne Ranger clears her own PTSD
- A very traumatic birth experience was at the root of this woman
- A problem staying focused and present had its roots in childhood trauma -- EFT resolved it.
- Difficulty with labor pains had its roots in childhood sexual abuse
- Chronic ear infections vanished after childhood trauma was cleared with EFT
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- EFT and the devastation of childhood abuse
- Childhood molestation--using UNDERSTAND in the Set-up phrase
- EFT and birth trauma - addressing "the fetus inside me"
- 13 years of daily abuse fades with a form of The Personal Peace Procedure
- Deborah Miller helps a man unravel how a childhood molestation affects his current relationship
- A creative way to uncover a traumatic childhood event
- An Hour and Ten Minutes (for relief of attempted murder, two assaults, rape and childhood incidents)
- Cleaning up a rape trauma
- A "one minute wonder" rape release.
- An EFT expert beautifully weaves EFT within her client's pain, panic and molestation--success across the board
- A detailed and professional session regarding EFT for rape -- with one year follow-up
- Dr. Eric Robins, MD, uses EFT to avoid surgery for urination problem
- Unique uses for EFT in the surgery room
- Did EFT or Antibiotics help this little boy?
- How to remove a cyst without surgery or lasers
- A sore throat is traced to a childhood tonsil surgery
- Rapid EFT results with an ACL tear -- Every sports team in the world would love to hear about this
- Cataract surgery goes perfectly after releasing inner child Issues
- Pat Gurnick is my hero
- War trauma--no more nightmares
- 15 minutes of EFT brings dramatic results to a Vietnam Veteran
- EFT tapping for trauma brings unexpected benefits
- EFT "Choices" for recent NYC trauma victims.
- Using EFT to negotiate with multiple personalities
- This psychiatrist uses EFT
- Pieter de Zwart combines his intuition with quality testing of his work for a first class result for trauma
- Borrowing Benefits brings up and collapses the Big One
- EFT newcomer resolves her own deep seated issues from childhood
- Handling the aftermath of a mugging with EFT...over the phone
- Did Brenda really abuse her brother?
- Three dissociative disorder cases
- Rape Trauma alleviated completely in one session with EFT -- libido returns
- Three EFT sessions lift depression, anger and sexual abuse trauma
- Handling an abuse case in a quality way
- Working with Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Rape resolved in record time
- The connection between vitiligo and a traumatic experience
- Trauma relief one week after the Sept. 11, 2001 tragedy
- EFT after an attack in the street
- Helping a lost boy and his family out in the woods - spontaneous EFT
- The value of guessing: Releasing trauma in an injured elbow
- Sexual abuse case
- EFT helps clear early date rape trauma
- How Rebecca Gurland started with the EFT Personal Peace Procedure and wound up collapsing her major core issues
- EFT used instead of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) on severe trauma with impressive results
- EFT Trauma Session Seemed Complete But Needed More Work
- Praise for the EFT Tearless Trauma Technique
- Another approach to the Movie Technique
- Expert handling of a hidden traumatic memory -- all within 30 minutes
- Listen to a successful EFT grief session with Dr. Carol Look and "Toby"
- Approaching complex trauma with EFT - The Inner Theater
- Working with trauma - the connection between EFT and the Amygdula
- Peeling away the layers of sexual abuse
- Tapping for prenatal issues brings benefits
- EFT for our Emergency First Responders
- Hives subside as traumatic incident is resolved
- Step by step through a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder case
- Digging for core issues - reconnection to a trauma that was behind hay fever symptoms
- Hollywood film maker resolves deep personal traumas with EFT
- Resolving the intense after effects of child birth trauma
- A Detailed and Masterful Article on Using EFT for Trauma
- Six successful sessions with a war veteran
- Criminal defense attorney does EFT with suicidal client in jail
- How to make EFT work when it "doesn't work."
- Lawyer resolves many personal traumas and writes testimonial letter
- K was left for dead after a Serial Killer's Attack -- EFT cleans up the traumatic aftermath
- A chiropractor helps a homicide trauma - burping is a sign of relief
- It started in a prison camp
- An EFT Formula for Specific Trauma
- A traumatized female reclaims trust in her instincts
- Hurricane Katrina survivor successfully receives EFT for trauma
- Examples of "Stress Inoculation" through EFT...."but does it last?"
- Working with extreme trauma using a variation of the EFT Movie Technique
- Battered woman with cramped hands completes flower drawing after EFT--a one minute wonder
- Fear of dentists and oral rape
- A traumatic fall from a tree
- EFT after Hurricane Ike - Trauma Triage
- The Movie Technique for a traumatic memory and unresolved grief
- The layers of trauma
- An even more tearless trauma technique
- EFT with a Vietnam nurse - a quality use of specific events
- Where only the pros should tread.
- Successfully handling childhood molestation--a classy case by Nancy Morris
- The "emotional stunt double" process using EFT
- Comparing traumatic abreactions--with and without EFT
- An expert discusses EFT and sudden trauma.
- An extreme trauma with a severe abreaction--and what to do about it
- EFT in the aftermath of domestic violence
- Rapid relief from accident flashbacks
- Trauma in the trunk of a car
- Using EFT to unravel the many pieces of a child molestation
- Releasing the Trauma of placing her husband in a nursing home
- Delivering EFT to a macho war veteran
- Katrina Victims Enjoy New Trauma Relief Method
- Tapping on hearing traumatic stories from others - ear problems
- Rape trauma: "It just doesn't seem to bother me like it did."
- Tapping for the troops
- Using Group EFT in a school setting for a crisis
- Persistent use of EFT brings assistance in traumatic dream
- The Sun in my Soul - EFT overhauls Kathy's life
- What would you do for your client if his son shot and killed another boy?
- EFT newcomer diffuses trauma even though he didn't know it was rape
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- Trauma relief for a Prisoner of War and a fruit phobia
- Thoughts on Abreactions and how to handle them
- Finding the trauma behind the trauma
- Some tips for easing trauma survivors into using EFT
- Miranda: Repressed memory of childhood sexual abuse
- Using EFT for Trauma Relief after a major earthquake in Indonesia
- Aileen's client is an actress and no longer has "Interrogation Trauma" -- acting improves
- Trauma success in Israel--as told by the client
- Using the EFT Tell the Story Technique helps calm a rape victim
- Tina broke free from an age 12 trauma
- Andrea's miscarriage
- Tearless Trauma Technique
- Creating a new emotional state for trauma sufferers
- Surrogate EFT for sleeping client dramatically clears sexual abuse
- Releasing 14 years of pent up grief and trauma
- Tip-Toeing into two car accident traumas
- How do you work with a traumatic incident that a client does not remember?
- WAILING ON WALL STREET
- Releasing fear and trauma after a dog bite
- Accessing the deeper levels of trauma stored in our cellular memory
- Taking the edge off of a molestation.
- Gillian Wightman leads us expertly through a complicated "father abuse" case -- a fabulous start
- Using EFT for "womb issues"
- Email correspondence on a serious childhood abuse case
- Bringing Bev out of a semi-catatonic state
- Relieving the trauma of a car accident with EFT
- EFT newcomer taps herself out of a dissociative state during regular therapy
- Using EFT when the client has a memory "blank spot"
- Using EFT after a terrorist attack
- Tapping on love pain leads Marta to her traumatic birth experience
- Using Surrogate EFT on 2-month old baby after surgery
- Group trauma treatment--CISD with EFT
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
Jeanne Ranger clears her own PTSD
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Listen in as Jeanne Ranger gives the details of her own self healing. Near the end of her article she says, "The memories are still there, but the triggers are gone. There are no charges on any of it anymore. I am at peace with my childhood. I am at peace with myself. And it's about time considering I am now a senior citizen. I am free. I feel calm and joyful. I am so grateful and thankful for EFT."
I've tried to write about this event many times, but the words just didn't seem to fit the degree of despair I felt at the time, or the lightness and freedom I felt when it was over, so I simply would give up and hit the delete button.
I had been working with EFT just a short time, having successfully collapsed some of my PTSD (severe child abuse) alone. I felt quite isolated from anyone who knew or used EFT, (partially my own doing), but I knew that considering the events from my traumatic childhood, I had a long way to go, and had a lot of mother issues to work on.
This event occurred after my friend and I were returning home from visiting his mother. I enjoyed these visits with her; she is one of the kindest, most loving, caring, nurturing individuals I have ever known. But on this drive home, a weight of overwhelming grief, sadness, resentment, and anger that I had repressed all these years about mothers came to the surface. I fell apart.
My friend didn't understand, didn't know what to do, or what to say, and even though he had introduced me to EFT, he wouldn't or couldn't use it to help me. He left to go back to his own home nearly a thousand miles away. I was left alone, with a mind-boggling disturbance the size of the San Andreas earthquake fault.
At the time I didn't know any EFT’ers, and couldn't afford to pay anyone to get me through this anyway, so I got out my EFT DVDs looking for anything appropriate to help with what I was going through. I tapped through several Borrowing Benefits sessions, and other sessions including an abandonment session, followed by the boiling water session which shook me to my core. It reminded me that my own mother had thrown hot grease on my three year old sister - there was no telling what other events might have occurred.
I rationalized that this wasn't her fault; she was schizophrenic. But the traumas were there, and coming to the surface. It stood to reason that there were other incidents of abuse and neglect, and that's why she had been institutionalized and why my father put us three girls in an orphanage. The orphanage led to convents … a stepmother who was the epitome of the wicked witch of the west … running away .. foster homes, and more. There was so much I needed to work through. I kept at it.
Even though my mom didn't want me, didn't love me…
Even though she couldn't take care of me, I didn't deserve to be abused…
Even though I never knew her ... I don't remember her…
Even though they said she was dead but I knew they were lying…
Even though I swore I would find her someday…
Even though I did find her. Oh my God. it's where and how I found her…
Even though my father later married the wicked which of the west…
Lord, I would have been better off in the convent…
Even though the witch enjoyed seeing us suffer, making us suffer…
Even though she managed to get my dad to participate in the abuse with her…
Even though I meant nothing. I was nothing, a nobody. I was just in her way…
Even though her response to everything was using the ever-present whips…
Even though she seemed to enjoy watching the blood drip down my legs…
Even though it seemed I was used for her sick amusement…
Even though I didn't deserve any of that, I was just a kid…
GC COMMENT: Well done! It might also be helpful to do EFT on specific events from the abusive childhood.
JEANNE CONTINUES: Saying these things did make me feel better. I realized that she had lived through a horrific childhood also, and on some level probably didn't know any better. Neither of my mothers had experienced a loving childhood, so how could they know how to mother. At some point I felt like I had made some progress. My level of distress, which had been all consuming, was now probably a level of intensity of 5 or 6 on a scale of 0 to 10, and was a breeze by comparison to what it had been. I continued to tap.
Even though neither of my moms knew anything about love… How could they be expected to be nurturing…
But I was just a kid at their mercy…
Even though they didn't teach me how to love and nurture. They didn't know how…
Even though I didn't know how to be loving and nurturing to my own children…
That was a real twist. I realized that part of this "mother" issue included me. I wondered how my children might feel about me and made a mental note to work through that. Later the same day while sitting at my computer, I experienced what I can only describe as a heart attack. It started with a tightness in the middle of my chest, like a vice continually squeezing, so much so that I had to stop and grab at my chest. On a scale of 0 to 10 it was a definite 10. I started to reach for the phone to dial 911. Instead I removed my bra, laid down on my bed, and I started tapping, Even though I have this excruciating pain in my chest…
The pain quickly spread to my ribcage, and my back. I had a queasy stomach and threw up at some point. I was lightheaded, but I kept tapping over and over again on each of the physical symptoms I was experiencing. It was frightening. I did my best to relax my body. I started praying as I tapped because things seemed to be escalating - not for the better.
Lord, even though I don't know what's happening, or what's causing it, I know it has to do with mothers…
Even though I need to look at whatever I'm trying to release with this pain…
Please release this grip on my heart so it can function, as it should.
Remove the pain in my back, and in the rest of my body.
Help me to relax so whatever I need to look at and go through with this episode can be released, and replaced with love and acceptance, joy for living, happiness, good health and abundance in all things.
Please restore my body to good health,
In the name of Jesus, see me through this to its completion.
I repeated this many times while trying to relax my body, and took notice of what I was experiencing. I was so cold. I got up to get a blanket and wrapped myself in it, then pulled the comforter up around me as well. I said all sorts of things as I tapped that I really can't remember, but at some point I decided to stop fighting what was happening and just BE with it.
I had visions about myself as a baby and my birth mom, and things she did. I told myself I was mistaken, there's no way I could remember these things, I was much too young, I had an overactive imagination. Besides she was a very sick woman. By then I was so cold I was shivering violently, my toes and fingers were numb with cold.
I continued to tap without stopping as I had a vision of my mom and me that up to this point I had refused to look at. This time I let it run its course. I saw myself as a baby wrapped in a blanket being thrown outside on our balcony in the snow. I was crying and my right arm and my feet were sticking out of the blanket she had wrapped me in so my hands and feet were exposed to the cold. As I continued to tap I couldn't feel my fingers anymore. I was shivering uncontrollably in my bed, wrapped in all those covers in my 78-degree home. When I looked at my right hand my fingers were actually swollen.
I thought this must be what it's like to die. But I wasn't ready. I knew on some level I had not done what I was here to do so I called a neighbor to take me to the ER. Much blood was taken, many tests were done. By then I felt slightly better. As I lay on the hospital cot I still tapped.
When the pain and light-headedness subsided to a level of intensity of 1 or 2 on a scale of 0 to 10, I stopped tapping, took several long deep breaths while completely relaxing my body so I could take notice of whatever changes were happening. I noticed that my limbs were jumpy, and tingly. I wasn't quite so cold anymore. I was no longer lightheaded but felt very light, and I was very hungry. I knew then I would be OK. The doctor came to inform me there were no signs of a heart attack, so I went home trying to make some sense of what had happened to me.
Since that event, I began to study EFT. I researched it and immersed myself in it. EFT became my life. I eventually became an Advanced EFT Practitioner, continuously working with EFT on myself and anyone who showed any interest in it. EFT was unlike anything I had tried before, and I had spent a not so small fortune receiving treatments and counseling with little success. EFT delivers excellent results and quickly. It became my passion, and my life's work.
I think about my mother and her story of mental illness, and I know she needed help herself, and she did the best she could. I reflect on my stepmother and the abuse I suffered at her hands, but now it's as if that happened to someone else. She too, did the best she could.
The memories are still there, but the triggers are gone. There are no charges on any of it anymore. I am at peace with my childhood. I am at peace with myself. And it's about time considering I am now a senior citizen. I am free. I feel calm and joyful. I am so grateful and thankful for EFT.
There are many similar stories with varying levels of trauma from people of all different ages, backgrounds and ethnicities. I see this frequently these days in my EFT business. Because of my experiences and newly found freedom, I can bring some peace and joy into these people’s lives.
I've since teamed up with another Advanced EFT Practitioner. We give EFT workshops regularly. It's exhilarating to see people change before your very eyes, and to be able to facilitate in their healing.
Jeanne Ranger, EFT-ADV, CH
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.