- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Stubborn client, PTSD, hidden aspects and psychological reversal
- PTSD from a traumatic miscarriage is resolved with EFT
- Bob Patefield wipes out his own PTSD
- An EFT gift for firefighters suffering from PTSD and trauma
- EFT beginner collapses her own PTSD
- Vietnam Vet with severe PTSD sleeps through the night for the first time in 39 years
- War veteran with PTSD gets quality results with EFT
- Curing PTSD
- Pat Farrell resolves her own PTSD
- Knocking down war PTSD symptoms like dominoes
- EFT on DID and PTSD
- EFT clears PTSD -- Nassirya bombing, Iraq
- An EFT Newcomer relieves Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- How I handled my PTSD (child abuse) all by myself
- An efficient way to relieve a PTSD memory
- How I handled my PTSD (witnessing a violent crime) all by myself
- Rape by a "friend"--PTSD and suicidal thoughts
- Jeanne Ranger clears her own PTSD
- A very traumatic birth experience was at the root of this woman
- A problem staying focused and present had its roots in childhood trauma -- EFT resolved it.
- Difficulty with labor pains had its roots in childhood sexual abuse
- Chronic ear infections vanished after childhood trauma was cleared with EFT
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- EFT and the devastation of childhood abuse
- Childhood molestation--using UNDERSTAND in the Set-up phrase
- EFT and birth trauma - addressing "the fetus inside me"
- 13 years of daily abuse fades with a form of The Personal Peace Procedure
- Deborah Miller helps a man unravel how a childhood molestation affects his current relationship
- A creative way to uncover a traumatic childhood event
- An Hour and Ten Minutes (for relief of attempted murder, two assaults, rape and childhood incidents)
- Cleaning up a rape trauma
- A "one minute wonder" rape release.
- A detailed and professional session regarding EFT for rape -- with one year follow-up
- Dr. Eric Robins, MD, uses EFT to avoid surgery for urination problem
- Unique uses for EFT in the surgery room
- Did EFT or Antibiotics help this little boy?
- How to remove a cyst without surgery or lasers
- A sore throat is traced to a childhood tonsil surgery
- Rapid EFT results with an ACL tear -- Every sports team in the world would love to hear about this
- Cataract surgery goes perfectly after releasing inner child Issues
- Did Brenda really abuse her brother?
- Three dissociative disorder cases
- Rape Trauma alleviated completely in one session with EFT -- libido returns
- Three EFT sessions lift depression, anger and sexual abuse trauma
- Pat Gurnick is my hero
- War trauma--no more nightmares
- 15 minutes of EFT brings dramatic results to a Vietnam Veteran
- EFT tapping for trauma brings unexpected benefits
- EFT "Choices" for recent NYC trauma victims.
- Using EFT to negotiate with multiple personalities
- This psychiatrist uses EFT
- Borrowing Benefits brings up and collapses the Big One
- EFT newcomer resolves her own deep seated issues from childhood
- Handling the aftermath of a mugging with EFT...over the phone
- EFT used instead of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) on severe trauma with impressive results
- EFT Trauma Session Seemed Complete But Needed More Work
- Praise for the EFT Tearless Trauma Technique
- Another approach to the Movie Technique
- Handling an abuse case in a quality way
- Working with Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Rape resolved in record time
- The connection between vitiligo and a traumatic experience
- Trauma relief one week after the Sept. 11, 2001 tragedy
- EFT after an attack in the street
- Helping a lost boy and his family out in the woods - spontaneous EFT
- The value of guessing: Releasing trauma in an injured elbow
- Sexual abuse case
- EFT helps clear early date rape trauma
- Hollywood film maker resolves deep personal traumas with EFT
- Resolving the intense after effects of child birth trauma
- A Detailed and Masterful Article on Using EFT for Trauma
- Six successful sessions with a war veteran
- Criminal defense attorney does EFT with suicidal client in jail
- Expert handling of a hidden traumatic memory -- all within 30 minutes
- Listen to a successful EFT grief session with Dr. Carol Look and "Toby"
- Approaching complex trauma with EFT - The Inner Theater
- Working with trauma - the connection between EFT and the Amygdula
- Peeling away the layers of sexual abuse
- Tapping for prenatal issues brings benefits
- EFT for our Emergency First Responders
- Hives subside as traumatic incident is resolved
- Step by step through a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder case
- Digging for core issues - reconnection to a trauma that was behind hay fever symptoms
- Examples of "Stress Inoculation" through EFT...."but does it last?"
- Working with extreme trauma using a variation of the EFT Movie Technique
- Battered woman with cramped hands completes flower drawing after EFT--a one minute wonder
- Fear of dentists and oral rape
- A traumatic fall from a tree
- EFT after Hurricane Ike - Trauma Triage
- The Movie Technique for a traumatic memory and unresolved grief
- How to make EFT work when it "doesn't work."
- Lawyer resolves many personal traumas and writes testimonial letter
- K was left for dead after a Serial Killer's Attack -- EFT cleans up the traumatic aftermath
- A chiropractor helps a homicide trauma - burping is a sign of relief
- It started in a prison camp
- An EFT Formula for Specific Trauma
- A traumatized female reclaims trust in her instincts
- Hurricane Katrina survivor successfully receives EFT for trauma
- Comparing traumatic abreactions--with and without EFT
- An expert discusses EFT and sudden trauma.
- An extreme trauma with a severe abreaction--and what to do about it
- EFT in the aftermath of domestic violence
- Rapid relief from accident flashbacks
- Trauma in the trunk of a car
- Using EFT to unravel the many pieces of a child molestation
- Releasing the Trauma of placing her husband in a nursing home
- The layers of trauma
- An even more tearless trauma technique
- EFT with a Vietnam nurse - a quality use of specific events
- Where only the pros should tread.
- Successfully handling childhood molestation--a classy case by Nancy Morris
- The "emotional stunt double" process using EFT
- Persistent use of EFT brings assistance in traumatic dream
- The Sun in my Soul - EFT overhauls Kathy's life
- What would you do for your client if his son shot and killed another boy?
- EFT newcomer diffuses trauma even though he didn't know it was rape
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- Trauma relief for a Prisoner of War and a fruit phobia
- Thoughts on Abreactions and how to handle them
- Finding the trauma behind the trauma
- Delivering EFT to a macho war veteran
- Katrina Victims Enjoy New Trauma Relief Method
- Tapping on hearing traumatic stories from others - ear problems
- Rape trauma: "It just doesn't seem to bother me like it did."
- Tapping for the troops
- Using Group EFT in a school setting for a crisis
- Andrea's miscarriage
- Tearless Trauma Technique
- Creating a new emotional state for trauma sufferers
- Surrogate EFT for sleeping client dramatically clears sexual abuse
- Releasing 14 years of pent up grief and trauma
- Tip-Toeing into two car accident traumas
- How do you work with a traumatic incident that a client does not remember?
- Some tips for easing trauma survivors into using EFT
- Miranda: Repressed memory of childhood sexual abuse
- Using EFT for Trauma Relief after a major earthquake in Indonesia
- Aileen's client is an actress and no longer has "Interrogation Trauma" -- acting improves
- Trauma success in Israel--as told by the client
- Using the EFT Tell the Story Technique helps calm a rape victim
- Tina broke free from an age 12 trauma
- Using EFT when the client has a memory "blank spot"
- Using EFT after a terrorist attack
- Tapping on love pain leads Marta to her traumatic birth experience
- Using Surrogate EFT on 2-month old baby after surgery
- Group trauma treatment--CISD with EFT
- WAILING ON WALL STREET
- Releasing fear and trauma after a dog bite
- Accessing the deeper levels of trauma stored in our cellular memory
- Taking the edge off of a molestation.
- Gillian Wightman leads us expertly through a complicated "father abuse" case -- a fabulous start
- Using EFT for "womb issues"
- Email correspondence on a serious childhood abuse case
- Bringing Bev out of a semi-catatonic state
- Relieving the trauma of a car accident with EFT
- EFT newcomer taps herself out of a dissociative state during regular therapy
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
Vietnam Vet with severe PTSD sleeps through the night for the first time in 39 years
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to (1) consult The Gold Standard EFT Tapping Tutorial, (2) Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Here's a quality use of EFT by Kim Eisen in behalf of a badly traumatized Vietnam Veteran. Note how her diligence takes the charge out of a major traumatic incident. Note also that, despite the obvious improvement, the client dismisses the "tapping stuff" and disavows it being responsible for the impressive result.
This shows the amazing results with a severe case of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) with a Vietnam Veteran. (Please be warned that this is long and there are graphic details in this story).
I met George (not his real name) by chance one day. On the second day I knew him, we were visiting and George started to cry uncontrollably and tell me how horrible the war was. He said that he has not slept more than 2 to 3 hours a night in 39 years because of flashbacks which also occurred randomly during the day.
I could see it was very deep and he was in great despair, so I mentioned that I worked with PTSD. George responded that he had been to all the therapies and he was as good as he was going to get and so he just managed it. So, I let it go. The next morning while visiting he mentioned it again and I felt I had earned his trust the day before, so I just said “Wanna play?” (meaning with my technique) He agreed, saying it couldn't hurt.
I described EFT and tapped on George to show him where to tap, and the pressure we would be using. First, I had him tell me the flashback story from the beginning to the end. And, when he was unable to speak I tapped on him until he could continue. He was clearly at a level of intensity of more than 10 on a 10-point scale.
To give you some background, they were getting bombed and a radio cable needed repair when another man (I'll call Henry) came to help George. George was going to run one end of a cable to another location and Henry told George that he should stay there and start repairing things and he would run the cable to the other location. They switched positions on this thick huge cable and were only about 5 feet apart. As soon as they changed positions, right then, in front of George's eyes, Henry got hit ... but just not hit, he exploded like a human cantaloupe, and Henry was gone.
There's obviously a lot of things coming into play here … tremendous grief, survivor’s guilt, along with unworthiness, traumatic event, incomprehension that this could happen, it should have been me, etc.
After we got through the first round of the story, I had him start and stop whenever his intensity rose. He started his story and the intensity came fairly quickly. In the following sequence, you should know that there were long pauses between each because of the intensity of the truth of each sentence, and I tapped the points on him when he was unable to and couldn't through the tears. Note: I think one of the greatest powers of EFT is its ability to address the conscious and better yet, the unconscious personal and universal truth of a situation.
Even though he switched places with me and got hit, I'm going to try to love and accept myself anyway. Reminder phrase: He switched places with me …he got hit.
Even though it should have been me, I'm going to try to forgive myself anyway. Reminder phrase:It should have been me.
Even though he was just trying to help me, I'm going to try to accept myself. Reminder phrase: He was just trying to help me …and looked what happened. (From our conversations I had noted that George has never really allowed anyone to really help him since).
Even though I saw him explode in front of me, I'm going to try to accept myself. Reminder phrase: He exploded in front of me … like a cantaloupe. (Note: He was not feeling love about himself and the whole situation, so I thought I'd ease in to the word love after the first few rounds)
Even though nobody should have ever had to see something like this happen, I love and accept myself.
As soon as I mentioned 'Love' without the word 'trying', he got angry and said he couldn't love himself. He had also mentioned the day before that he didn't want to forget as if it would be some kind of dishonor to Henry. I believe he thought he wanted to remember for the honor, but it included self-punishment (survivors guilt), as well.
I had responded that it was not my intention to have him forget, but to help him reduce the flashbacks. It is important to note that some people do not want to forget their traumatic events because they think that means they would have to forgive the other party, or themselves, if they feel responsible.
I would not suggest you ever tell someone you can help them to forget … which is not what you're really doing here. EFT is a neutralization process and when starting to use this technique it can seem as if the person has forgotten a situation. We continued tapping:
Even though it's hard to love myself when I feel so responsible, I'm going to try.
Even though I should never have had to see this…
Even though it was other people bombing us, I still feel responsible and it's all my fault. At this point he decidedly told me it was not all his fault - good change already.
Even though Henry will never see his family again… This was a big one - extreme despair - I had to tap on him for several minutes while he cried until I felt a softening, heard a huge sigh and his facial expression changed to where I knew we had hit home. This took about 45 minutes which is long for EFT but was needed in this situation.
I asked him how he felt and he said, “I think it's working and I feel better.” Then I had him start the movie over again and the intensity rose again at the 'he got hit' part. We tapped some more.
Even though Henry was hit and I wasn't, I deeply and completely love, accept and forgive myself, because I didn't know it was going to happen. This was a big one too, as it was from acceptance of the truth that he couldn't have known it was going to happen that there was a huge release of responsibility for him … I could feel and see the energy release from George.
George continued tapping himself this time and just started saying "Thank you, thank you" over and over again through the tears while we continued tapping the points until he felt complete. He was exhausted and grateful and we were complete for that session which was about 1 hour in length.
That night, for the first time in 39 years, he slept 8 hours straight.
I spoke to him two weeks later and he told me that he had slept for 12 hours a few nights before, and he felt great. He also stated that he wasn't ready to give me credit for it, but what I did couldn't have hurt. I laughed and said, "It's o.k., I don't need the credit. As long as you're feeling good that's all that matters.”
I spoke to him two months later and in general conversation he started telling me all the things he was doing and that he had lived in a house for four years and had never unpacked the boxes, but was unpacking everything, organizing it, and started feeling as if he had a home.
He's also making plans to repair a boat he's had in the water for years - in fact he was on it when I called. I asked him how he felt and he replied that he felt good. I asked him how the flashbacks were and he said he had everything under control but it was probably because he's come to accept everything that happened and didn't really think it was that weird tapping stuff I did to him. I just smile. Then I asked him if he's sleeping through the night, and he now gets up once during the night to get something to eat because he's used to doing that but all-in-all everything's great.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.