- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Stubborn client, PTSD, hidden aspects and psychological reversal
- PTSD from a traumatic miscarriage is resolved with EFT
- Bob Patefield wipes out his own PTSD
- An EFT gift for firefighters suffering from PTSD and trauma
- New Treatment for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Delivers Rapid, Long Lasting Results for Iraqi War Veterans--No Drugs Necessary
- Vietnam Vet with severe PTSD sleeps through the night for the first time in 39 years
- War veteran with PTSD gets quality results with EFT
- EFT beginner collapses her own PTSD
- Pat Farrell resolves her own PTSD
- Knocking down war PTSD symptoms like dominoes
- Curing PTSD
- EFT clears PTSD -- Nassirya bombing, Iraq
- EFT on DID and PTSD
- How I handled my PTSD (child abuse) all by myself
- An EFT Newcomer relieves Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- How I handled my PTSD (witnessing a violent crime) all by myself
- An efficient way to relieve a PTSD memory
- Jeanne Ranger clears her own PTSD
- Rape by a "friend"--PTSD and suicidal thoughts
- A very traumatic birth experience was at the root of this woman
- A problem staying focused and present had its roots in childhood trauma -- EFT resolved it.
- Difficulty with labor pains had its roots in childhood sexual abuse
- Chronic ear infections vanished after childhood trauma was cleared with EFT
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- EFT and the devastation of childhood abuse
- Childhood molestation--using UNDERSTAND in the Set-up phrase
- EFT and birth trauma - addressing "the fetus inside me"
- 13 years of daily abuse fades with a form of The Personal Peace Procedure
- Deborah Miller helps a man unravel how a childhood molestation affects his current relationship
- A creative way to uncover a traumatic childhood event
- An Hour and Ten Minutes (for relief of attempted murder, two assaults, rape and childhood incidents)
- Cleaning up a rape trauma
- A "one minute wonder" rape release.
- An EFT expert beautifully weaves EFT within her client's pain, panic and molestation--success across the board
- A detailed and professional session regarding EFT for rape -- with one year follow-up
- Surgery and back to normal in 3 days
- Dr. Eric Robins, MD, uses EFT to avoid surgery for urination problem
- Unique uses for EFT in the surgery room
- Did EFT or Antibiotics help this little boy?
- How to remove a cyst without surgery or lasers
- A sore throat is traced to a childhood tonsil surgery
- Rapid EFT results with an ACL tear -- Every sports team in the world would love to hear about this
- Cataract surgery goes perfectly after releasing inner child Issues
- Taking the edge off of a molestation.
- Gillian Wightman leads us expertly through a complicated "father abuse" case -- a fabulous start
- Using EFT for "womb issues"
- Email correspondence on a serious childhood abuse case
- Bringing Bev out of a semi-catatonic state
- Relieving the trauma of a car accident with EFT
- EFT newcomer taps herself out of a dissociative state during regular therapy
- Using EFT when the client has a memory "blank spot"
- Using EFT after a terrorist attack
- Tapping on love pain leads Marta to her traumatic birth experience
- Using Surrogate EFT on 2-month old baby after surgery
- Group trauma treatment--CISD with EFT
- WAILING ON WALL STREET
- Releasing fear and trauma after a dog bite
- Accessing the deeper levels of trauma stored in our cellular memory
- EFT "Choices" for recent NYC trauma victims.
- Using EFT to negotiate with multiple personalities
- This psychiatrist uses EFT
- Pieter de Zwart combines his intuition with quality testing of his work for a first class result for trauma
- Borrowing Benefits brings up and collapses the Big One
- EFT newcomer resolves her own deep seated issues from childhood
- Handling the aftermath of a mugging with EFT...over the phone
- Did Brenda really abuse her brother?
- Three dissociative disorder cases
- Rape Trauma alleviated completely in one session with EFT -- libido returns
- Three EFT sessions lift depression, anger and sexual abuse trauma
- Pat Gurnick is my hero
- War trauma--no more nightmares
- 15 minutes of EFT brings dramatic results to a Vietnam Veteran
- EFT tapping for trauma brings unexpected benefits
- Trauma relief one week after the Sept. 11, 2001 tragedy
- EFT after an attack in the street
- Helping a lost boy and his family out in the woods - spontaneous EFT
- The value of guessing: Releasing trauma in an injured elbow
- Sexual abuse case
- EFT helps clear early date rape trauma
- How Rebecca Gurland started with the EFT Personal Peace Procedure and wound up collapsing her major core issues
- EFT used instead of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) on severe trauma with impressive results
- EFT Trauma Session Seemed Complete But Needed More Work
- Praise for the EFT Tearless Trauma Technique
- Another approach to the Movie Technique
- Handling an abuse case in a quality way
- Working with Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Rape resolved in record time
- The connection between vitiligo and a traumatic experience
- Peeling away the layers of sexual abuse
- Tapping for prenatal issues brings benefits
- EFT for our Emergency First Responders
- Hives subside as traumatic incident is resolved
- Step by step through a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder case
- Digging for core issues - reconnection to a trauma that was behind hay fever symptoms
- Hollywood film maker resolves deep personal traumas with EFT
- Resolving the intense after effects of child birth trauma
- A Detailed and Masterful Article on Using EFT for Trauma
- Six successful sessions with a war veteran
- Criminal defense attorney does EFT with suicidal client in jail
- Expert handling of a hidden traumatic memory -- all within 30 minutes
- Listen to a successful EFT grief session with Dr. Carol Look and "Toby"
- Approaching complex trauma with EFT - The Inner Theater
- Working with trauma - the connection between EFT and the Amygdula
- It started in a prison camp
- An EFT Formula for Specific Trauma
- A traumatized female reclaims trust in her instincts
- Hurricane Katrina survivor successfully receives EFT for trauma
- Examples of "Stress Inoculation" through EFT...."but does it last?"
- Working with extreme trauma using a variation of the EFT Movie Technique
- Battered woman with cramped hands completes flower drawing after EFT--a one minute wonder
- Fear of dentists and oral rape
- A traumatic fall from a tree
- EFT after Hurricane Ike - Trauma Triage
- The Movie Technique for a traumatic memory and unresolved grief
- How to make EFT work when it "doesn't work."
- Lawyer resolves many personal traumas and writes testimonial letter
- K was left for dead after a Serial Killer's Attack -- EFT cleans up the traumatic aftermath
- A chiropractor helps a homicide trauma - burping is a sign of relief
- Where only the pros should tread.
- Successfully handling childhood molestation--a classy case by Nancy Morris
- The "emotional stunt double" process using EFT
- Comparing traumatic abreactions--with and without EFT
- An expert discusses EFT and sudden trauma.
- An extreme trauma with a severe abreaction--and what to do about it
- EFT in the aftermath of domestic violence
- Rapid relief from accident flashbacks
- Trauma in the trunk of a car
- Using EFT to unravel the many pieces of a child molestation
- Releasing the Trauma of placing her husband in a nursing home
- The layers of trauma
- An even more tearless trauma technique
- EFT with a Vietnam nurse - a quality use of specific events
- Tapping on hearing traumatic stories from others - ear problems
- Rape trauma: "It just doesn't seem to bother me like it did."
- Tapping for the troops
- Using Group EFT in a school setting for a crisis
- Persistent use of EFT brings assistance in traumatic dream
- The Sun in my Soul - EFT overhauls Kathy's life
- What would you do for your client if his son shot and killed another boy?
- EFT newcomer diffuses trauma even though he didn't know it was rape
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- Trauma relief for a Prisoner of War and a fruit phobia
- Thoughts on Abreactions and how to handle them
- Finding the trauma behind the trauma
- Delivering EFT to a macho war veteran
- Katrina Victims Enjoy New Trauma Relief Method
- Miranda: Repressed memory of childhood sexual abuse
- Using EFT for Trauma Relief after a major earthquake in Indonesia
- Aileen's client is an actress and no longer has "Interrogation Trauma" -- acting improves
- Trauma success in Israel--as told by the client
- Using the EFT Tell the Story Technique helps calm a rape victim
- Tina broke free from an age 12 trauma
- Andrea's miscarriage
- Tearless Trauma Technique
- Creating a new emotional state for trauma sufferers
- Surrogate EFT for sleeping client dramatically clears sexual abuse
- Releasing 14 years of pent up grief and trauma
- Tip-Toeing into two car accident traumas
- How do you work with a traumatic incident that a client does not remember?
- Some tips for easing trauma survivors into using EFT
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
PTSD from a traumatic miscarriage is resolved with EFT
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to (1) consult The Gold Standard EFT Tapping Tutorial, (2) Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
In her well written article, Marcia Platt says, "More than 25% of pregnancies end in miscarriage and this unnoticed yet sizable minority of women and their partners may never reach resolution of this loss."
All too often the emotional sequelae of miscarriage go unacknowledged. Unlike cultural and religious rituals given to the death of a loved one, miscarriage is kind of a “no man’s land." Well-meaning family and friends can tend to minimize this loss by saying things like “Oh, don’t worry, you’ll try again … These things happen … It’s probably for the best”. But it doesn’t begin to address the degree of loss and grief a woman or man may experience during this time. More than 25% of pregnancies end in miscarriage and this unnoticed yet sizable minority of women and their partners may never reach resolution of this loss.
“Trish”, age 36, was referred to me by a colleague 3 months after she had suffered a miscarriage 3 ½ months into her first pregnancy. Two days before Christmas Trish had begun having cramps and bleeding during the night and in the morning went to an OB who was covering for her usual doctor. He did a sonogram and said, with no preamble, “The fetus is dead, I don’t hear anything. You’ll need a D&C and I can do it later in my office. It’s no big deal”.
Trish left the office with her husband, both in shock, and walked around in a daze for several hours trying to absorb this news and returned to the doctor that afternoon. (Note - a D&C is usually done in hospital with anesthesia.)
She felt that the doctor and his staff wanted to leave early for the holiday and were rushing her. This painful procedure was done without any preparation or medication. The entire experience went from bad to worse as the physician mishandled the procedure and everything involved with it. Trish and her husband both felt and observed things they NEVER should have. I’ll spare you the details.
Not only did Trish lose the baby, her mistreatment by an “on call” physician compounded what was already an overwhelming situation. She was left with symptoms of severe PTSD, including inability to sleep or concentrate, inability to stop crying, recurring images of the medical procedure she endured, feelings of hopelessness and helplessness, grief and anger.
My colleague had attempted EMDR several times with her, but Trish would immediately experience an abreaction and could go no further. He thought EFT might be more helpful and asked if EFT might work in this case. Of course I said “YES”! Needless to say Trish’s level of intensity was initially beyond 10 on a scale of 0 to 10 on almost every aspect we tapped on.
Even though I don’t want to talk about this…
Even though I know I can stop at any time, it’s up to me…
Even though it’s too painful to talk about…
Even though I’m afraid I’ll be overwhelmed…
Even though I’ll never get over this grieving, I’m open to the possibility that this can change.
Even though I’ve never been able to talk about what happened, I’m open to the possibility that it can be different this time and I’m open to healing.
When her level of intensity was down to 1 or 2 out of 10, we were ready to proceed. We used the Tell the Story Technique from the beginning of her experience. Her level of intensity was 8 out of 10 and going VERY SLOWLY we tapped on:
Even though I thought I was “safe” after completing the first trimester…
Even though I started bleeding and had cramps…
Even though I knew something was wrong…
Even though I was scared I’d lose the baby…
Even though I couldn’t sleep…
Even though I prayed and prayed things would be all right…
Even though I was filled with dread, I honor myself for getting through this difficult time.
Her level of intensity was down to 2 out of 10 and her story continued with her level of intensity at 10 out of 10.
Even though he said “The fetus is dead”…
Even though I really didn’t understand what that meant…
Even though my mind went numb with that information…
Even though I was in a daze…
Even though the worst had happened…
Even though it wasn’t “Fair”, I accept all my feelings without judgment.
Even though this wasn’t supposed to happen, I’m open to healing this deep pain.
Even though this did happen, I’m open to the possibility of finding peace.
Her level of intensity was down to 3 out of 10 and her story continued with her level of intensity at 10 out of 10 when she spoke of the procedure itself:
Even though the pain was more than I could bear…
Even though I was screaming because the pain was so bad…
Even though I thought I would pass out…
Even though I wanted to pass out…
Even though it felt like a piece of me was being ripped apart, I acknowledge my body for being far stronger than I thought it could ever be.
Even though this happened, I choose to remember that I survived terrible pain. I honor my body and my soul for being so strong.
Her level of intensity was down to 2 out of 10 and her story continued:
Even though I heard something crash on the floor…
Even though I saw the contents of the (uterus) canister…
Even though it was all red and bloody…
Even though I knew what it was … it was my baby…
Even though that canister held all hopes and dreams…
Even though I believed the canister held the promise of a family, I accept myself and all my feelings.
Even though I thought it was the family I would never have, I accept myself and all my beliefs.
Even though it seemed like all my hopes and dreams had died too, I’m open to finding peace. I’m open to healing.
We also tapped on self-esteem issues she has been dealing with her whole life. We tapped on the following and her level of intensity started at 6 or 7 out of 10.
Even though there must be something wrong with me that I couldn’t carry this baby to term, I want to accept myself anyway.
Even though it’s probably my fault, I can’t do anything right, I’m open to forgiving myself for this belief and perhaps I can see this experience in a different light.
Even though I believe I don’t deserve to have a baby, I’m open to changing this perception and I’m to open to healing this pain.
Her level of intensity was 1 out of 10 and we reframed her experience with her level of intensity of 6 out of 10.
Even though this happened, I’m open to forgiving myself for any contribution I may have made to this event.
Even though I’ve gone through hell, I’m open to the possibility that things happen for reasons I may never understand.
Even though this was a terrible experience, I’m willing to consider that there may be some learning in here for me.
Even though this may not have been the right time for this little soul to be born into this world, I’m willing to open my heart and release this pain.
Even though this happened, I choose to believe in my dream of creating a family.
We tapped many times over: I’m open to healing, I’m open to healing, until her level of intensity reduced to 1 or 2 out of 10.
I asked Trish if there was anything else she needed to do to further her healing. We talked about creating rituals to acknowledge her loss. She wanted to write a letter to the baby expressing her sadness and to say “good bye”. Trish had also seen jewelry on the internet for women who had miscarried and thought what she needed was to have a necklace made with what would have been the baby’s name. Her level of intensity was at 4 out of 10 and we finished with:
Even though this happened, I’ve discovered just how strong I really am.
Even though this happened, the bond I share with my husband is so much stronger now.
Even though this happened, I’m ready to release my need to hold onto this particular “dream” and make space in my heart to move on.
Even though this happened, I’m ready to accept that this experience is complete for me.
Even though this happened I’m open to finding peace. My intention is for complete healing.
Her level of intensity was 1 or 2 and after 2 hours of EFT, Trish was exhausted and relaxed. She was able to tell the “story” calmly and without tears. Yes, she was sad, but appropriately so.
We had just one more session the following week just to check in. PTSD symptoms were completely gone. She felt resolved with her experience. Trish said she wanted to hold on to some anger to motivate her to report the physician to the NJ Board of Medical Examiners.
God Bless EFT!
Post script: After an “uneventful” pregnancy Trish gave birth to a healthy baby just one year later. She says she is “over the moon”!
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.