- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Stubborn client, PTSD, hidden aspects and psychological reversal
- PTSD from a traumatic miscarriage is resolved with EFT
- Bob Patefield wipes out his own PTSD
- An EFT gift for firefighters suffering from PTSD and trauma
- New Treatment for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Delivers Rapid, Long Lasting Results for Iraqi War Veterans--No Drugs Necessary
- EFT beginner collapses her own PTSD
- Vietnam Vet with severe PTSD sleeps through the night for the first time in 39 years
- War veteran with PTSD gets quality results with EFT
- Curing PTSD
- Pat Farrell resolves her own PTSD
- Knocking down war PTSD symptoms like dominoes
- EFT on DID and PTSD
- EFT clears PTSD -- Nassirya bombing, Iraq
- An EFT Newcomer relieves Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- How I handled my PTSD (child abuse) all by myself
- An efficient way to relieve a PTSD memory
- How I handled my PTSD (witnessing a violent crime) all by myself
- Rape by a "friend"--PTSD and suicidal thoughts
- Jeanne Ranger clears her own PTSD
- A very traumatic birth experience was at the root of this woman
- A problem staying focused and present had its roots in childhood trauma -- EFT resolved it.
- Difficulty with labor pains had its roots in childhood sexual abuse
- Chronic ear infections vanished after childhood trauma was cleared with EFT
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- EFT and the devastation of childhood abuse
- Childhood molestation--using UNDERSTAND in the Set-up phrase
- EFT and birth trauma - addressing "the fetus inside me"
- 13 years of daily abuse fades with a form of The Personal Peace Procedure
- Deborah Miller helps a man unravel how a childhood molestation affects his current relationship
- A creative way to uncover a traumatic childhood event
- An Hour and Ten Minutes (for relief of attempted murder, two assaults, rape and childhood incidents)
- Cleaning up a rape trauma
- A "one minute wonder" rape release.
- An EFT expert beautifully weaves EFT within her client's pain, panic and molestation--success across the board
- A detailed and professional session regarding EFT for rape -- with one year follow-up
- Dr. Eric Robins, MD, uses EFT to avoid surgery for urination problem
- Unique uses for EFT in the surgery room
- Did EFT or Antibiotics help this little boy?
- How to remove a cyst without surgery or lasers
- A sore throat is traced to a childhood tonsil surgery
- Rapid EFT results with an ACL tear -- Every sports team in the world would love to hear about this
- Cataract surgery goes perfectly after releasing inner child Issues
- 15 minutes of EFT brings dramatic results to a Vietnam Veteran
- EFT tapping for trauma brings unexpected benefits
- EFT "Choices" for recent NYC trauma victims.
- Using EFT to negotiate with multiple personalities
- This psychiatrist uses EFT
- Pieter de Zwart combines his intuition with quality testing of his work for a first class result for trauma
- Borrowing Benefits brings up and collapses the Big One
- EFT newcomer resolves her own deep seated issues from childhood
- Handling the aftermath of a mugging with EFT...over the phone
- Did Brenda really abuse her brother?
- Three dissociative disorder cases
- Rape Trauma alleviated completely in one session with EFT -- libido returns
- Three EFT sessions lift depression, anger and sexual abuse trauma
- Pat Gurnick is my hero
- War trauma--no more nightmares
- Handling an abuse case in a quality way
- Working with Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Rape resolved in record time
- The connection between vitiligo and a traumatic experience
- Trauma relief one week after the Sept. 11, 2001 tragedy
- EFT after an attack in the street
- Helping a lost boy and his family out in the woods - spontaneous EFT
- The value of guessing: Releasing trauma in an injured elbow
- Sexual abuse case
- EFT helps clear early date rape trauma
- How Rebecca Gurland started with the EFT Personal Peace Procedure and wound up collapsing her major core issues
- EFT used instead of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) on severe trauma with impressive results
- EFT Trauma Session Seemed Complete But Needed More Work
- Praise for the EFT Tearless Trauma Technique
- Another approach to the Movie Technique
- Expert handling of a hidden traumatic memory -- all within 30 minutes
- Listen to a successful EFT grief session with Dr. Carol Look and "Toby"
- Approaching complex trauma with EFT - The Inner Theater
- Working with trauma - the connection between EFT and the Amygdula
- Peeling away the layers of sexual abuse
- Tapping for prenatal issues brings benefits
- EFT for our Emergency First Responders
- Hives subside as traumatic incident is resolved
- Step by step through a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder case
- Digging for core issues - reconnection to a trauma that was behind hay fever symptoms
- Hollywood film maker resolves deep personal traumas with EFT
- Resolving the intense after effects of child birth trauma
- A Detailed and Masterful Article on Using EFT for Trauma
- Six successful sessions with a war veteran
- Criminal defense attorney does EFT with suicidal client in jail
- How to make EFT work when it "doesn't work."
- Lawyer resolves many personal traumas and writes testimonial letter
- K was left for dead after a Serial Killer's Attack -- EFT cleans up the traumatic aftermath
- A chiropractor helps a homicide trauma - burping is a sign of relief
- It started in a prison camp
- An EFT Formula for Specific Trauma
- A traumatized female reclaims trust in her instincts
- Hurricane Katrina survivor successfully receives EFT for trauma
- Examples of "Stress Inoculation" through EFT...."but does it last?"
- Working with extreme trauma using a variation of the EFT Movie Technique
- Battered woman with cramped hands completes flower drawing after EFT--a one minute wonder
- Fear of dentists and oral rape
- A traumatic fall from a tree
- EFT after Hurricane Ike - Trauma Triage
- The Movie Technique for a traumatic memory and unresolved grief
- The layers of trauma
- An even more tearless trauma technique
- EFT with a Vietnam nurse - a quality use of specific events
- Where only the pros should tread.
- Successfully handling childhood molestation--a classy case by Nancy Morris
- The "emotional stunt double" process using EFT
- Comparing traumatic abreactions--with and without EFT
- An expert discusses EFT and sudden trauma.
- An extreme trauma with a severe abreaction--and what to do about it
- EFT in the aftermath of domestic violence
- Rapid relief from accident flashbacks
- Trauma in the trunk of a car
- Using EFT to unravel the many pieces of a child molestation
- Releasing the Trauma of placing her husband in a nursing home
- Delivering EFT to a macho war veteran
- Katrina Victims Enjoy New Trauma Relief Method
- Tapping on hearing traumatic stories from others - ear problems
- Rape trauma: "It just doesn't seem to bother me like it did."
- Tapping for the troops
- Using Group EFT in a school setting for a crisis
- Persistent use of EFT brings assistance in traumatic dream
- The Sun in my Soul - EFT overhauls Kathy's life
- What would you do for your client if his son shot and killed another boy?
- EFT newcomer diffuses trauma even though he didn't know it was rape
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- Trauma relief for a Prisoner of War and a fruit phobia
- Thoughts on Abreactions and how to handle them
- Finding the trauma behind the trauma
- Miranda: Repressed memory of childhood sexual abuse
- Using EFT for Trauma Relief after a major earthquake in Indonesia
- Aileen's client is an actress and no longer has "Interrogation Trauma" -- acting improves
- Trauma success in Israel--as told by the client
- Using the EFT Tell the Story Technique helps calm a rape victim
- Tina broke free from an age 12 trauma
- Andrea's miscarriage
- Tearless Trauma Technique
- Creating a new emotional state for trauma sufferers
- Surrogate EFT for sleeping client dramatically clears sexual abuse
- Releasing 14 years of pent up grief and trauma
- Tip-Toeing into two car accident traumas
- How do you work with a traumatic incident that a client does not remember?
- Some tips for easing trauma survivors into using EFT
- Taking the edge off of a molestation.
- Gillian Wightman leads us expertly through a complicated "father abuse" case -- a fabulous start
- Using EFT for "womb issues"
- Email correspondence on a serious childhood abuse case
- Bringing Bev out of a semi-catatonic state
- Relieving the trauma of a car accident with EFT
- EFT newcomer taps herself out of a dissociative state during regular therapy
- Using EFT when the client has a memory "blank spot"
- Using EFT after a terrorist attack
- Tapping on love pain leads Marta to her traumatic birth experience
- Using Surrogate EFT on 2-month old baby after surgery
- Group trauma treatment--CISD with EFT
- WAILING ON WALL STREET
- Releasing fear and trauma after a dog bite
- Accessing the deeper levels of trauma stored in our cellular memory
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
EFT clears PTSD -- Nassirya bombing, Iraq
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to (1) consult The Gold Standard EFT Tapping Tutorial, (2) Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Some readers may find this war related article by Andrea Fredi (from Italy) disturbing to read. Nonetheless, EFT's value for war related trauma is quite clear. My hope is that you will pass this article on to our war veterans as a symbol of hope that their nightmares can fade.
Here’s a letter that Franco, a Carabiniere (special force) survivor from Nassirya bombing in Iraq, just sent me. I had the pleasure to meet him during an EFT Course recently, but I didn't know he had lived that experience. So, when I was about to demonstrate the Tell the Story Technique and I asked for a person, he volunteered.
When he began telling the event, it was good that I was tapping on myself (remaining centered) guiding him, because what he was narrating was really strong. A big part of the group, who was around us listening, was tapping to cope with the emotional impact of the story.
While he was telling the event, and the details became more accurate and emotionally intense, his emotions manifested as muscular tensions, heat, sweat, and tears. I was suggesting EFT Setup phrases in order to clear all the scenes he was narrating (details below) proceeding slowly to be sure all the aspects were brought to a level of intensity of 0 on a scale of 0 to 10.
We faced many visual (that I prefer to omit considering the harshness), auditory and kinesthetic details, tapping on these scenes until they got cleared. A very important aspect (common to people that lived through tragedies like this) was the "Blame to be alive, when my colleagues are dead.” A few rounds of EFT and that was ok.
I remember sentences like Even though I had to save them... Even though I had to know in advance that they were attacking... And a phrase with some humour like, Even though I'm Superman but I wasn't able to save them anyway...
After 45 minutes, once he felt light telling what he narrated (thanks also to a couple of well-done 9 Gamut procedures) he agreed to stop so he had the opportunity to integrate the work we had done.
We arranged an appointment, this time outside the public environment, to finish the work. When this happened (a couple of months later), to Franco's big surprise, the part of the story that we treated together at the previous workshop was practically at zero out of 10. While continuing the narration, others emotions and aspects came out and we tapped.
We worked together for nearly an hour on the remaining 25% of the story, releasing emotions of anger, grief, blame, and the sadness for the colleagues dead. We also used some reframing to transform the coldness he showed during the event (and by him judged somehow in a negative way) into a "sound ability to act and do things others weren't able to do."
For example, thanks to his presence of mind he and other colleagues had been able to open a breach for the Iraqi Firemen, avoiding a tremendous blast into the ammunition depot. This limited the already high number of victims. Towards the end we worked on the remaining tensions in the neck and shoulders, and on the linked emotions.
It has been an extraordinary experience, and I wish it could become of inspiration for those who carry similar weights. A big thanks to Franco for sharing his experience.
From Franco to Andrea "and I add a thanks"
I've treated PTSD with EFT together with Andrea Fredi, having wonderful results. I met Andrea at an EFT course he was giving, and I told him what happened to me in Iraq. I narrated what happened there, having emotions that were well over 10 (on a 0-10 scale).
We treated about 75% of the event and we have been able to get to 0 on this, we then decided to treat the remaining 25% on a different occasion. A couple of months later I had a one on one session with Andrea. The thing that really got my curiosity, and convinced me to share this event, is the fact that while telling him the 75% of the event previously reported, the emotions were 0 or 1, like the day we treated them during the course. I then narrated the remaining 25% of the event having emotions around 5 or 6, and with EFT got to 0 as well.
Report: International Mission called "Antica Babilonia,” in Iraq
The report of a Carabiniere (special Italian force) present at the moment of the attack at the Nassirya base on November 12th, 2003.
The morning of the 12th of November 2003 I was inside the building, where later happened the attack, doing computer work. A colleague came and asked me if I wanted to go with him at the Command (150 metres), to hand over armies and various items because, after 2 days, we should have left to go back, in Italy. I went with him and other colleagues in a military car at the other side of the river, inside the base. We had just arrived when we heard shooting from the Maestrale Base (where we were a few minutes before) and right after we were shaken by the shock wave of the blast.
Immediately we saw the building of the Maestrale Base embedded in black smoke and we heard shooting from there. Our mind went to the colleagues that were inside the building. We couldn't know what was happening so I took a bulletproof vest, a gas mask and a rifle and me and a colleague went toward the Maestrale Base.
We got into a military vehicle and went towards the base in flames, then inside the building to rescue those wounded. There was still shooting and we didn't know if we were under attack or not. We noticed a dead man's body in a room, and we recognized him, then we went on looking for other people wounded, but we didn't find anybody.
We went behind the building and noticed that the shooting came from the container used as ammunition depot, still in flames. With some colleagues I opened a breach into the fence in order to allow the Iraqi Firemen to extinguish the blaze. Under the container I found other bodies, and then shouted to warn people around to get away from there. I remember, around me, a colleague in complete shock.
Once the fire was extinguished I looked around and realized the situation: charred bodies, many in pieces, lay around. Colleagues that were talking to us till then, we couldn't recognize them. We put into plastic bags all the human remains, and I remember especially a colleague that was crying and asking me help him recognize a head he had inside a plastic bag.
In the afternoon, I could not say the hour; we continued looking for bodies, armies and documents, considering that some Iraqi was trying to steal. In the evening, exhausted, we went to rest but I couldn't sleep because the scenes of the tragedy kept coming into my mind. The morning after, we went back to the half-destroyed base still looking for human remains, and we brought them to the local hospital. In the late afternoon came the order to go back to Italy, and the evening we were at home.
This wants to be a small contribution to EFT and all those techniques that works in a simple and effective way, when nothing else will.
Thanks to EFT,
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.