- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Stubborn client, PTSD, hidden aspects and psychological reversal
- PTSD from a traumatic miscarriage is resolved with EFT
- Bob Patefield wipes out his own PTSD
- An EFT gift for firefighters suffering from PTSD and trauma
- New Treatment for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Delivers Rapid, Long Lasting Results for Iraqi War Veterans--No Drugs Necessary
- Vietnam Vet with severe PTSD sleeps through the night for the first time in 39 years
- War veteran with PTSD gets quality results with EFT
- EFT beginner collapses her own PTSD
- Pat Farrell resolves her own PTSD
- Knocking down war PTSD symptoms like dominoes
- Curing PTSD
- EFT on DID and PTSD
- EFT clears PTSD -- Nassirya bombing, Iraq
- An EFT Newcomer relieves Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- How I handled my PTSD (child abuse) all by myself
- An efficient way to relieve a PTSD memory
- How I handled my PTSD (witnessing a violent crime) all by myself
- Rape by a "friend"--PTSD and suicidal thoughts
- Jeanne Ranger clears her own PTSD
- A very traumatic birth experience was at the root of this woman
- A problem staying focused and present had its roots in childhood trauma -- EFT resolved it.
- Difficulty with labor pains had its roots in childhood sexual abuse
- Chronic ear infections vanished after childhood trauma was cleared with EFT
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- EFT and the devastation of childhood abuse
- Childhood molestation--using UNDERSTAND in the Set-up phrase
- EFT and birth trauma - addressing "the fetus inside me"
- 13 years of daily abuse fades with a form of The Personal Peace Procedure
- Deborah Miller helps a man unravel how a childhood molestation affects his current relationship
- A creative way to uncover a traumatic childhood event
- An Hour and Ten Minutes (for relief of attempted murder, two assaults, rape and childhood incidents)
- Cleaning up a rape trauma
- A "one minute wonder" rape release.
- An EFT expert beautifully weaves EFT within her client's pain, panic and molestation--success across the board
- A detailed and professional session regarding EFT for rape -- with one year follow-up
- Dr. Eric Robins, MD, uses EFT to avoid surgery for urination problem
- Unique uses for EFT in the surgery room
- Did EFT or Antibiotics help this little boy?
- How to remove a cyst without surgery or lasers
- A sore throat is traced to a childhood tonsil surgery
- Rapid EFT results with an ACL tear -- Every sports team in the world would love to hear about this
- Cataract surgery goes perfectly after releasing inner child Issues
- EFT "Choices" for recent NYC trauma victims.
- Using EFT to negotiate with multiple personalities
- This psychiatrist uses EFT
- Pieter de Zwart combines his intuition with quality testing of his work for a first class result for trauma
- Borrowing Benefits brings up and collapses the Big One
- EFT newcomer resolves her own deep seated issues from childhood
- Handling the aftermath of a mugging with EFT...over the phone
- Did Brenda really abuse her brother?
- Three dissociative disorder cases
- Rape Trauma alleviated completely in one session with EFT -- libido returns
- Three EFT sessions lift depression, anger and sexual abuse trauma
- Pat Gurnick is my hero
- War trauma--no more nightmares
- 15 minutes of EFT brings dramatic results to a Vietnam Veteran
- EFT tapping for trauma brings unexpected benefits
- Trauma relief one week after the Sept. 11, 2001 tragedy
- EFT after an attack in the street
- Helping a lost boy and his family out in the woods - spontaneous EFT
- The value of guessing: Releasing trauma in an injured elbow
- Sexual abuse case
- EFT helps clear early date rape trauma
- How Rebecca Gurland started with the EFT Personal Peace Procedure and wound up collapsing her major core issues
- EFT used instead of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) on severe trauma with impressive results
- EFT Trauma Session Seemed Complete But Needed More Work
- Praise for the EFT Tearless Trauma Technique
- Another approach to the Movie Technique
- Handling an abuse case in a quality way
- Working with Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Rape resolved in record time
- The connection between vitiligo and a traumatic experience
- Approaching complex trauma with EFT - The Inner Theater
- Working with trauma - the connection between EFT and the Amygdula
- Peeling away the layers of sexual abuse
- Tapping for prenatal issues brings benefits
- EFT for our Emergency First Responders
- Hives subside as traumatic incident is resolved
- Step by step through a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder case
- Digging for core issues - reconnection to a trauma that was behind hay fever symptoms
- Hollywood film maker resolves deep personal traumas with EFT
- Resolving the intense after effects of child birth trauma
- A Detailed and Masterful Article on Using EFT for Trauma
- Six successful sessions with a war veteran
- Criminal defense attorney does EFT with suicidal client in jail
- Expert handling of a hidden traumatic memory -- all within 30 minutes
- Listen to a successful EFT grief session with Dr. Carol Look and "Toby"
- How to make EFT work when it "doesn't work."
- Lawyer resolves many personal traumas and writes testimonial letter
- K was left for dead after a Serial Killer's Attack -- EFT cleans up the traumatic aftermath
- A chiropractor helps a homicide trauma - burping is a sign of relief
- It started in a prison camp
- An EFT Formula for Specific Trauma
- A traumatized female reclaims trust in her instincts
- Hurricane Katrina survivor successfully receives EFT for trauma
- Examples of "Stress Inoculation" through EFT...."but does it last?"
- Working with extreme trauma using a variation of the EFT Movie Technique
- Battered woman with cramped hands completes flower drawing after EFT--a one minute wonder
- Fear of dentists and oral rape
- A traumatic fall from a tree
- EFT after Hurricane Ike - Trauma Triage
- The Movie Technique for a traumatic memory and unresolved grief
- The layers of trauma
- An even more tearless trauma technique
- EFT with a Vietnam nurse - a quality use of specific events
- Where only the pros should tread.
- Successfully handling childhood molestation--a classy case by Nancy Morris
- The "emotional stunt double" process using EFT
- Comparing traumatic abreactions--with and without EFT
- An expert discusses EFT and sudden trauma.
- An extreme trauma with a severe abreaction--and what to do about it
- EFT in the aftermath of domestic violence
- Rapid relief from accident flashbacks
- Trauma in the trunk of a car
- Using EFT to unravel the many pieces of a child molestation
- Releasing the Trauma of placing her husband in a nursing home
- Delivering EFT to a macho war veteran
- Katrina Victims Enjoy New Trauma Relief Method
- Tapping on hearing traumatic stories from others - ear problems
- Rape trauma: "It just doesn't seem to bother me like it did."
- Tapping for the troops
- Using Group EFT in a school setting for a crisis
- Persistent use of EFT brings assistance in traumatic dream
- The Sun in my Soul - EFT overhauls Kathy's life
- What would you do for your client if his son shot and killed another boy?
- EFT newcomer diffuses trauma even though he didn't know it was rape
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- Trauma relief for a Prisoner of War and a fruit phobia
- Thoughts on Abreactions and how to handle them
- Finding the trauma behind the trauma
- Miranda: Repressed memory of childhood sexual abuse
- Using EFT for Trauma Relief after a major earthquake in Indonesia
- Aileen's client is an actress and no longer has "Interrogation Trauma" -- acting improves
- Trauma success in Israel--as told by the client
- Using the EFT Tell the Story Technique helps calm a rape victim
- Tina broke free from an age 12 trauma
- Andrea's miscarriage
- Tearless Trauma Technique
- Creating a new emotional state for trauma sufferers
- Surrogate EFT for sleeping client dramatically clears sexual abuse
- Releasing 14 years of pent up grief and trauma
- Tip-Toeing into two car accident traumas
- How do you work with a traumatic incident that a client does not remember?
- Some tips for easing trauma survivors into using EFT
- Taking the edge off of a molestation.
- Gillian Wightman leads us expertly through a complicated "father abuse" case -- a fabulous start
- Using EFT for "womb issues"
- Email correspondence on a serious childhood abuse case
- Bringing Bev out of a semi-catatonic state
- Relieving the trauma of a car accident with EFT
- EFT newcomer taps herself out of a dissociative state during regular therapy
- Using EFT when the client has a memory "blank spot"
- Using EFT after a terrorist attack
- Tapping on love pain leads Marta to her traumatic birth experience
- Using Surrogate EFT on 2-month old baby after surgery
- Group trauma treatment--CISD with EFT
- WAILING ON WALL STREET
- Releasing fear and trauma after a dog bite
- Accessing the deeper levels of trauma stored in our cellular memory
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
Cataract surgery goes perfectly after releasing inner child Issues
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to (1) consult The Gold Standard EFT Tapping Tutorial, (2) Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
This article by Deborah Miller, PhD from Mexico points out the many benefits of using EFT on unresolved emotional issues from childhood. She says, "Isn’t it marvelous how a woman with serious inner child issues with her mother and doctors, could after a few EFT sessions release that emotional and physical pain, have confidence in doctors after being treated badly by them since birth, have a speedy recovery from cataract surgery, attain 20/20 vision, recognize her old beliefs and make new choices, be enthused about her life, and visualize how delightful life is."
Lee had been using EFT but without the desired results, yet felt nervous asking an EFT practitioner for help. In fact, we began with a brief round to release those fears.
Lee’s History: Lee is the 5th of 7 children. She was her mother’s scapegoat and felt unloved and totally alone. Lee’s birth was long and difficult (her mother and doctor decided to induce labor early) with the doctor dislocating her right shoulder in the process.
He didn’t notice or check her afterwards so she has reduced mobility in her right arm, compromised muscles on the right side of her face, and her right eye turns outward slightly. (Note that Lee has been telling about her bad relationship with doctors since birth)
As an adult, she’s had lots of brain fog, lacked stamina, energy and vitality, was dizzy when walking or standing, and didn’t go anywhere. Her whole life seemed to be in suspended animation, and without direction. She felt completely ALONE in the world with her problems, feeling despair. After months of analysis she was diagnosed with a thyroid problem. Her medications made her condition worse. She had vision problems; including a botched eye surgery, and was scheduled for cataract surgery.
We began with a childhood experience. When Lee was 4 or 5 years old, she came downstairs to sit in her mother’s lap while she was reading but was turned away. One morning Lee’s younger sister was in her mother’s lap. She asked why and her mother’s response of, “You’re too big to sit on my lap” shocked little Lee because it never occurred to her that you could be too big to sit on your mother’s lap.
She turned and ran into the bathroom linen closet and closed the door hoping her mother would come find her but she never did. Lee waited there a long time. When she finally came out she had the childish notion to show her mother that she was mad at her sister with the hopes that her mother would fix it. But instead her mother got mad back at her. Lee explained that it shocked her all the way to her feet and she never ever felt good after that. For Lee, it was the end of her childhood.
After tapping, she saw herself coming down the stairs and leaving the room in the opposite direction, as if she had rewritten the mental "writing on her wall." She could see how she chose to be unlovable, which meant she could choose differently.
Between sessions, Lee realized she didn’t want to go in the opposite direction, but walk past her mother and those old issues. I felt guided to work with the little girl in Lee. I asked Lee to go to the closet door and talk to the little girl within.
Lee felt good, which was represented by the image of a lovely light sky blue like a beautiful spring day. The little girl in her liked the light blue sky because her whole life she’d pull back the curtain to only see pain. Lee’s pain disappeared. She felt movement of energy on the tops of both of her feet and sensations in her lower legs (Remember the original memory shook her to her feet).
Following this EFT session, after years of absence from family events, Lee went to one, stayed longer than expected and had a great time.
Lee contacted me a day before a scheduled cataract surgery on her right eye. She was afraid to go because of her birth experience and a previous botched eye surgery. She feared her current doctor would botch the surgery even though he is a great doctor. (Notice that Lee is conscious that not all doctors are bad.) We worked on her issues with doctors and continued with the inner child in the closet.
Lee’s inner child didn’t find it safe to come out of the closet and didn’t trust the adult in Lee. While tapping, Lee recognized how stubborn and distrusting the little girl within was. The little girl never felt she had a parent. We tapped until the little girl was at the doorway hugging the adult in Lee feeling happy, but still untrusting.
Even though she was in the same closet, her adult self opened the door. The adult in her carried the little girl out so they could be partners. This was brand new for her and the little girl, who absolutely loved being asked to learn with her. At the end of the round she felt no resentment, blame, or fear and they were outside the bathroom. (Isn’t it amazing how the little child in us has very specific needs and when they are met is very pleased.)
Regarding the surgery we did some visualizing along with the tapping. She imagined how she would like the surgery to go, and the outcomes she’d like to attain. I asked her what makes her feel happy. Lee said for her it was the flower jasmine. I suggested she imagine receiving a bouquet of jasmine after the surgery. This made her smile.
Then we tapped and envisioned: The surgery went well. The doctor was confident. He re-checked his work. He did follow-up. She came out of the surgery well. Her eyesight was perfect. She recovered without pain. She was cared for. The outcome was so good that it even surprised the doctor. (That got a chuckle) Lee was ready for her surgery.
Here’s a summary of what Lee wrote after her cataract surgery. The cataract surgery went off without a hitch (hoorah!) … and NO PAIN afterwards, either. She did "jasmine" visualization before she went to sleep, and it was wonderful.
Driving there, she had a lot of adrenaline, but was feeling fine, and wanted to stay centered in front of my grown son (who drove her). The following day she would have a vision check-up and post surgery check-up with the surgeon. She visualized that the outcome was going to be even better than he expected, that she could see beautifully already.
Here’s a summary of Lee’s post vision check-up report. The doctor said that her healing is so well underway it doesn't even look like she just had surgery. Her vision tested out at 20/20. What makes that outcome remarkable is that she had had two prior laser surgeries on that eye to correct her vision.
Lee stated, “You introduced me to a whole new idea by having me tap on I choose to give up my need to have a problem. I had not thought of myself as having a "need" for negativity, but yet the minute you said this, my eyes flew wide open due to recognition of the truth of this. (It is an unconscious need, of course! and you helped make it conscious.)
Actually, I have used that relinquishment phrase for quite a few things since then, such as: I release my need to be late; (2nd round: I choose to be on top of things, including arriving early). Or, I choose to release my need to have minor accidents that immobilize my legs [I have had two this year]; (2nd round: I choose to move forward with purpose and confidence.)
Isn’t it marvelous how a woman with serious inner child issues with her mother and doctors, could after a few EFT sessions release that emotional and physical pain, have confidence in doctors after being treated badly by them since birth, have a speedy recovery from cataract surgery, attain 20/20 vision, recognize her old beliefs and make new choices, be enthused about her life, and visualize how delightful life is.
I’m so pleased that Lee took this step to free her inner child from the old pains and step into wholeness. I wish her a life filled with joy-producing jasmine.
Deborah Miller, PhD
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.