- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Stubborn client, PTSD, hidden aspects and psychological reversal
- PTSD from a traumatic miscarriage is resolved with EFT
- Bob Patefield wipes out his own PTSD
- An EFT gift for firefighters suffering from PTSD and trauma
- New Treatment for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Delivers Rapid, Long Lasting Results for Iraqi War Veterans--No Drugs Necessary
- Vietnam Vet with severe PTSD sleeps through the night for the first time in 39 years
- War veteran with PTSD gets quality results with EFT
- EFT beginner collapses her own PTSD
- Pat Farrell resolves her own PTSD
- Knocking down war PTSD symptoms like dominoes
- Curing PTSD
- EFT clears PTSD -- Nassirya bombing, Iraq
- EFT on DID and PTSD
- How I handled my PTSD (child abuse) all by myself
- An EFT Newcomer relieves Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- An efficient way to relieve a PTSD memory
- How I handled my PTSD (witnessing a violent crime) all by myself
- Rape by a "friend"--PTSD and suicidal thoughts
- Jeanne Ranger clears her own PTSD
- A very traumatic birth experience was at the root of this woman
- A problem staying focused and present had its roots in childhood trauma -- EFT resolved it.
- Difficulty with labor pains had its roots in childhood sexual abuse
- Chronic ear infections vanished after childhood trauma was cleared with EFT
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- EFT and the devastation of childhood abuse
- Childhood molestation--using UNDERSTAND in the Set-up phrase
- EFT and birth trauma - addressing "the fetus inside me"
- 13 years of daily abuse fades with a form of The Personal Peace Procedure
- Deborah Miller helps a man unravel how a childhood molestation affects his current relationship
- A creative way to uncover a traumatic childhood event
- An Hour and Ten Minutes (for relief of attempted murder, two assaults, rape and childhood incidents)
- Cleaning up a rape trauma
- A "one minute wonder" rape release.
- An EFT expert beautifully weaves EFT within her client's pain, panic and molestation--success across the board
- A detailed and professional session regarding EFT for rape -- with one year follow-up
- Dr. Eric Robins, MD, uses EFT to avoid surgery for urination problem
- Unique uses for EFT in the surgery room
- Did EFT or Antibiotics help this little boy?
- How to remove a cyst without surgery or lasers
- A sore throat is traced to a childhood tonsil surgery
- Rapid EFT results with an ACL tear -- Every sports team in the world would love to hear about this
- Cataract surgery goes perfectly after releasing inner child Issues
- EFT "Choices" for recent NYC trauma victims.
- Using EFT to negotiate with multiple personalities
- This psychiatrist uses EFT
- Pieter de Zwart combines his intuition with quality testing of his work for a first class result for trauma
- Borrowing Benefits brings up and collapses the Big One
- EFT newcomer resolves her own deep seated issues from childhood
- Handling the aftermath of a mugging with EFT...over the phone
- Did Brenda really abuse her brother?
- Three dissociative disorder cases
- Rape Trauma alleviated completely in one session with EFT -- libido returns
- Three EFT sessions lift depression, anger and sexual abuse trauma
- Pat Gurnick is my hero
- War trauma--no more nightmares
- 15 minutes of EFT brings dramatic results to a Vietnam Veteran
- EFT tapping for trauma brings unexpected benefits
- Trauma relief one week after the Sept. 11, 2001 tragedy
- EFT after an attack in the street
- Helping a lost boy and his family out in the woods - spontaneous EFT
- The value of guessing: Releasing trauma in an injured elbow
- Sexual abuse case
- EFT helps clear early date rape trauma
- How Rebecca Gurland started with the EFT Personal Peace Procedure and wound up collapsing her major core issues
- EFT used instead of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) on severe trauma with impressive results
- EFT Trauma Session Seemed Complete But Needed More Work
- Praise for the EFT Tearless Trauma Technique
- Another approach to the Movie Technique
- Handling an abuse case in a quality way
- Working with Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Rape resolved in record time
- The connection between vitiligo and a traumatic experience
- Peeling away the layers of sexual abuse
- Tapping for prenatal issues brings benefits
- EFT for our Emergency First Responders
- Hives subside as traumatic incident is resolved
- Step by step through a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder case
- Digging for core issues - reconnection to a trauma that was behind hay fever symptoms
- Hollywood film maker resolves deep personal traumas with EFT
- Resolving the intense after effects of child birth trauma
- A Detailed and Masterful Article on Using EFT for Trauma
- Six successful sessions with a war veteran
- Criminal defense attorney does EFT with suicidal client in jail
- Expert handling of a hidden traumatic memory -- all within 30 minutes
- Listen to a successful EFT grief session with Dr. Carol Look and "Toby"
- Approaching complex trauma with EFT - The Inner Theater
- Working with trauma - the connection between EFT and the Amygdula
- It started in a prison camp
- An EFT Formula for Specific Trauma
- A traumatized female reclaims trust in her instincts
- Hurricane Katrina survivor successfully receives EFT for trauma
- Examples of "Stress Inoculation" through EFT...."but does it last?"
- Working with extreme trauma using a variation of the EFT Movie Technique
- Battered woman with cramped hands completes flower drawing after EFT--a one minute wonder
- Fear of dentists and oral rape
- A traumatic fall from a tree
- EFT after Hurricane Ike - Trauma Triage
- The Movie Technique for a traumatic memory and unresolved grief
- How to make EFT work when it "doesn't work."
- Lawyer resolves many personal traumas and writes testimonial letter
- K was left for dead after a Serial Killer's Attack -- EFT cleans up the traumatic aftermath
- A chiropractor helps a homicide trauma - burping is a sign of relief
- EFT with a Vietnam nurse - a quality use of specific events
- Where only the pros should tread.
- Successfully handling childhood molestation--a classy case by Nancy Morris
- The "emotional stunt double" process using EFT
- Comparing traumatic abreactions--with and without EFT
- An expert discusses EFT and sudden trauma.
- An extreme trauma with a severe abreaction--and what to do about it
- EFT in the aftermath of domestic violence
- Rapid relief from accident flashbacks
- Trauma in the trunk of a car
- Using EFT to unravel the many pieces of a child molestation
- Releasing the Trauma of placing her husband in a nursing home
- The layers of trauma
- An even more tearless trauma technique
- Delivering EFT to a macho war veteran
- Katrina Victims Enjoy New Trauma Relief Method
- Tapping on hearing traumatic stories from others - ear problems
- Rape trauma: "It just doesn't seem to bother me like it did."
- Tapping for the troops
- Using Group EFT in a school setting for a crisis
- Persistent use of EFT brings assistance in traumatic dream
- The Sun in my Soul - EFT overhauls Kathy's life
- What would you do for your client if his son shot and killed another boy?
- EFT newcomer diffuses trauma even though he didn't know it was rape
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- Trauma relief for a Prisoner of War and a fruit phobia
- Thoughts on Abreactions and how to handle them
- Finding the trauma behind the trauma
- Miranda: Repressed memory of childhood sexual abuse
- Using EFT for Trauma Relief after a major earthquake in Indonesia
- Aileen's client is an actress and no longer has "Interrogation Trauma" -- acting improves
- Trauma success in Israel--as told by the client
- Using the EFT Tell the Story Technique helps calm a rape victim
- Tina broke free from an age 12 trauma
- Andrea's miscarriage
- Tearless Trauma Technique
- Creating a new emotional state for trauma sufferers
- Surrogate EFT for sleeping client dramatically clears sexual abuse
- Releasing 14 years of pent up grief and trauma
- Tip-Toeing into two car accident traumas
- How do you work with a traumatic incident that a client does not remember?
- Some tips for easing trauma survivors into using EFT
- Taking the edge off of a molestation.
- Gillian Wightman leads us expertly through a complicated "father abuse" case -- a fabulous start
- Using EFT for "womb issues"
- Email correspondence on a serious childhood abuse case
- Bringing Bev out of a semi-catatonic state
- Relieving the trauma of a car accident with EFT
- EFT newcomer taps herself out of a dissociative state during regular therapy
- Using EFT when the client has a memory "blank spot"
- Using EFT after a terrorist attack
- Tapping on love pain leads Marta to her traumatic birth experience
- Using Surrogate EFT on 2-month old baby after surgery
- Group trauma treatment--CISD with EFT
- WAILING ON WALL STREET
- Releasing fear and trauma after a dog bite
- Accessing the deeper levels of trauma stored in our cellular memory
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
A sore throat is traced to a childhood tonsil surgery
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to (1) consult The Gold Standard EFT Tapping Tutorial, (2) Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Note: This article assumes you have a working knowledge of EFT. Newcomers can still learn from it but are advised to peruse our Free Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tutorial™ for a more complete understanding.
Gillian Wightman from Scotland shares a case with an interesting core issue. Notice the language she uses when addressing the problem.
In the course of my EFT training and workshop experiences I often come across people who have been plugging away at their own traumas alone, never thinking about spending some time working with an EFT coach or therapist, believing they should do it alone. I have always found it invaluable to work with other therapists as I cannot often get to the places I need to go to alone. This example highlights to me how powerful and effective it can be to spend a little time with someone you feel comfortable with when you get stuck in a painful place.
I got an email from an woman who had read some of my articles on this site. She has a complex childhood history which holds similarities to mine and although she was not aware of this, she had some sense instinctively that I was the right person to work with.
She told me she had been deeply distressed by events that week and had developed a very sore throat. She is very experienced with using EFT for herself but in this case tapping had brought little relief apart from the insight that this may be related somehow to a tonsillectomy when she was seven. She felt stuck and desperate and had spent two days crying like a small child with no real idea why.
She told me some of the events that had upset her. A close friend who was an artist had invited her to an exhibition of his as a guest. She was really looking forward to it and when she arrived she was met by someone asking her what it felt like to be on canvas. She had no idea what this meant, but as her friend had used her as a model in the past was intrigued to see what he had done. She was horrified to discover he had painted a picture in a style similar to “The Scream’ by Munch and below it was her name. Everyone who knew her assumed it was her but when she tackled him about it he told her it wasn’t her. She knew he was lying and was furious with him and wanted to end their friendship, although it had been a valued and supportive relationship. She realized her response was over the top but her feelings ran deep.
As she talked she remembered that during a conversation with the artist’s wife, she had felt like she had been ‘had’ by the throat.
I asked her about the memories of the tonsillectomy since she already had made the connection. She remembered feeling she had been forced to have her tonsils out, it was the fashion at the time and even then she felt she had a sense of outrage about it. There was a nurse who was nasty to her and told her she was very spoiled and there had been little sympathy or support. At this point it felt like she was relating the facts to me, as can often happen at first, we can tell the story but are not connecting with the emotion at all.
I asked her to describe her sore throat to me. She said it was very sore, but just talking about what had happened had brought it from an 8 to a 5. She saw a cave with two boulders. The boulders were her tonsils; there was a blue one which was ok and a red one, the missing tonsil which was not ok. I remarked that this was like a ‘phantom’ tonsil pain and she agreed. We tapped.
Even though my throat feels like a cave with a blue boulder and a red boulder and the red boulder is really not ok and I am not sure why...
Even though there is steam or energy coming from the red boulder…
Even though the boulder is smaller now, I am looking down on it, I feel in control now, its over, I survived whatever this boulder means…
Even though it looks like a small bump on a 3d map…
I now asked her to name the hospital experience as a movie. She called it the “nasty nurse horror movie.”
Even though I have this nasty nurse horror show… It proved to be difficult now to think about looking at the movie, she had now accessed the emotions. She had an intensity of about 7 on a scale of 0 to 10. After tapping it became easier to look at and to access the details and memories and emotion.
Even though I am so angry, this just wasn’t necessary…
Even though they said I had to be a good girl, go along with it, do as you are told…
Even though they turned me over and stuck the needle in and they lied to me, they said it wouldn’t hurt and it did…
Even though a nurse caught me out of bed and said ‘Get back to bed you spoiled girl’…
Even though mum called me a spoiled girl and the nurse said it too so it must be true, I am bad, I am spoiled, it’s my fault…
She realised at this point there had always been a connection between continually being told she was ‘spoiled’ (overindulged) and being a spoiled or ‘ruined’ person. I asked her to recheck the movie and it had changed. The nurse was laughing, kind and playful, she knew the little girl was afraid and was putting her at ease. All the intensity of emotion was gone round this incident and her throat was feeling much easier. I tested by rechecking all the statements and feelings and everything was resolved
I asked her now to think about what had happened during the week and we tapped on some specific feelings. We called the whole incident “Judy and Jim’s stupid behaviour” and did an initial round of tapping on this.
Even though I want to knock his block of, he is so stupid he didn’t see how much it would hurt me, and he lied to me...
Even though I don’t want to talk to her, I feeling ambushed. I don’t like her, I am not clear where my life is going and she keeps asking me Why don’t you do this, or this or this…
Even though I was feeling like a 7 year old with no control, crying endlessly, afraid, vulnerable, attacked, that was then and this is now, I am not seven years old anymore, I have better resources now...
All the intensity had come right down and we spent some time constructing a choice that had meaning for her and it represents the journey she is on at the moment.
Even though I felt desperately hurt and unsafe last week I choose to know that I can become inspired from a safe and courageous space.
She reported that her throat felt much better and that she could now resume her relationship with her friend and could imagine being with him. She later reported that her sore throat was completely better and this was her comment.
“Just to say a big thank you for being willing to fit me in at short notice, I really really appreciated that, and of course the actual session itself was very helpful and very revealing … as well as giving me more access to how my child self perceives things I also felt very safe working with you. Having a safe pair of hands to 'hold the space' one works with traumatic memories is powerful medicine.”
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.