- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Stubborn client, PTSD, hidden aspects and psychological reversal
- PTSD from a traumatic miscarriage is resolved with EFT
- New Treatment for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Delivers Rapid, Long Lasting Results for Iraqi War Veterans--No Drugs Necessary
- Bob Patefield wipes out his own PTSD
- An EFT gift for firefighters suffering from PTSD and trauma
- EFT beginner collapses her own PTSD
- Vietnam Vet with severe PTSD sleeps through the night for the first time in 39 years
- War veteran with PTSD gets quality results with EFT
- Curing PTSD
- Pat Farrell resolves her own PTSD
- Knocking down war PTSD symptoms like dominoes
- EFT on DID and PTSD
- EFT clears PTSD -- Nassirya bombing, Iraq
- An EFT Newcomer relieves Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- How I handled my PTSD (child abuse) all by myself
- An efficient way to relieve a PTSD memory
- How I handled my PTSD (witnessing a violent crime) all by myself
- Rape by a "friend"--PTSD and suicidal thoughts
- Jeanne Ranger clears her own PTSD
- A very traumatic birth experience was at the root of this woman
- A problem staying focused and present had its roots in childhood trauma -- EFT resolved it.
- Difficulty with labor pains had its roots in childhood sexual abuse
- Chronic ear infections vanished after childhood trauma was cleared with EFT
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- EFT and the devastation of childhood abuse
- Childhood molestation--using UNDERSTAND in the Set-up phrase
- EFT and birth trauma - addressing "the fetus inside me"
- 13 years of daily abuse fades with a form of The Personal Peace Procedure
- Deborah Miller helps a man unravel how a childhood molestation affects his current relationship
- A creative way to uncover a traumatic childhood event
- An Hour and Ten Minutes (for relief of attempted murder, two assaults, rape and childhood incidents)
- Cleaning up a rape trauma
- A "one minute wonder" rape release.
- An EFT expert beautifully weaves EFT within her client's pain, panic and molestation--success across the board
- A detailed and professional session regarding EFT for rape -- with one year follow-up
- Dr. Eric Robins, MD, uses EFT to avoid surgery for urination problem
- Unique uses for EFT in the surgery room
- Did EFT or Antibiotics help this little boy?
- How to remove a cyst without surgery or lasers
- A sore throat is traced to a childhood tonsil surgery
- Rapid EFT results with an ACL tear -- Every sports team in the world would love to hear about this
- Cataract surgery goes perfectly after releasing inner child Issues
- Did Brenda really abuse her brother?
- Three dissociative disorder cases
- Rape Trauma alleviated completely in one session with EFT -- libido returns
- Three EFT sessions lift depression, anger and sexual abuse trauma
- Pat Gurnick is my hero
- War trauma--no more nightmares
- 15 minutes of EFT brings dramatic results to a Vietnam Veteran
- EFT tapping for trauma brings unexpected benefits
- EFT "Choices" for recent NYC trauma victims.
- Using EFT to negotiate with multiple personalities
- This psychiatrist uses EFT
- Pieter de Zwart combines his intuition with quality testing of his work for a first class result for trauma
- Borrowing Benefits brings up and collapses the Big One
- EFT newcomer resolves her own deep seated issues from childhood
- Handling the aftermath of a mugging with EFT...over the phone
- EFT used instead of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) on severe trauma with impressive results
- EFT Trauma Session Seemed Complete But Needed More Work
- Praise for the EFT Tearless Trauma Technique
- Another approach to the Movie Technique
- Handling an abuse case in a quality way
- Working with Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Rape resolved in record time
- The connection between vitiligo and a traumatic experience
- Trauma relief one week after the Sept. 11, 2001 tragedy
- EFT after an attack in the street
- Helping a lost boy and his family out in the woods - spontaneous EFT
- The value of guessing: Releasing trauma in an injured elbow
- Sexual abuse case
- EFT helps clear early date rape trauma
- How Rebecca Gurland started with the EFT Personal Peace Procedure and wound up collapsing her major core issues
- Hollywood film maker resolves deep personal traumas with EFT
- Resolving the intense after effects of child birth trauma
- A Detailed and Masterful Article on Using EFT for Trauma
- Six successful sessions with a war veteran
- Criminal defense attorney does EFT with suicidal client in jail
- Expert handling of a hidden traumatic memory -- all within 30 minutes
- Listen to a successful EFT grief session with Dr. Carol Look and "Toby"
- Approaching complex trauma with EFT - The Inner Theater
- Working with trauma - the connection between EFT and the Amygdula
- Peeling away the layers of sexual abuse
- Tapping for prenatal issues brings benefits
- EFT for our Emergency First Responders
- Hives subside as traumatic incident is resolved
- Step by step through a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder case
- Digging for core issues - reconnection to a trauma that was behind hay fever symptoms
- Examples of "Stress Inoculation" through EFT...."but does it last?"
- Working with extreme trauma using a variation of the EFT Movie Technique
- Battered woman with cramped hands completes flower drawing after EFT--a one minute wonder
- Fear of dentists and oral rape
- A traumatic fall from a tree
- EFT after Hurricane Ike - Trauma Triage
- The Movie Technique for a traumatic memory and unresolved grief
- How to make EFT work when it "doesn't work."
- Lawyer resolves many personal traumas and writes testimonial letter
- K was left for dead after a Serial Killer's Attack -- EFT cleans up the traumatic aftermath
- A chiropractor helps a homicide trauma - burping is a sign of relief
- It started in a prison camp
- An EFT Formula for Specific Trauma
- A traumatized female reclaims trust in her instincts
- Hurricane Katrina survivor successfully receives EFT for trauma
- Comparing traumatic abreactions--with and without EFT
- An expert discusses EFT and sudden trauma.
- An extreme trauma with a severe abreaction--and what to do about it
- EFT in the aftermath of domestic violence
- Rapid relief from accident flashbacks
- Trauma in the trunk of a car
- Using EFT to unravel the many pieces of a child molestation
- Releasing the Trauma of placing her husband in a nursing home
- The layers of trauma
- An even more tearless trauma technique
- EFT with a Vietnam nurse - a quality use of specific events
- Where only the pros should tread.
- Successfully handling childhood molestation--a classy case by Nancy Morris
- The "emotional stunt double" process using EFT
- Persistent use of EFT brings assistance in traumatic dream
- The Sun in my Soul - EFT overhauls Kathy's life
- What would you do for your client if his son shot and killed another boy?
- EFT newcomer diffuses trauma even though he didn't know it was rape
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- Trauma relief for a Prisoner of War and a fruit phobia
- Thoughts on Abreactions and how to handle them
- Finding the trauma behind the trauma
- Delivering EFT to a macho war veteran
- Katrina Victims Enjoy New Trauma Relief Method
- Tapping on hearing traumatic stories from others - ear problems
- Rape trauma: "It just doesn't seem to bother me like it did."
- Tapping for the troops
- Using Group EFT in a school setting for a crisis
- Andrea's miscarriage
- Tearless Trauma Technique
- Creating a new emotional state for trauma sufferers
- Surrogate EFT for sleeping client dramatically clears sexual abuse
- Releasing 14 years of pent up grief and trauma
- Tip-Toeing into two car accident traumas
- How do you work with a traumatic incident that a client does not remember?
- Some tips for easing trauma survivors into using EFT
- Miranda: Repressed memory of childhood sexual abuse
- Using EFT for Trauma Relief after a major earthquake in Indonesia
- Aileen's client is an actress and no longer has "Interrogation Trauma" -- acting improves
- Trauma success in Israel--as told by the client
- Using the EFT Tell the Story Technique helps calm a rape victim
- Tina broke free from an age 12 trauma
- Using EFT when the client has a memory "blank spot"
- Using EFT after a terrorist attack
- Tapping on love pain leads Marta to her traumatic birth experience
- Using Surrogate EFT on 2-month old baby after surgery
- Group trauma treatment--CISD with EFT
- WAILING ON WALL STREET
- Releasing fear and trauma after a dog bite
- Accessing the deeper levels of trauma stored in our cellular memory
- Taking the edge off of a molestation.
- Gillian Wightman leads us expertly through a complicated "father abuse" case -- a fabulous start
- Using EFT for "womb issues"
- Email correspondence on a serious childhood abuse case
- Bringing Bev out of a semi-catatonic state
- Relieving the trauma of a car accident with EFT
- EFT newcomer taps herself out of a dissociative state during regular therapy
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
Dr. Eric Robins, MD, uses EFT to avoid surgery for urination problem
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to (1) consult The Gold Standard EFT Tapping Tutorial, (2) Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
I'm hoping the medical profession will pay particular attention to this case. It is one of many where EFT has been used to relieve a problem without the need to resort to surgery. Dr. Eric Robins, MD asked his surgery bound patient about any emotional issues that may have contributed to her urinary problems. She thought of a possibility involving her husband and, after Dr. Robins creatively applied EFT to it, the urinary problem cleared up. How simple! Surgery was avoided with one question and a few minutes of EFT.
This case involved a 53 year old woman who underwent a knee replacement surgery in January 2005. During her recovery period in the hospital she developed urinary retention requiring a Foley catheter. We saw her back in my clinic one week later to attempt to remove the catheter but she was unable to urinate on her own. The catheter was replaced, and over the course of 3 months, she never was able to void on her own despite numerous attempts to get the catheter out, and was unable to learn how to intermittently catheterize herself.
I performed a cystoscopy on her early on in which I looked in her bladder with a scope to rule out any sort of anatomic abnormality such as a stone, tumor, or scar tissue, but none was found. Unlike men who can develop urine retention because of an enlarged prostate or strictures in the urethra, she had no good reason to not be able to void. She did not have any other neurological reasons for the retention such as spinal defects, multiple sclerosis or diabetes mellitus.
Because of her inability to void, and because the catheter was beginning to cause some erosion of her urethra, I decided to schedule her for a surgery to place a suprapubic tube. This is a procedure in which we make a small incision in the lower abdomen, and place a tube directly into the bladder. I saw her for her pre-op visit, and when I finished the workup, I had an intuition to try to see if there were any emotional components to her urine retention. This woman had several other medical conditions including hypothyroidism, depression, and fibromyalgia, and in fact had required a great deal more pain medication after her knee replacement than is usually required. In my mind, the condition of depression had probably made her hypersensitive to the pain.
She seemed to be motivated to try EFT, which I briefly introduced as a form of emotional acupressure, because the alternative was surgery. I asked her, "If there was an emotional component to your inability to urinate, what would this be?" She said, as I asked this, that she experienced a severe pain in her lower abdomen that was a 10 in intensity. I said, "If you could just trust the answer that comes up, what is the event responsible for this pain in your lower abdomen and also for the urinary retention?" She thought for a minute and said, "Its stress from when my husband was in the hospital back in October, 2004, and he almost died."
As I had her think back to this event, the intensity level was initially a 10+. We tapped for various aspects including:
Even though my husband almost died in the hospital...
Even though I don't know what I'd do without him....
Even though I couldn't do enough for him to keep him well....
Even though he's been suffering a great deal....
At this point, much of the intensity had decreased, but it became apparent that she was still carrying around a great deal of guilt regarding his hospitalization. Seems that she was by her husband's side 24 hours a day while he was in the hospital, but had stepped out of the room for 10 minutes to talk to some family members who had gathered down the hall in the waiting room, and during this time her husband's physician came by the room and told him that he thought he was "not going to make it." The wife started crying because she felt so guilty that her husband had to hear this news without her there to support him. So we tapped for:
Even though he had to hear the news without me....
Even though I feel so guilty that I wasn't with him....
At this point, I decided I needed to reframe this whole thing, since some of the initial charge had been reduced by tapping, so we did a long, running commentary (a la Gary Craig) while tapping on the karate chop point, which went something like this:
GC COMMENT: Note the humor in Dr. Robins statements. This is often useful to "take the edge off" and to provide an appropriate reframe.
DR. ROBINS CONTINUES:
Even though I feel guilty for having left the room during that 10 minute period, I know I'll feel better if I break some glass and put it in my shoes and walk around suffering for a few days.....
Even though I feel guilty, this doesn't mean I can't handcuff myself to my husband next time he is in the hospital so I don't ever miss another doctor's visit, and I can wear this catheter so I don't even have to leave his room to pee.....
After tapping on these two statements, she had a major physiologic shift, starting having deep sighing breaths, and realized how she'd been beating herself up all this time for something she really had no control over. Clearly, as Gary says, the reframes wouldn't have worked unless we first decreased the intensity with tapping.
After this 10 minute EFT session in the middle of a busy medical clinic, the patient had her bladder filled with water, her catheter removed, and she voided just fine. And I saw her back today, 5 days later, and she is still urinating just fine, and emptying her bladder completely. Its difficult to say whether her problem was in her mind, or in her body, or both; or perhaps we cannot separate the two at all, ever......
Eric Robins, MD
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.