- Official EFT Tutorial
- Before You Begin
- PART I For Everyone: The EFT Tapping Basics
- Using EFT Tapping For Yourself
- Using EFT Tapping Professionally
- What is EFT? - Theory, Science and Uses
- How to do the EFT Tapping Basics - The Basic Recipe
- The EFT Constricted Breathing Technique
- Are You Satisfied With 20% of EFT's Tapping Possibilities?
- Strategies for Getting Started: Pain, Personal Peace, Physical Disease and More
- The Pros and Perils of EFT Tapping Scripts
- What can I expect from EFT Tapping?
- PART II For Everyone: Getting to the Roots of Your EFT Issues
- Intro to Part II
- Finding Aspects within the EFT Tapping Process
- Intro to Being Specific With EFT Tapping
- Testing Your EFT Tapping Work - The Triad
- Uncovering Specific Events - An Essential Concept Within the EFT Tapping Process
- The EFT Tell the Story Technique - The Workhorse Tapping Method
- What Should I Say During the EFT Tapping Process?
- The EFT Generalization Effect - A Big Step Toward Tapping Efficiency
- The EFT Personal Peace Procedure
- When to Use Global Approaches in the EFT Tapping Process
- The EFT Tapping Success Strategy
- PART III - Advanced: Additional Tapping Tools & Refinements
- Intro to Part III
- The EFT Movie Technique - A Useful Tapping Tool
- The EFT Tearless Trauma Technique
- Chasing the Pain - Deeper EFT Relief
- Cognitive Shifts - Belief Changes Within EFT
- Common EFT Challenges
- Emphasizing the Words - More Tapping Power When Needed
- Advanced Testing Techniques
- Testing The Tabletop
- Before You Move On To Deeper EFT Tapping Work...
- PART IV - Advanced: Tapping Deeper Into Emotional Issues
- PART V - Advanced: Polishing the Process & Expanding the Language
- EFT Bonus Articles
PART II For Everyone: Getting to the Roots of Your EFT Issues
Aim EFT At a Few Related Specific Events And Bring Tapping Relief to Them All
We touched on this concept in the previous article on Specific Events - An Essential Concept Within the EFT Process but it's important enough to merit its own article.
Understanding the concept of Tabletops/Table Legs and working with Specific Events might lead you to the conclusion that you have to address every Aspect of every single Specific Event in your past to get relief with EFT, and that can seem overwhelming. Actually, that is not the case.
Often the various Specific Events (or Table Legs under the Table Top) have some common themes among them so using Tapping to remove one leg has an effect on the remaining ones in that theme. For example, a fairly normal childhood might include a parent with high standards and the small events therein might add up to a limiting belief like “I’ll never get it right.” Those events tend to involve similar people, similar locations, similar messages, and similar emotional responses.
Accordingly, once we eliminate the intensity for 5, 10 or 20 of these similar Specific Events, there is enough commonality among them to generalize relief over all the rest. Eventually you reach a point where it is difficult to find any more events that hold intensity, and you will notice that your Tabletop issue doesn’t seem to have a grip on you anymore.
The video below gives you more perspective on this idea.
It is a common misunderstanding that by separating an issue into its parts and addressing every single one, you will be taking the long road to relief. As a result, taking a more global approach and combining a handful of events or issues in each round of The EFT Tapping Basic Recipe might seem like a shortcut. This is erroneous and one of the main reasons many souls end up in The EFT Silent Sea of disappointed people
Almost all of the EFT Tapping Spin-Offs that can be seen online are based on this “resolve it all at once” philosophy and it is really easy to assume that faster results can be found this way. On the contrary, if you continue with the specific approach we are teaching here, the Generalization Effect will kick in and move you along much faster in the long run than the short cuts, Tapping scripts and brief youtube videos that are promoted on the internet. In addition, the Table Legs you remove will generally be gone for good, Tabletops can collapse completely, and by working with measurable units, you can test your results as you go and keep track of your own progress. We will discuss this further with the Personal Peace Procedure…next!
In this article you learned more about the benefits of the Generalization Effect.
- The Table Legs under one Tabletop are usually related in some way.
- Working on a few of the Table Legs will often have enough effect on the rest to collapse the Tabletop.
- A common EFT misunderstanding is that combining events or issues will help clear them all faster.
- On the contrary, maintaining a specific approach will access the Generalization Effect much more quickly.
Copyright Gary and Tina Craig
All Rights Reserved