- Articles & Ideas
- Being Specific
- EFT for the Soul - global versus specific approaches
- How to collapse multiple SPECIFIC EVENTS in one Borrowing Benefits session
- EFT for a bashful bladder - a beautiful example of going for SPECIFIC EVENTS
- Ann Adams on BEING SPECIFIC
- Using NLP to Chunk Down for specifics in an EFT session
- The importance of being specific in the EFT Setup Phrase
- Find Early Specific Events
- How to apply EFT when there are no clear, specific memories to tap on
- Tapping on specific events without knowing what they are
- What to do when you can't find your own specific events or issues
- Two cases: (1) Being Specific and (2) Being General
- What to do in the hospital
- A surrogate EFT Teddy Bear became a special friend for a housebound woman
- Responses to questions on surrogate muscle testing
- Simple uses of Surrogate EFT during every day conversations
- Surrogate tapping stops serious nose bleed
- Surrogate EFT -- "The pain is leaving now through my fingertips."
- Surrogate EFT substantially aids incontinence, anger, dementia and hearing loss.
- Skeptic of surrogate EFT becomes a believer
- A followup after a surrogate session in Albuquerque--Betsy's impressive results
- A touching story: Easing Mary's death through surrogate EFT
- How to do Intentional (or Surrogate) EFT--a 4 Part Series
- Using surrogate EFT for easing a courtroom testimony
- After trying a different approach for Surrogate EFT, a crying baby quiets down
- Successful Surrogate EFT for Seizures
- Breathing problems, surrogate tapping, depression and Try it on Everything
- Surrogate tapping on an "Entity"
- Some thoughts about surrogate (remote) EFT
- Resolving a family fight with surrogate EFT
- Surrogate EFT relieves baby
- Surrogate tapping for terrorists
- Surrogate EFT Taken Another Step - Clearing Ancestral (Foundational) Issues
- Surrogate tapping and collarbone breathing
- Helping Helpers: Using Surrogate EFT for Emergencies
- "Seeing" disrupted energy enhances mental (surrogate) tapping
- Solid motivation to use Surrogate EFT
- Surrogate EFT for Chronic Pulmonary Obstruction Disorder
- Surrogate/distance tapping for Cassie the dog
- Successful surrogate tapping for schizophrenic son
- Surrogate EFT to help patients going through medical procedures
- Surrogate EFT arrests a grand mal seizure
- Beth's Stalker Problem Resolved with Surrogate EFT
- Gwyneth Moss's Imagineering Technique for Endometriosis
- The "Tap while you Gripe" Technique
- The EFT Imagineering Technique
- Refusal Tapping Technique
- The "Turbo-Tapping" Technique
- The Bundling Movie Technique for gently addressing long term abuse cases
- Behind the Scenes of the Movie Technique
- The Volcano Technique
- The Movie Technique for kinesthetic learners
- Living your Dreams with The Hero Technique
- For procrastination: The "Feel the Feeling" Technique
- Creative Uses of The EFT Movie Technique
- The benefits of describing EFT as a relaxation technique
- The Gratitude Diet - A Thanksgiving Technique
- Time and Reframing: An Easy Technique that Generates Fast Results
- Turning the Movie Technique into a cartoon helps with Dysautonomia episode
- Discovering "core scenes"
- A short version of the Collar Bone Breathing Technique
- Stepping back from the movie in the EFT Movie Technique
- Doing the EFT Constricted Breathing Technique a few times a day increased Paul
- The "Let it be Easy" Technique
- EFT and the Double Bubble technique: Or how to successfully deal with chronic issues!
- Variations on EFT's Movie Technique
- Doing the EFT Movie Technique in slow motion -- getting to important and otherwise hidden aspects
- The Stepping into Neutral Technique
- Everyday EFT to Create a Fabulous Life--The Emotional Joy Technique
- The Argument Tapping Technique
- Using the EFT setup statement as a a pledge
- Dr. Carol Look discusses the importance of testing in EFT
- The advantages of using the 9 Gamut Procedure
- EFT to clear chakras and increase vibration
- Testing your EFT work - The
- Adding muscle testing to EFT
- Effectively using "What if" in the EFT Setup Phrase
- A creative way to develop EFT Setup statements
- Gwyneth Moss on Reality Testing
- The Alternate Phrase Technique--tapping on both sides of a conflict.
- Ideas on Muscle Testing, EFT and Developing Intuition
- Why do we use negatives in the EFT setup statement?
- How do I choose the phrases to use while doing EFT?
- Soft language to ease The EFT Set-Up Phrases
- Ideas for enhancing the standard EFT Setup
- How Do You Know What To Say For an EFT Setup Phrase?
- A New Way to Use the
- A useful EFT phrase--"Reclaiming" all our possibilities
- Using "It's In Here" in the EFT Setup phrase
- Testing our work and personal radiation
- Useful ways to expand the EFT Set-up Phrase
- Jarrod Bailey from Australia experiments with EFT Setup Phrases and explains his findings
- Touch And Breathe--TAB Paper
- Using the 9 Gamut Procedure when emotion gets "stuck in the right brain"
- Injecting "want to" into the EFT Setup language
- EFT Imagineering cleared lungs and improved breathing
- The role of self-punishment in Dis-ease
- Steve Wells series on EFT and Self-Acceptance--Part 1 of 4--(subsequent parts given below)
- EFT improves self esteem
- Rue Hass on "I deeply and completely accept myself"
- EFT As a Conversation With Yourself
- Self acceptance without judgment
- A Complex Case - Doubts and Self-empowerment - The Return of Hair and more
- Julie Howard uses EFT for being hard on herself
- Surrogate EFT for Yourself
- Self Image: An insightful look at the "Writings on our Walls"
- EFT for Self Confidence
- EFT for the lingering effects of a brain tumor from 12 years before
- Mary Hunt on Intuition: Getting yourself out of the way.
- Thoughts on Surrogate EFT and "getting yourself out of the way"
- Frances Songhurst finally gets a rapid result for herself
- Developing self compassion with persistent EFT
- The 3-2-1 process: untangling yourself from others
- Freeing our "Critical Mind" into Self Acceptance with EFT
- Using "I love THAT about myself" in the EFT process
- Tapping on one's self talk--a great idea for collapsing our "inner critic"
- EFT helps a man look people in the eye
- Karen's thoughts on self forgiveness
- Self sabotage-healing the parts that don
- EFT gives relief to a self-cutter by first finding emotional causes
- Anja shares her self-healing process
- Getting the most out of self-help books with EFT
- Billy McCombie self applies EFT for an impressive list of benefits
- S-L-O-W EFT for self help on broad issues
- Give Yourself a Gift by Creating an EFT Journal
- Resolving childhood issues with EFT increases compassion for self
- Tapping for negative self-talk - "I am unable to step out of it"
- Paradoxes in validating one's Self
- When self acceptance becomes a problem...
- EFT for relief from feeling responsible for everyone else before taking care of self
- What to do when your client is beset by an "evil monster"
- Using EFT to create positive self beliefs for a client who deems herself "not good enough"
- 4 Part Series on Helping Clients with their 0-10 Accuracy
- Surrogate EFT brings calming effect to Schizophrenic client
- The Many Factors Affecting Client Motivation and Follow Through
- If the client starts shaking...
- If your client believes that the world is run by a red elephant....
- How do I use EFT for the client who has many, many, many severe issues?
- Listening to this client's words led to a surprising core issue
- Successful Surrogate EFT for a Cerebral Palsy client
- Profuse bleeding stops even though client was on Coumadin (blood thinner)
- Shaking Off Negative Client Energies Between Sessions
- Adding EFT to conventional talk therapy
- EFT aids an "energy sensitive" client
- Criminal defense attorney uses EFT to help innocent client during cross-examination
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola -- Part 2 of 7
- EFT and Time Line Therapy helps 92 year old man live in the now
- When should you consult an EFT Practitioner?
- The Apex Effect -- client cannot even remember the details of her former problem
- Dr. Patricia Carrington's use of "Choices" in the EFT Setup Phrase
- Rebecca Marina's 10 steps to building a prosperous EFT practice
- When The Client Wishes To Maintain Privacy
- An answer as to why some clients do not tap even when they know EFT will help them?
- Two successes where the client surrogate taps for other people--everyone benefits
- Tips to consider when you have had "incomplete success" with an EFT client
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola Part 3
- Do you attract clients that want everything for free?
- Kinetic tremor disappears as Turkish MD addresses client's emotional issues
- 7 Step pre-tapping checklist for client work
- When the client won't speak about the issue
- Helping clients by using "Meta Programs"
- EFT Successfully Collapses Childhood Beliefs About Food -- Client Stops Overeating
- Enhancing the life of Burak -- a Down Syndrome client
- Using EFT for the client who feels bad about herself
- 8 tips for building your EFT practice with email newsletters
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola -- Part 4 of 7
- EFT Clients!
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola -- Part 5 of 7
- Improving results with dissociated clients
- What Questions Should You Ask When Seeking An EFT Practitioner?
- Thoughts on following your EFT intuition with clients
- EFT from a CLIENT'S POINT OF VIEW
- Hair dresser helps client raise her arm - The salon clients cheered
- How to search for an EFT Practitioner
- The client who is "Never Good Enough" and The Brick Wall Technique
- Doing EFT for the client that is afraid to get started
- How this therapist uses Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and EFT together
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola -- Part 6 of 7
- Tips for when clients have difficulty accessing their feelings
- EFT Speeds Rehabilitation and Physical Therapy: Irene Mitchell Update
- How To Tell In Advance Whether An EFT Practitioner Has Sufficient Skill in EFT
- How to use EFT when the client won't reveal the issue
- Dr. Pat Carrington's "EFT At Work In A Hospital" Series
- Client has Somatic Release that involved shaking in a seizure-like fashion
- How to Build Your EFT Practice by Leveraging Your Biggest Resource
- Physical therapy like it should be--dramatic improvements in a rehab center
- When clients get overwhelmed or frustrated with EFT
- When clients can
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola -- Part 7 of 7
- The Emotional Scale in EFT Practice
- Is Your Chosen EFT Practitioner Really Helping You?
- Some thoughts about doing EFT with multilingual clients
- Curtis Steele, MD shares his thoughts and experiences using EFT in a psychiatric practice
- Good reasons for using an EFT Practitioner
- Ingrid Dinter's Box Technique for helping a client wind down when time is running out in a session
- EFT used to calm down a client during a severe seizure episode
- Working through the pain and fear in the midst of divorce
- EFT'er encourages clients to find their favorite EFT points
- Conversations with Dr. Mercola - Part 1 of 7
- EFT with a schizophrenic client
- A detailed EFT oriented session via email for a client with serious issues
- The Pros and Cons of EFT Telephone Therapy
- Did EFT help Gayla's client reduce the blockage in his arteries?
- What stops clients from pursuing their dreams?
- Surrogate EFT used to calm down a bi-polar client
- Why see an EFT practitioner?
- Fitting EFT within the client's belief system
- Limiting beliefs may limit your EFT practice
- Making A Great Impression With Your New EFT Client
- Core Issues
- Finding core issues when someone is emotionally flat lining
- The core issue behind Carl's inability to "perform"
- Collapsing the core issues of procrastination with EFT
- A classic case for finding a core issue
- Why Cathy didn't enjoy Christmas--an embarrassing core event
- Using Tail Enders to find core issues
- A clever method for finding core issues
- Obsession with having affairs ends after finding the core issue
- Two examples where core issues show up during an EFT session
- A Useful Way To Find Core Issues In The EFT Process
- Ilana Weiler uses the 7 Whys method for getting to core issues
- MD resolves arm weakness problem by relieving an emotional core issue
- The "Audio Technique" for getting to core issues
- A clever way to find core issues
- A surprising core issue behind business call reluctance
- Using the Palace of Possibilities to uncover core issues
- Blending Redecision Therapy with EFT--a creative way to uncover core issues
- Iris finds her own core issue
- Eliminating Hot Flashes With EFT Tapping -- Surprising Core Issues
- Tracing core issues back to the birth process
- The "7 Whys" method for getting to core issues
- When "insignificant" childhood events are the real core issues
- An Impressive Search For EFT Core Issues -- Asking The Right Questions
- A self questioning method for getting to your core issues
- An extraordinary account of tapping on a prenatal core issue -- or how to change a life in moments
- In Search Of An Elusive EFT Core Issue
- Finding An EFT Core Issue -- "But What Did He Give You?"
- Barbara shares an insightful way to find core issues
- An excellent question to help find core issues
- Finding and Dealing with Core Events
- How watching the EFT DVDs helped a nausea case
- Quality advice for EFT Newbies
- A newbie with 6 rounds of EFT eliminates her bladder infection pain
- EFT newbie successfully surrogates for her dying plant
- A newbie dropped pounds at a time she usually gained
- Two Newcomer EFT Tapping Successes: Fainting And Shyness
- Relative Newbie's First Major Tapping Toe Stub - Foot Pain Issue
- Newbie quiets her daughter
- Doing EFT for a newcomer without having to explain it
- Easy and Effective EFT for Newcomers
- Newbie has great results with persistent hiccoughs!
- EFT Newcomer Helps Her Daughter Relieve Constipation
- Borrowing Benefits newcomer details impressive success
- Using EFT
- Using EFT for racial prejudice
- Lifelong car sickness disappears--but only after using EFT on the real issue
- Using EFT to bring us back into balance during challenging situations
- Using EFT for a clogged ear
- Follow up on "Using EFT to avert an amputation"
- Using EFT for Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Using EFT for changing habits and more
- Using EFT in singing lessons
- Using EFT to Enhance Bedroom Romance
- Using EFT to find (and collapse) a limiting belief
- Using EFT for mother issues
- Using EFT for Plantar Fasciitis
- Using EFT with a Survivor of Domestic Violence
- Using EFT to better enjoy certain foods and expand sensory experience
- Using EFT for forgiveness
- Using EFT with A Course in Miracles teachings
- Using EFT when a specific word triggers you
- Using EFT to support the In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) process
- Using EFT to regain Laurence's sense of taste.
- Big benefits from using EFT on an "irrelevant memory"
- Tips and strategies for using EFT with Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Using EFT to reduce our judgment of others
- Using EFT in the Emergency Room: Raging bladder infection subsides
- Q & A Series on using EFT
- Using EFT to start the day
- Passing a driving test using EFT - a case with many aspects
- Using EFT for your Biggest Problem
- Ideas for those using EFT to further their own personal development
- Using EFT on imaginary parts
- Classic case of using EFT for the child within
- Using EFT for Dreamwork
- Using EFT for Marathon Training and difficult things to do
- Using EFT with massage
- Using EFT within a unique form of meditation
- Using EFT for a stroke and other issues -- In praise of the 9-gamut procedure
- Using EFT to eliminate recurring dreams
- Using EFT for Self-Doubt
- Using EFT to say Good-Bye to a dying person
- Using EFT to release "the decision to be miserable"
- Using EFT for the Inner Child
- Using EFT with a dementia patient: A touching story
- Using EFT over the phone
- Using EFT for bothersome noises
- Using EFT to easily learn another language
- Benefits of using EFT in a cardiac group
- Tapping on TREEs -- a metaphor for using EFT
- Using EFT for the "Grey Life Syndrome"
- Using EFT to resolve issues in your dreams
- Using EFT to build emotional strength in overwhelming circumstances
- Using EFT for Menopause, Hot flashes and Chills
- Using EFT for Scleroderma
- Using EFT for preventing illness
- Using EFT for Self-Confidence in a specific area
- Using EFT for overcoming procrastination
- Personal Pleasure Procedure - Using EFT to improve your romantic life
- Using EFT for a double ankle sprain
- Using EFT for Abundance releases limiting beliefs
- Using EFT to rejuvenate a withered plant
- Using EFT for Procrastination
- Marielle discovers a lifetime core issue while using EFT for a bad cough
- Using EFT for the side effects of Medications
- Using EFT for feeling like a failure
- Using EFT for cerebral palsy
- Using EFT for emphysema
- Using EFT to increase blood platelet count--an article with far reaching implications
- Using EFT for old and frail people
- Easy stress reducer using EFT with statements like, "The world is conspiring in my favor"
- 11 year old girl finds lost cell phone using EFT
- Using EFT for our illiterate and semi-literate brothers and sisters
- Using EFT for struggling students with ADD
- Using EFT to Trade the Market
- A successful case of using EFT for candida yeast infections
- Persistence worked when using EFT at the first signs of a cold
- Using EFT to advance your business
- Using EFT for world crises
- Using EFT for clearing poltergeist energy
- After using EFT, Paul's 84 year old mum recovered very quickly from a surgical operation
- Using EFT for a choking emergency
- Using EFT to neutralize "family differences"
- Using EFT to release the pain of saying goodbye
- Using EFT for clearing clutter and organizing your life
- Using EFT for Poison Ivy
- Using EFT over the phone for on-the-spot issues
- Thoughts on using EFT for procrastination
- Using EFT for "Everything is my fault!"
- A guy thing: Tips on using EFT for male ED
- Using EFT for Tachycardia
- Using EFT for Chemotherapy symptoms
- An encouraging example of using EFT for Crohn's Disease
- Using EFT for an ailing pony
- Using EFT for wrinkles - An alternative to Botox?
- Using EFT to overcome the resistance to exercise
- Using EFT while you are in an argument
- Using EFT for Chronic Problems
- Heaviness in both legs disappears after using EFT on "These Growing Pains"
- Some thoughts on using EFT for personal peace
- Using EFT for the Holidays
- Using EFT from pre-birth to the present
- Using EFT to enhance persuasion skills
- Using EFT with our "internal parents"
- Using EFT for spiritual issues
- Using EFT to Create
- Success by using EFT while reading our Newsletter articles
- A subtle, yet powerful self-image benefit from using EFT
- Suggestions for using EFT with a Mother
- Using EFT for Alzheimer's disease
- Many benefits in 3 months using EFT's Personal Peace Procedure
- Using EFT for Muscular Dystrophy
- Some tips when using EFT by yourself
- Using EFT to bring up core memories
- Using EFT for Herpes
- Using EFT on Asperger
- How to Handle Self Sabotage by Using EFT
- Using EFT for Premature Ejaculation
- Using EFT with computers, web-cameras and microphones
- Using EFT to cut "energetic cords" of attachment to people
- Using EFT for Goal Setting
- Using EFT for motivation to exercise
- Using EFT to avoid tears while chopping onions
- Using EFT to reclaim our personal power
- Using EFT for inanimate objects may point to your own issues
- Using EFT to avert an amputation
- A method for using EFT regarding the "difficult people" in your life.
- Using EFT to relieve a cold sore (Herpes HSV-1)
- Using EFT to learn foreign language pronunciation
- Specific couple techniques using EFT
- Using EFT for Jet Lag--even with 4 time changes
- Using EFT to manifest your goal more easily
- Using EFT with a Skeptic
- A quality look at "The Apex Effect"
- Psychiatrist relieves sexual exhibitionism with EFT--4 year follow-up
- EFT for disliking someone shifts resentments to acceptance -- a major result
- Tap and be rich
- Combining EFT with Dialoguing for impressive results
- Did Karen
- EFT for those who grind their teeth
- Healing the wounded Inner Child with EFT
- EFT after a horrible nightmare
- 25 Ways to be a Fantastic Therapist
- Knocking down the negative walls to let the garden grow - a tale of fertility
- Using movies to enhance and test our work.
- When Your Intensity Level Goes UP Instead Of Down With EFT
- Combining EFT with Timelines
- 10 minutes of EFT put 10 years of Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS) to rest
- EFT stops a blood blister from forming
- Taking the edge off intense emotions--Putting them in a box and tapping on them
- EFT helps relieve blushing
- Tapping with good photos and bad photos
- Quickie pain relief--A "one point wonder".
- Improving the ability to laugh with EFT
- Helping mother and her unborn baby with EFT
- A tapping song
- EFT on autopilot
- EFT resolves limiting childhood beliefs
- A short woman no longer feels intimidated around tall people after one EFT session
- Tapping along with a prayer
- Rapid Relief for Herpes
- Peak Performance Series
- A solid "Doing Business with EFT" idea from Rebecca Marina
- Emphatic EFT dramatically shifts many things--use this on stubborn issues
- EFT for eliminating barriers to our psychic abilities (and intuition)
- Using onomatopoeias with EFT
- Daily EFT creates calm under explosive family circumstances
- Roxy gets multiple "Bedroom O's" with EFT
- EFT assists conception
- EFT for severe cerebral palsy
- Using Role Playing With EFT
- Rue Hass blends EFT with the wisdom of
- MD uses EFT for a demented woman
- A woman with scoliosis finds balance with EFT - follow-up included
- EFT and Ho'oponopono
- Blood improves after a few minutes of EFT
- Thoughts on mental tapping and reframing
- Tapping back your sense of taste when you have a cold or flu
- Feeling and observing emotions
- EFT engages inner child to relieve indigestion (dyspepsia).
- Eric no longer hears voices
- EFT assists Polio patient
- EFT for eliminating hiccups changes a skeptic
- EFT eases nausea
- EFT is helpful when you are afraid to speak up in bed
- Gayle Waxon learns to stop her own epileptic seizures with EFT
- How racism can lead to health problems and what to do about it
- Does language matter when doing EFT?
- EFT helps a Premature Ejaculation (PE) problem
- Using the term "somehow..." within the EFT process
- Laura Orchard uses EFT during a dream
- Blending EFT with Homeopathy
- Bedroom frustration resolved - including follow-ups
- Suzanne Lerner gives her thoughts on diagnosis
- Building confidence and releasing the inner critic
- More successful cases from Dr. Eric Robins
- Can EFT tele-classes cause problems for some participants?
- EFT approaches for "Loose Ligaments" that can apply to countless other issues
- Asking good questions to elicit tappable issues
- EFT for elderly people who stuff their feelings
- EFT with hypnosis provides long term benefits for abandonment issue
- Have you noticed the important feedback you get while doing EFT?
- Leslie Anne Lackman successfully uses humor and takes aim at neuropeptides
- The "Gratitude for My Mistakes" method
- Professional writer uses EFT to overcome writer's block
- Relief for Bashful Bladder
- EFT helps a bullied woman stay at her job
- When Positive is Negative - Accepting Your Light
- Talking to Christians About EFT
- Tapping through a beginning seizure
- Warming up to "cold calls" with EFT
- An interesting way to do EFT in a group
- EFT for discomfort with networking - an interesting solution
- The Value of Matching and Pacing Belief Systems in Group Training
- Do you have difficulty receiving positive feelings from others?
- A Conversation With Your Body
- EFT provides benefits using Future Tapping
- A New Moment in Science -- useful EFT article for distribution
- What the Bleep do We Know about EFT?
- Curse words aid the clearing of emotional issues
- The Human Brain and Law of Attraction: Optimizing Brain Function with EFT
- Try a motivational Power Hour to improve your business
- Let it be easy
- Teresa Knezek treats her own Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) -- including a 3 year followup
- Banishing the Barriers to having a thriving EFT business
- Raising your metabolism with EFT
- How to handle emotions about the cheating spouse
- When EFT gives only temporary results
- Cascade tapping
- EFT turned Masha into a runner - an interesting side effect
- 200 people watch as EFT improves Range of Motion for a Nurse's arm
- Blending NLP with EFT
- More thoughts about stopping colds with EFT
- An MD successfully uses EFT on a Hiatal Hernia and Candidiasis
- Technical article: Influencing peptides with EFT
- Can You Influence Another Person To Use EFT If They Are Reluctant To Do So?
- EFT for faulty beliefs
- EFT and Reframing using Counter-Examples
- What do you do for friends who incessantly bend your ear while venting their problems?
- Katie's posture and her many emotional issues
- EFT for people who go blank when asked to speak
- When conflicting beliefs keep us stuck
- EFT for sciatica and a 6 year old wounded thumb
- Rehana Webster teaches the details behind a successful blushing case
- EFT helps a young musician stop shaking
- Resentment gets in the way of abundance
- Tapping with a poem as inspiration
- EFT helps a boy who has many health challenges
- Barb St. Dennis had severe Hepatitis C but now has completely normal blood tests
- Using a metaphor to handle stubborn emotional issues
- Treating negative beliefs with EFT
- Who do YOU think you are?
- An EFT method for installing new behaviors
- Two ways to use EFT for Restless Leg Syndrome
- Did EFT cure Lupus?
- Insights on Borrowing Benefits with EFT
- Hearing the energy shift while doing EFT
- A clever combination of tapping and visualization
- Changing a man's life with EFT--including pain, emotions and bedroom romance
- Introducing EFT to kids by way of their "magic fingers"
- EFT in the snow -- creating comfort in the cold
- EFT for Celiac disease -- no symptoms for 4 months and counting
- Stopping the flu in its early stages
- EFT and "being the bee"
- "How do I get really good at EFT?"
- EFT helps a serious infection - the redness subsides before their eyes
- EFT for the mental game of poker
- Methods for getting to deep issues, even in a group setting
- Using silent tapping in cases where speaking out loud is too loony
- Taking "The Secret" for a walk with EFT
- Removing the blocks to your goals with EFT
- Manifesting the life of your dreams with EFT
- Can EFT be used to manifest what you want in your life?
- Inner Child Expert uses EFT for her own healing
- Symptoms quickly fade for a child with a Bi-Polar Diagnosis
- How a physician uses EFT
- EFT for Boredom and Loneliness
- Low Libido is not always as simple as it appears
- Facial paralysis clears in one
- EFT's Borrowing Benefits collapses 36 issues in 2.5 hours
- EFT for the complexities of a single, dating life
- Problems that are difficult to assess in the here and now. (Several responses follow)
- Dawson Church successfully applies EFT for his episode of gout
- A tapping tip to lighten the load
- Persistent, quality EFT adds 5 inches to Gillian's bust line
- Taking EFT into the Corporate Market
- Did EFT keep Wayne from getting more grey hair?
- Expanding Your Comfort Zones: The key to your success
- Resolving nightmares...and more
- Aiming EFT at the FUTURE
- A journey through an important piece of our "newthink."
- Addressing the "Why Bother?" syndrome
- Creating a happy future
- How to have a happy day
- An experiment on how EFT statements affect our bodies
- Three possible reframes for people struggling with sadness
- Borrowing Benefits gets impressive results on TV
- Did Erika
- Re-evaluating the Apex problem
- Tap while listening to music that makes you cry
- Handling vertigo symptoms over the phone
- EFT helps calm an autistic boy after he accidentally hurt his mother
- Untangling two events with EFT leads to business freedom
- Louise's skeptical dad warmed up to EFT
- Tapping for the United Nations
- EFT helps with repulsed feelings about unwanted advances
- 3 Items and some Holiday advice
- Phobia relief on TV in the UK
- EFT appears favorably in a German TV sitcom
- Gwyneth Moss discusses Support for Therapists
- Collapsing a lifelong belief that her mother had tried to harm her in the womb
- Food stuck in the throat goes down easily after EFT
- How do you do EFT to fit a time slot?
- In Praise of Continual Tapping
- Clearing clutter for clarity and confidence
- Scientific evolution of EFT from TFT
- "God Tapping"
- Does EFT compete with God?
- Loving your feminine body
- Having trouble "letting go" in the bedroom
- Getting EFT Blocks and Barriers out of the way - a list of questions
- EFT fixes car to pass inspection
- Ted Robinson's tips for doing Borrowing Benefits groups
- Visualizing and tapping on limiting beliefs
- Ann Adams on getting EFT accepted by Institutions
- Eliminating shingles pain in 1/2 hour
- Why People Sometimes Have Negative Feelings After Doing EFT
- Tapping while traveling can improve your mood
- EFT calms elderly woman
- For the skeptics--Is EFT a placebo?
- How to Get Into Businesses and Organizations By Getting Welcomed Through the Back Door
- Marie's "molestation secret"
- EFT on the move -- for busy people
- EFT for Speech Loss following a Stroke
- A very useful method for getting to important issues
- Discovering the cause of humming in the ears
- EFT for an aversion to stuff that disgusts you
- Karen helped her father recover the use of his fingers after a stroke
- EFT for feeling overly responsible
- Tell your friends, there is, at last, a cure for the common cold!
- Positively adjusting the perceptions of others with EFT
- A clever combo of EFT and Essences
- Paralysis finally overcome after everything else failed
- An important case on aspects--Martin's learning challenge
- EFT relieves "incurable" Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS)
- Mary Pellicer, MD, on Intuitive Diagnosis
- EFT provides instant relief for Poison Ivy itching
- Quieting down an elderly stroke victim in a nursing home
- Three Keys to EFT Mastery
- Painful mastitis clears after EFT
- How to get non-profit organizations to host EFT group meetings--and pay you as well
- Borrowing Benefits in the Criminal Justice System
- A creative approach to psychological reversal
- The "proper words" to use for the EFT Set-up Statement
- EFT as a morning eye-opener
- Borrowing Benefits hastens the healing of mystery thumb sores
- EFT for night time trips to the bathroom--including follow-up
- EFT for resistance to doing EFT
- "I have to lie constantly to live my life as I know it"
- Further bridges to our history
- Stress and Me and EFT
- Gratitude and Coach Ben Hammerschmidt
- EFT and Nightmares
- A successful use of EFT for Hasimoto
- Five extreme behavior patterns related to organizing and how to address them with EFT
- Your Vibration Always Comes First
- EFT and future pacing
- EFT for people who are sensitive
- Breaking habits
- EFT for painful cramping
- Relaxing a dying man
- WHO AM I NOW??? How Identity Issues Block Abundance
- We are babes crawling on the floor of the Universe
- Kelly Meisak uses a unique approach for her ADD prone brother
- This lady had not been out of her house for two years because she suffered from chronic burping
- Reiki Master uses EFT in the Republic of Mauritius
- Creating a remarkable bridge to our former history
- Carol Look Shows us How to Release Procrastination with EFT
- Helpful hints for the Holidays.
- EFT and visible changes in physical appearance
- EFT assists young boy in taking his Ringworm medicine
- EFT works for cellulitis on 3 separate occasions
- Connecting to our Birthright of Fertility
- How to tap into the
- Susan de Tarr eliminates her 54 year old motion sickness in 10 minutes
- Tapping for being "able, willing and worthy" may help boost EFT results
- How to convince an entire audience about EFT
- Creating positive affirmations with EFT and your senses
- Psychiatrist relieves sexual exhibitionism with EFT--4 year follow-up
- EFT for painful menopause symptoms
- Emotion and Perception: EFT makes it a two way street
- An interesting EFT approach for getting beyond "glass ceilings"
- EFT using teddy bears
- Victoria's 10-day EFT blood pressure experiment results
- EFT and The Law of Attraction - A Perfect Match
- Tapping with tunes
- Do you have emotional difficulty with the standard EFT phrasing?
- Jewels in the junkyard--the prison population
- EFT improves a mentally disabled young man
- Can You Do EFT With Eyes Closed?
- Not finding the right words for EFT is a block that can be overcome
- High blood pressure recedes - and remains normal a week later
- Deborah Miller beautifully reframes an assault issue into a new personal identity
- EFT on an inanimate object: The car that wouldn't start
- The many benefits of EFT circles--and how to do them
- Combining EFT with Humor
- Why does tapping on the side of the hand work?
- EFT helps remove "stuck ring"
- EFT for a numb face and tongue - instant relief for a skeptic
- Key Concepts in Mastering EFT
- Suzanne Zacharia finds the root causes of Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS)
- EFT to help heal fruit trees - a major new business waiting to happen?
- Mental Dental EFT - for the dentist and the patient
- Sneaking Up On The Problem When You Do EFT
- EFT enhances many things
- EFT for bladder control when on the road
- Silent Night Sadness -- when certain music gives you the blues
- Can we affect inanimate objects better with EFT? - Rebecca's engine light
- A humorous reply to an EFT skeptic
- EFT enhances math scores
- Praise for EFT from a Buddhist Monk
- EFT calms an autistic boy in school
- Cognitive Shifts (Belief Changes) That Work
- EFT: The Gift to Unwrap and Use before the Holidays!
- Another successful hiccoughs (hiccups) case
- Borrowing Benefits: My Jury has returned with a verdict
- Did EFT help relieve menopause symptoms?
- How to Identify and Correct Psychological Reversals
- EFT for addressing what happened in your day -- use it daily for solid long term benefits
- Dr. Carol Look's Top 10 Tapping Tips
- EFT for economic stress -- using "I prefer peace"
- A Psychologist in India uses EFT for suicide intervention
- Demonstrating EFT to a mental health support team
- How to remember your dreams with EFT
- New Uses for EFT
- EFT helps alleviate several issues associated with infidelity
- Using Galvanic Skin Response to validate EFT
- NLP procedures enhance anyone's delivery of EFT
- "Helpless to get what I want" - Using intuition to get at important issues
- MD writes article on Emotions, Energy, and Healing
- Tapping on "what didn
- An aneurism left a man's hand shaking, unable to write for 12 years.
- How to use EFT with your dreams to collapse important emotional issues
- How do I introduce EFT to skeptics? (Building Bridges to Believability)
- Resolving two bothersome tics with EFT
- Why do people resist EFT?
- Saying "goodbye" with the
- What would happen if this problem wasn't there any more?
- Tapping while responding to a nasty comment from the past
- EFT for looking forward instead of backwards
- How Do You Know You Are Benefiting From EFT Much As You Can?
- EFT and the taming of the tongue
- Gwyneth Moss on The Importance of Rehearsal in an EFT session
- How do you feel ABOUT your body having pain?
- Was this a negative reaction to EFT?
- Many benefits from tapping on a prayer
- Future tapping to get what you want
- How to get EFT into Schools
- EFT collapses seasickness and Rosa becomes the life of the party
- Wisdom from Mair Llewellyn regarding the "Writing on our Walls"
- What is your body trying to tell you?
- Incorporating EFT into Corporate Programs
- EFT -- a quality aid for Shingles
- EFT for past life issues
- Strong correlation found between EFT and Dr. Emoto's work with water
- EFT for Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD) and a host of other issues
- Prenatal EFT improves hemoglobin count with before and after test
- Getting to the real reason behind Janet's "bedroom inhibitions"
- Tapping on gratitude for EFT
- After EFT, Kay
- A procedure for dealing with the resistance to heal
- To Lead or Not to Lead...
- Looking waaay in the past for the cause of a physical symptom
- Overcoming a lifelong fruit revulsion and some side benefits
- One person
- EFT is effective despite language barriers
- Shingle symptoms gone in just two EFT sessions
- EFT and The Power of Reframing
- Two examples where working on one issue provides relief for another
- EFT and insights (cognitive change)
- Important EFT topic: Doing the best we can
- Giving more meaning to the 0-10 intensity rating
- Useful thoughts on integrating EFT within the military
- MD Applies EFT to Successfully Relieve Urethral Pain
- Eckhart Tolle
- Daily uses of EFT with A Course in Miracles (ACIM)
- EFT for helping a mother bond with her child
- How EFT unclogged my toilet
- The Inner Committee
- Why couldn't Jason make a simple decision?
- A New Way to Express Gratitude with EFT
- Resolving many impediments to a satisfactory "bedroom experience"
- Sometimes slowing down EFT can provide quality benefits
- MD uses EFT to clear many issues in 15 minutes
- A simple way to handle Shingles -- no drugs involved
- EFT for severe MSG reaction
- Finding the real issues behind what appeared to be a "Bedroom Romance" problem
- Clever use of EFT clears issues for baby, mother and grandmother - follow-up included
- Did Mary
- Borrowing Benefits from Sacramento to the United Kingdom
- Calming effects of EFT during an emergency on an airplane
- Quadriplegic feels "bubbles" during EFT session
- EFT brings benefits for leaky gut syndrome and ASD (a form of autism)
- When you are in traffic and REALLY have to pee....
- EFT clears nausea - but not in the expected way
- Stronger orgasms with EFT
- Persistence and EFT homework help a woman embrace her femininity
- A quality use of our Borrowing Benefits DVDs
- Some thoughts on secondary gains - and what to do about them
- Including the word
- EFT improves hearing by 25%
- Successful EFT without knowing the details
- Psychiatrist gets to the real reason his patient couldn't say "NO"
- An EFT Meditation
- Critical Questioning While Doing EFT
- MD uses EFT to treat Sjogren
- Many benefits from watching our EFT-Beyond the Basics DVDs
- Many successes doing
- Technical evidence of the link between emotional causes and physical ailments
- Jo Huntsman takes EFT into her own hands and has success with Lupus like symptoms
- Borrowing Benefits and an Acute Respiratory Disorder
- A metaphor for introducing EFT
- Attracting Abundance by Shifting Your Energy
- EFT in a plane for scary facial paralysis - a doctor on board said it was Bell
- EFT enhances the "Artist's Way" work
- Do we need to heal the past so that we can move into the future?
- Are you getting the most out of EFT?
- The benefits of tapping along with our DVDs--core memories uncovered
- Allowing EFT to come THROUGH you rather than BY you
- How to know when the healing is done
- Clearing past issues from the walls of our mind
- The ABC approach to EFT
- Ideas for winding up EFT sessions
- Metaphors, Humour and EFT
- Use EFT when you are afraid to speak up
- Finding the root of the problem
- Success via tapping on a two-sided conflict
- Thoughts on dealing with corporations
- Validating EFT with Neurofeedback
- MD provides secretary with "The Incredible Shrinking Hemorrhoids"
- Did EFT clear a 90% blocked artery?
- Lindsay Kenny answers Frequently Asked Questions about EFT
- After 9 years suffering with polycystic ovary syndrome, Jenn finds relief with EFT
- EFT for forgetting lines in a school play
- EFT for calming while being strapped down on a hospital gurney
- Acupuncturist uses EFT and eliminates her own shingles in three days
- For those who have difficulty telling left from right
- Marketing EFT as a business--Cultivating important Centers of Influence (COI)
- Learning, intelligence and "emotional static"
- Psychiatric Nurse gives pointers for dealing with severe emotional disorders
- Thoughts on an emergency tapping point
- The value of taking dead aim at the negatives
- Circumcision at the root of writer's block
- The Salesman who didn't want to cold call
- About Voice Technology...
- Try EFT on everything--even an oncoming fainting spell
- EFT and sex
- EFT helps an 8 year old with a concussion
- A "Hard to Swallow" case
- Am I a failure at EFT if there is no miracle?
- Healing the "Missing Mother Syndrome" with EFT
- Surprising insights than can occur while tapping
- Healing families with EFT - a historical approach
- A physicist speaks
- EFT for feeling unqualified to be successful
- EFT relieves a case of the Hiccups
- EFT for facing those who caused you pain
- Did EFT bring this man out of a coma?
- "It was impossible for the testicle to descend on its own."
- The Merits of Daily Tapping
- Is it safe to change?
- Processing your life's key words with EFT
- Brain dumping with EFT to get started on global issues
- EFT helps salesman double his sales
- An EFT Procrastination case
- Borrowing Benefits for a seemingly unrelated issue
- From a 38 B to a 38 D/DD while losing 20 pounds
- Questions on PR as well as possible dangers. (Other responses follow)
- Thoughts on Psychological Reversal from Rue Hass -- with an ADD example
- Tuning in to the problem
- Gratitude tapping
- EFT in Kenya
- Are you suppressing your EFT talents?
- EFT as a cure for boredom
- Improving intimate moments with EFT
- Dispersing 50 years worth of suppressed emotion
- A brief heat exhaustion case
- Messages from an oven
- How Dawn Norton used EFT to collapse her own "horror" issue
- Five-for-one benefits from an introductory EFT group
- Making EFT a routine
- Using "Inner Dialogues" with EFT
- EFT in Daily Life
- EFT relieves an unusual
- Cold Calling: "I'm a second-class citizen, and I have to keep my mouth shut!"
- How I grew my bustline with EFT
- It is your response that counts.
- An 8 year old boy with very strange eating habits finds a new menu with EFT
- Improve your success rate by asking the right questions
- Jeff Lipnick uses EFT to keep from blacking out
- EFT, ED and related bedroom issues
- Daily tapping lowers blood sugar
- Borrowing Benefits while watching The EFT Course
- Who do YOU think you are?
- Headache relief over the phone
- Claude improves his fishing
- Using humor with EFT
- How to handle a "vague feeling" with EFT
- Eight Easy Ways to Remember to Do EFT
- Tapping to improve your intuition
- The acute sinusitis case that wouldn't budge until....
- Interview with Gary regarding EFT and yeast problems
- It's never too late to clear useless childhood beliefs
- I simply could not dance with Gary!!
- EFT for the emotional aspects of a Cesarean Section
- This is simply priceless to a mother of a 16 year old
- Ten steps to changing your limiting responses to a falling economy
- A Useful Method for "Private Tapping"
- EFT for stammering
- Dr. Barr used EFT after cutting off the tip of his thumb
- Judi thinks that doing EFT for others helped her - winning in Las Vegas
- Borrowing Benefits with EFT improves communication at a committee meeting
- Thoughts about inheriting illness from our ancestors
- Twelve years of facial numbness eliminated with 2 rounds of EFT
- A Lesson in EFT Intuition--Letting it flow through you
- EFT brings relief for ALS
- How to tell others about EFT
- Some thoughts on when to use "I choose" vs. "I prefer"
- EFT for changing entrenched habits
- Experts point to dramatic changes in brain waves as a result of EFT
- Why do we sometimes avoid tapping?
- Resolving emotional causes for erectile dysfunction
- Continuous tapping resolves an intense abreaction
- EFT substantially aids swallowing problem
- Did 20 minutes of EFT straighten bones that had knitted improperly 50 years before?
- Methods for working with pain
- EFT and the right to be happy
- A common sense procedure for getting EFT results
- Releasing chaotic behavior through EFT
- EFT hat dance
- Deserving to live -- an intense memory resolved
- EFT helps with hair loss, facial blemishes, hay fever, smoking and PMS
- Expert gives us an inside look at Group EFT
- Baerbel Borrows Benefits in her own EFT group and dissolves her creative blocks
- When EFT Doesn't Seem to Work
- Motion sickness averted through "Chasing the Pain."
- More on EFT and Reframing by Tania Prince
- Consistent and Impressive results from EFT group work
- Gordon was in a psychiatric hospital for two years and was released two weeks after one EFT session
- How feelings in the body are related to emotional clearing
- EFT for the Inner Child
- A Useful Series on Borrowiing Benefits
- EFT for food poisoning
- EFT methods: Questions, One-Point-EFT and Mental EFT
- Two cases of doing EFT in public without looking silly
- Tapping via typing--email sessions
- Improving romantic openness and enjoyment with EFT
- EFT for Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD) - "You can't make me!"
- EFT brings beauty to a hospice setting
- EFT collapses competing thoughts and thus aids The Law of Attraction
- How to transform disappointment into gratitude
- EFT Question Tapping
- Helping a 97 year old man to die peacefully
- Successful EFT phone work makes major shifts for overwhelmed mother
- Thoughts on resolving difficult physical problems
- A unique way to expand EFT
- EFT removes a pesky "phantom itch"
- Tips for conducting intensive EFT sessions -- a several day case regarding Bulimia
- The Vibration of Abundance
- Create acceptance of your life with EFT
- MD uses EFT for common colds and canker sores
- Clearing a food aversion in 5 minutes
- Rhythm, Pulse & Percussion In Tapping Treatments
- What would appear to be the main issue may not be so
- A clever "Chasing the Pain" case
- How long should the flu last?
- EFT for making your voice stronger
- A new kind of mosquito relief?
- Try fork bending with EFT
- A clever approach to finding core memories
- An adventure within the Palace of Possibilities
- Injured toe gains relief using two important EFT concepts
- Sarah Jordan makes progress after realizing a childhood need
- Aiming EFT at our Future
- What to do when the "Bedroom Spark" goes out
- Tap on experiences that are stuck in parts of your body
- The young woman who kept quitting her jobs
- Acupuncturist gives his view of EFT and Classical Chinese Medical Aspects
- How to create empowering reframes (seeing things differently) with EFT
- Thoughts on EFT and Intention
- Praise for tapping along with the EFT DVDs
- EFT methods for "Smokers Lung" that apply to most chronic conditions
- EFT for a spider (and mosquito) bite
- Can EFT fix a computer?
- EFT helps Elaine learn the clarinet at 50
- Two stories to create a bridge between your audience and EFT
- Two cases: Putting on needed pounds with EFT & Holding water for an ultrasound
- Mom doing EFT for autistic son yields enormous changes in one month
- A touching story about Michael, his ailing aunt and EFT
- Letting intuition flow with EFT
- A lesson in "letting go"
- Can we learn to be grateful no matter what?
- Improve your EFT sessions by waking up your senses
- Severe lung congestion clears with persistent daily EFT
- Was prostate cancer really the cause of Sam's Low Libido?
- EFT for the Sensitive Person -- Awakening the Wild Pony Within
- Feeling woosy from Alcohol
- EFT helps release nervousness before an important meeting
- Erica gets a complete overhaul through EFT
- Impressive results with autism
- Being Specific
Table of Contents Help
The tabs on the right are shortcuts to where you have been:
- Previous Screen
- Previous Articles
- Previous Categories
- Start Page
- Hide Entire Menu
Swiping to the left will take you to the previous screen.
The folder icon indicates that more content is available. Click on the icon or the associated text, or swipe to the right to see the additional content.
How to do Intentional (or Surrogate) EFT--a 4 Part Series
Important Note: This article was written prior to 2010 and is now outdated. Please use my newest advancement, Optimal EFT. It is more efficient, more powerful and clearly explained in my free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™. Best wishes, Gary
Study this one well. Ryan Kurczak has developed many useful ways to successfully perform EFT remotely. This is sometimes called intentional or surrogate tapping and is the fascinating process of mentally doing EFT for another's benefit. Serious EFT students will find this 4 part series riveting. For those of you concerned about getting permission for this type of work I suggest you read my comments on this.
Part 1 of 4
First let me say since learning EFT I have nearly stopped practicing the techniques I'd learned earlier in my healing career, such as Reiki, CranioSacral Therapy and massage. I had never seen such rapid improvements in physical and mental health until I began implementing EFT as an adjunct to my other services. EFT quickly became my prime healing tool.
A few months after taking an EFT level 1 class I decided to try out the DVD courses and began to devour the knowledge presented in them, which greatly increased my delivery of the technique and success rates. After watching the "Steps Towards Becoming the Ultimate Therapist" DVDs I became enamored with the idea of applying EFT intentionally without tapping or making any outward movement.
The ability to facilitate healing from a distance was not a new concept to me, yet try as I might I just couldn't get the hang of how to do EFT without the physical movements of tapping either on myself or the client. After persistent experimentation I discovered a three stage process that allowed me to be able to practice EFT effectively, using only imagination and intention. The sessions recorded below illustrate the process for anyone looking for a spring board to develop their own intentional EFT abilities.
Note: I had been practicing EFT every day with clients for about two months when I realized that the exact moment they took a deep breath or showed some outward sign of relief, I too felt a subtle surge of relaxation in my body. It dawned on me that by tapping with them throughout the session, I was in a sense tapping for them too. It was almost like I was resonating with their energy system and so could feel when that energy system released a negative emotion. This realization is what I based my first steps to being able to practice EFT intentionally.
Step 1: Physical Surrogate Tapping
(other steps will be covered in future installments to this series)
The first helpful step I took on my way to practicing intentional EFT was learning and practicing surrogate tapping. Here is the method that worked for me.
Jack had called me one evening because of some weakness and pain in his knee. Jack is very athletic and a martial arts teacher. The pain in his knee would not allow him to squat very low in his stance, which from what I understand is essential in the martial arts. He knew all about EFT and practiced it often. When he called for help I asked him why he didn't try EFT on it himself. He said he had, coming at it from multiple angles, and could not make any improvement. So he wanted my thoughts on how to properly deliver EFT.
Jack is a friend of mine and an open minded guy, so I asked if I could experiment with him. He agreed. I asked him for the intensity of pain on a 1-10 scale. He told me it was between a 6 and a 7 when he attempted to move into his stance. Then, I asked him to hold on a moment. Jack was still on the line, although I put the phone down. I closed my eyes and imagined that Jack was sitting across from me, as in one of my normal EFT sessions, and I began the Basic Recipe. I rubbed the sore spot and mentally repeated, "Even though I have this painful weakness in my knee I deeply and completely accept myself." With my eyes closed I kept rubbing my own sore spot and mentally saw the imagined Jack rubbing the sore spot and repeating the same phrase. Then I went through the rest of the Basic Recipe in this way. I would tap a point and mentally say, "this knee pain". Then I would imagine him tapping the same point in the same way.
The process took less than a minute. When I was finished I picked up the phone and said, "How does your knee feel now?" There was a pause, and then he chuckled and said, "It is now a three." Then he asked, "What did you do?" I told him I'd explain when we finished. So I told him to hold on again. I once more put the phone down and went through the same process. This time I skipped the sore spot and used the reminder phrase, "This remaining pain." Thirty seconds later I picked up the phone again and said, "How about now?" He replied, "The pain is mostly gone. It is probably a one on the scale. Let me try to get in my stance and see what happens."
Jack then said, "When I get in my stance the pain goes back up to a five, and there is a stiffness that won't let me go any lower." I asked him to stay in his stance as low as he could without causing too much discomfort so that he could be aware subtly of what the knee felt like while in the stance. I then set the phone down again and repeated the previous procedure. I changed the setup phrase to, "Even though this position causes my knee pain, I deeply and completely accept myself." The reminder phrase I used was, "This positional knee pain." After I went through the Basic Recipe on myself while imagining him doing it do right across from me, I picked up the phone and said, "How does your knee feel?" He said it felt looser and was not hurting at the moment. So he told me to hold on as he lowered his stance. Jack then said that he could almost get as low as he would like in his stance, but there was some residual tightness at the level of a 2-3 on the intensity scale.
It occurred to me that maybe there was some fear of injury by getting lower in his stance. As a massage therapist I typically see tightness as a result of some part of the body protecting itself from injury. Without mentioning this I asked if he could stay in the stance at the 2-3 level he previously reported for about 30 seconds. He said he could. For the final time I set the phone down and repeated the entire Basic Recipe. The phrase I used this time was, "Even though I'm afraid I will injure myself if I go any lower in my stance, I deeply and completely accept myself." The reminder phrase I used was, "This fear of injury." At some point in the middle of this third run through I got a sense of my body relaxing and I took a deep breath. When I picked up the phone and asked how he felt at the moment, he immediately responded that during the thirty seconds I was not on the phone with him, he felt his body relax and his stance natural lower, pain free.
Happy with the results I explained to him what I was doing each time I put the phone down. He was very encouraging about the process and advised me to keep it up. Since that time I've done many surrogate sessions with him, and each time the process has become more elegant, effective and efficient.
Practicing the Basic Recipe, in its entirety on myself, while imagining the person I was working with doing the same thing allowed me to see that the power of my imagination could actually create results. After about two other successful surrogate tapping sessions in the manner described above, I then began pushing my limits and cut out the tapping on myself completely. This process, which effectively resolved anger over a problematic coworker, will be described in my next installment.
Part 2 of 4
After I became comfortable and successful using the imaginary surrogate tapping, described in the first installment of this series, I found that fully engaging my imagination in the process allowed me to surrogately apply EFT hands free.
The next EFT application illustrates a method I found helpful for empowering the effectiveness of my "imaginary" EFT. After a few days of unsuccessful tries on friends and family, something clicked and this technique began to work like a charm. I had a similar experience when first learning to surrogately muscle test. After a week of consistent, yet failed, attempts to surrogately muscle test, one day it just started working. Consistent practice proved to be a necessary step for me in the process of finding a successful method of practicing intentional EFT.
Step 2: Hands Free Surrogate EFT
Sue came in for an EFT session clearly agitated about something. When asked what was bothering her, she immediately responded that one of her coworkers at the massage office she worked at was giving her a hard time.
She said, "I was scheduled to give Jan, my coworker, a massage. A client of mine had bought a gift certificate for her husband's birthday. The client's husband came in one day with the gift certificate and wanted a massage while I wasn't available. Jan agreed to give him the massage, assuming I would pay her for the work she did.
First, I am aggravated she would just assume this, rather than tell him to call and schedule an appointment when I am available. But that is not the point. She decided it would be ok if I just gave her a massage in exchange. So we set up an appointment.
I showed up right on time. Jan was nowhere to be found. I checked my messages and Jan was on my voice mail saying, 'I have been waiting for a half hour for you to show up. My time is important and you need to respect that. You can leave a check on my table to pay for the hour's worth of work you owe me.' Jan is impossible and a pain to deal with! It's almost like she is intentionally trying to take my clients and have me pay her for it in the process!"
I then began breaking down the components that needed to be addressed for Sue to get beyond this office environment trauma, which I expected to have many more facets than there really were. In response to her story I said, "It sounds like you are angry that Jan is trying to take your business and also your money." She emphatically replied, "Exactly! I can't get that voice mail message out of my head. The tone of her voice made it sound like this mess was entirely my fault!"
I then asked, "On a scale of 1-10, ten being as mad as you can get, how angry are you when you think about that phone message?" She said it was no less than a 9. This was affirmed by her facial expression. Since the phone message was most prominent in her awareness I decided to start with that.
Now that I had a measurement of her intensity and a key issue I decided to try out my latest technique. The days leading up to this session had been hit or miss with the technique, but I decided to trust the process and it worked beautifully. Here is what I did.
First, I told her to hold on a moment while I thought about a phrase to use for the Setup and Reminder Phrase. I immediately came up with a very simple phrase: "Even though that message infuriates me, I deeply and completely accept myself." The reminder phrase was simply, "That message."
So as I was "sitting there thinking" I began the process. First, I imagined a sensation of my own karate chop point being tapped. Then I imagined her tapping her karate chop point, while I mentally repeated the phrase, "Even though that message infuriates me, I deeply and completely accept myself." After the third repetition I felt a relaxation in my chest.
Second, I imagined a feeling of my eyebrow point being tapped while simultaneously imagining her tapping her own eyebrow point and mentally repeating, "that message." I repeated this second step for the following points: side of eye, under eye, under nose, under lip, under collarbone and under arm.
At each point I imagined I could feel the point being tapped on my own body around 5 or 6 times, while imagining her tapping about 5 or 6 times on each spot as well. After the under arm point I felt the need to take a deep breath. I noticed her shoulder relax down a bit and I asked her to check into her body. She said she felt more relaxed.
Note: Keep in mind, this sounds like a lot of sitting around doing nothing. It takes longer to read than it did to complete. The imagination works faster than actually performing an action. If I had to guess I would say it took no more than 20-30 seconds. On average it usually takes me about that time to come up with good delivery phrase.
Since I saw her relax, I asked her to think about the message one more time. She did and admitted, "It isn't as troublesome as before. Besides, what else should I expect from Jan?"
I said, "Has the intensity gone down any?" She said, "I'm more irritated with myself now than anything else. I'm more mad that I got pulled into her drama." She then asked what happened, since I was just "sitting there thinking". Jan is familiar with surrogate tapping as she too has seen theEFT DVDs. I told her I was practicing a method of surrogate tapping and asked if I could continue doing so for the duration of the session as long as it worked. She said that would be fine. She knows my policy is not to charge unless significant change is made during a session so she really had nothing to lose.
I then asked how mad she was at herself, and she replied, "about a three." To get more specific with this phrase I asked her to tell me what was most irritating about the part she played in the situation.
She told me she was upset with herself that she allowed Jan to make her mad, because that was probably Jan's intention. The phrase that immediately came to mind for the setup was, "Even though Jan tricked me again I deeply and completely accept myself." The reminder phrase was as follows, "That tricky b****." Having worked with Sue on issues dealing with Jan before I knew this was a common term Sue used when referring to Jan.
Again I imagined a sensation of my own karate chop point being tapped, imagined Sue tapping her own point, and mentally repeated the setup phrase three times. Then I went through the following points: eyebrow, side of eye, under eye, under nose, under lip, collarbone, and underarm. At each point I imagined a sensation of my own point being tapped, I imagined Sue tapping her points, while mentally reciting, "That tricky b****."
Just as in the first round, once I got to the underarm point I felt the need to take a deep breath, and noted Sue doing the same thing. Then she laughed and said, "The whole situation is really silly isn't it?"
I got the sense that these two rounds took care of the whole coworker situation, so I asked her to think about the whole thing and relate it to me as if she were telling me a story. I told her to close her eyes as she was thinking about it and really relive it.
She recited the whole situation and did not get any intensity on it. Even though Sue's core anger was directed at Jan trying to take her business and her money, all it took was a round of EFT on effects of the phone message and an affirmation about how Sue perceives Jan. The entire process took less than five minutes to complete. I feel this would have taken at least twice the time to go through all the physical motions involved in regular EFT.
The third installment of this series will address how to improve interpersonal communications that may be sabotaged by polarity reversal. This problem quickly disappears using a using an even more refined and elegant version of intentional EFT, which naturally evolved from the physical surrogate tapping described in part 1 and the hands free surrogate EFT described in part 2.
Part 3 of 4
In the 5-star EFT DVDs the concept of polarity reversal is introduced. For those of you not familiar with the term, polarity reversal it is essentially an energetic phenomenon where a person may say one thing, but deep down inside not really mean it. For example, if Sally said she wanted to lose weight but then you muscle tested her to see if that statement was true you would get a weak response, indicating that on some level it is not true. In her head Sally may mentally know she wants to lose weight, but due to the polarity reversal phenomenon she will invariably sabotage all attempts to lose the weight and keep it off.
Polarity reversals also keep EFT procedures from working. If there is a polarity reversal, which I will abbreviate as PR from now on, to getting beyond the problem, EFT will not work until the PR is neutralized. That is the purposes of the setup phrase while either tapping the karate chop point or rubbing the sore spot. By starting all EFT procedures with the sore spot or karate chop point you are certain to get rid of the PR.
I spoke with a mentor of mine who is very proficient in Thought Field Therapy, a tapping therapy from which EFT was born, about the topic of PR. He gave me some very interesting information. He said that he always knows when his wife is suffering from PR because her conversations will always have an undercurrent of irritation and fault finding. He was speaking of when his wife was just "reversed" in general. This could be caused by a number of things.
It could be caused from eating a certain food, interacting with a certain person or even wearing an offensive chemical or piece of clothing. PR in general can be quite annoying when someone intends to carry on a meaningful or even benign conversation. It essentially sabotages the communication process from the very beginning.
One of the great things about doing EFT intentionally is that if you notice PR occurring either in yourself or in someone else you mean to have a pleasant conversation with, you can correct it immediately. I would not advise telling your mate that he or she needs to do some tapping for being reversed while in the middle of the conversation. If they are reversed it will just make communication more difficult, because more than likely tempers will flare. If they aren't reversed it will just make you look foolish. I've learned this from experience.
Luckily I have a very self-aware wife. I'm sure you can imagine how irritating it could be to have some say, "Maybe you should do some tapping. I think you are reversed." Especially when you really believe your aggression or frustration is valid as you try to communicate your point. At first she got irritated when I would ask if she was reversed, but when she saw that she was after doing a simple tapping procedure, we've learned to point it out gently to each other so we can make the most of our conversations without a PR getting in the way.
Learning how to correct this with just intention is a marvelous tool to bringing harmony to all your communicative endeavors.
Before learning the basic technique it is important to have a firm grasp on how PR can show up in conversations within the person you are talking to and within yourself. If you typically get along with the person you are speaking with and you find that everything you say is being taken as though you are attacking them or they are finding fault with just about everything you are saying, they might be reversed. If you find yourself getting easily irritated or frustrated with the person, you may be reversed as well. It takes a bit of detachment to see this clearly.
So if you are not easily able to look at things as objectively as possible I would recommend muscle testing. If the person you are with is open to this, you can practice muscle testing on each other to determine where the reversal lies.
Here is how we used to do it. I would put my arm out to pointing away from the midline of my body and say, "My name is Ryan." If it tested strong I knew I was not presently reversed. If it tested weak I would then say, "I'm a loaf of bread." If it tested strong I would know I am reversed, because I am obviously not a loaf of bread. To correct this, I would tap the karate chop point while repeating three times, "Even though I'm reversed, I deeply and completely accept myself." In most instances this would immediately correct the reversal.
When you are in a situation or with a person where this method is not possible I advise surrogate testing. I have found that sliding my index finger pad across my thumb nail works great. It is inconspicuous and no one ever knows that I am doing it. When I make a statement and it is true my finger pad slides easily across my thumbnail. When it is false it stops abruptly in the middle.
For example, if I find myself in a communication breakdown and I don't know if it is me or the other person that is reversed I first ask, "My name is Ryan." If my finger slides easily over my thumbnail (indicating the statement was true) then I ask, "So and so is reversed." If my finger stops dead in the middle of my thumbnail I have a fairly objective indication where the reversal lies. Sometimes to be safe I add another question: I'm deceiving myself." This helps me be certain about the surrogate testing.
Step 3: Flat Out Intentional EFT
Now to apply intentional EFT to correct a reversal requires a bit of concentration at first. If it is my own reversal I focus my attention on my karate chop point and feel it being tapped or I focus my attention on my sore spot area and feel it being rubbed. Then I mentally recite, "Even though I'm reversed I deeply and completely accept myself."
Then I either check in with my current state of mind in communicating with the person I am with or I muscle test myself again to see if I am myself and not a loaf of bread. I can usually tell immediately when the reversal passes, because I see the person I'm with in a less critical way. When in doubt I always use my thumbnail muscle testing technique.
If the other person is reversed based on observation and muscle testing they can be corrected in the same way. Give them your full attention. Either imagine a warm light pulsing on their karate chop point or imagine a warm light moving in a circular motion on their sore spot. Then mentally repeat, "Even though that person (or insert name) is reversed I deeply and completely accept them" three times. You can use any visualization you like.
A friend of mine imagines glowing flowers or crosses over the points as he recites the phrase and he admits this works just fine for him. Then, either watch their behavior for a shift or muscle test to see if that corrected the reversal. When you observe their behavior, you will know the reversal has passed when less of their "buttons are being pushed" for no reason.
Once reversals are corrected conversations usually flow a lot smoother. Again, it doesn't matter what caused the reversal to correct it. It may be helpful to muscle test later to find out. This way it can be avoided in the future. All that is required to correct it is identification and focused intentional EFT.
With practice this becomes easier and easier. You will be surprised at how much better conversations go for everyone when you are around. You will also gain a richer sensitivity to when reversals are present. When they are, you will either rub everyone the wrong way, or someone else will rub you the wrong way for no apparently good reason.
Example: I went to Office Max to get some booklets printed for a class I was going to teach. I was having a fine day and was in a good mood. I walked up to the copy center clerk and as soon as he opened his mouth it just made me cringe a little inside. He wasn't a bad guy, I just got the sense he was agitated at the world. So I tested to see who was reversed, and it wasn't me. Then as he was processing my order I began applying the technique described above. Minutes later he was smiling and joking with me. The atmosphere felt much more at ease and less tense. My second test indicated no one was reversed in the area.
The next and final installment will relate a fully intentional EFT session carried out on the phone. By using the technique described above, emotions from a painful break up were resolved quickly as the client was driving back to the apartment where the break up took place. By the end of the session, the client was walking through the apartment gathering up his things without the overwhelming sadness or grief that was initially present. Until next time!
Part 4 of 4
In this final installment I will relate an EFT session with Bob that was performed over the phone using nothing but intentional EFT. Bob called me one evening as he was driving back to an apartment he had recently moved out of after a very emotional break up. He was clearly upset from his manner of speaking.
Since he was driving and had about 20 minutes until he arrived at his destination, he asked if there were any energetic corrections I could offer to help him get some relief from this overwhelming sadness and fear of getting even sadder when he arrived. I told him I could try out some intentional EFT I had been practicing if he was up for it. He said he was up for anything.
To get started I asked Bob what exactly was going on in his life to cause distress. He explained that after he broke up with his girlfriend he had moved out of his apartment in the city and moved back to his house in the country. When he left, he only took one car load of essentials and had quite a lot more of his belongings still at the apartment. He told me he was holding on to his apartment until the lease was up instead of going through the hassle of trying to get out of the lease. He mentioned he was now driving back to the apartment to get more of his belongings.
He felt confident about making the trip at first. As he got nearer to his destination, however, he said he started remembering the good times and was afraid he wouldn't be able to handle all the things that reminded him about the relationship when he arrived.
Specifically he was afraid of seeing the pictures on the wall. He felt they may bring up some very deep sadness. He was also afraid that his ex-girlfriend might have left a note or something near the entry way. Bob broke up with her because of her manipulative narcissism and he feared she might say just the right things in a note to try and get him back.
I asked Bob what part of his explanation was most prominent in his awareness. Bob replied, "I really hope she hasn't left a note. I know this was for the best, but I'm afraid an attempt to get me back might work." So I asked Bob, "What is the predominant emotion you feel in your body when you think about the possibility of her leaving a note, and on a scale from one to ten how intense is it?"
Bob replied, "It is mainly fear that I won't know how to respond. It is pretty high, about an 8 or 9. I can feel it all through my body." I then explained since he was driving all he needed to do was tune into the emotion anyway he could. He didn't need to tap on anything or distract himself in anyway from driving. Then I asked him to give me few seconds to apply the procedure.
Note: Here is the procedure I used for every issue of Bob's during this session.
First, I imagined a pulsing swirling light over where Bob's sore spot would be. (I've worked with Bob in person before, so I know what he looks like. I imagine if you were doing this on a person you don't know, you could just imagine the general body shape of a male or female and do the same.) Then I mentally recited, "Even though Bob is afraid of how he'll respond, I deeply and completely accept him" three times.
Second, I imagined his eyebrow, side of eye, under eye, under nose, under lip, collarbone, under arm and top of head point glowing with a warm light. I imagined these points of light simultaneously, not one at a time. Then I mentally repeated, "He doesn't know what he'll do." I repeated this about three to four times, at which point I felt some relaxation in my own body and heard Bob yawn. Basically I keep repeating the phrase while envisioning all the points glowing until I witness or intuit some kind of release.
Another Note: Myself and others have found that you can usually tell when something is being resolved when doing this manner of work when either the practitioner or the client yawns, takes a deep breath, coughs or sighs. It has been our experience that immediately after this type of release, the intensity of the issue will be lower.
I then asked Bob about his fear of the letter. He then said he felt his body relax a bit and he doesn't feel so much afraid as he does anger. I asked, "What is the anger from?" He replied, "That she may still be trying to manipulate me, that she could betray me like that and still try to control me." I asked what was most prominent the manipulation, the betrayal or the control? He said they were all rolled up in one. I asked for an intensity level of the anger. He said it was about a 9.
So I imagined the sore spot swirling with warm light and mentally repeated the first thing that came to mind, "Who does she think she is" three times. Then I visualized the points listed above glowing while mentally repeating the same phrase, "Who does she think she is?"
This took more repetitions than the first try. After 8 or so repetitions I yawned and he immediately reported the anger had lessened. I asked him what it was now on the 1-10 scale. He said, "About a 2. It is more of an annoyance than anything else." So I again visualized all the points lit up while mentally repeating, "this remaining anger." After 3 repetitions of this phrase I heard him sigh into the phone. He then said, "Well, the anger is gone, but now I just feel used." I made a mental note of this comment, but wanted to make sure all the anger and fear over the possible letter was resolved.
To check the work I asked him to think about entering his apartment and finding a note from her. He replied, "There is no intensity. I could just as easily toss it in the trash." I asked, "So no fear comes up from thinking about her manipulating you back into the relationship?" He said, "No." I further probed, "And no anger about her trying to control you or manipulate you after what she has done?" He again replied, "No." He again stated now he just felt "used".
So I asked him to describe the used feeling. I asked, "What images or bodily sensations do you get when you tune into this used feeling?" He said he got flashes of the pictures of the girl on the wall of his apartment and said they made him sad that all the good times felt empty. So I told him to tune into that used feeling as best he could while driving and give me a few moments.
Again, I went with the first thoughts that came into my head, "She was just using me. None of it was real." I decided to skip the Setup phrase this time and just jump right in to visualizing the points glowing while mentally repeating the phrase, "She was just using me. None of it was real."
This time a shift almost occurred instantly. I barely repeated the phrase one time to myself and I had a sense the issue was resolved. I immediately asked what he was experiencing now. He said, "Nothing." I inquired, "No used feeling? Think about those pictures and entering your apartment. Think about gathering up your belongings. No intensity?" He replied, "No. Now I just feel tired, like I'm tired of thinking about this. I guess I do feel sad that things turned out the way they did." He then told me he was pulling into the apartment complex and he would call me back once he got inside.
A few minutes later, Bob called back. He said there was no letter, so that was good, but he was still having this remaining sadness over the loss of the relationship as he gathered up his things. He sounded a little teary when he admitted this. I asked him what was most bothersome about it. He replied, "That the relationship didn't turn out as expected."
So I went through the same procedure of imagining the points glowing while mentally reciting, "This sadness. Things didn't turn out as I hoped." After 5-6 repetitions I felt more relaxation in my body and asked him how he was doing. He said, "Hmm. I'm fine now. It's not like this is the end of my life or anything." I probed further, "So as you walk around the apartment and look around, you are not struck by any particular emotional intensity?" He said, "No. I'm glad to be free of her. She was an energy drain."
So after confirming his emotional state was back to normal we ended the call.
Some Self EFT to Use to Break Through Blocks for Using Intentional EFT
Here is a list of EFT phrases I used on myself to help me move through any mental blocks that prevented me from doing intentional EFT successfully.
1) Even though I disbelieve this is possible....
2) Even though I'm afraid something will go wrong....
3) Even though my powers of visualization are weak....
4) Even though my imagination cannot affect reality....
5) Even though I am not able to do this ....
6) Even though I am not willing to bear this responsibility....
7) Even though I am not ready for this kind of work....
8) Even though I don't deserve to be able to do this....
9) Even though I don't have the proper neural association to do this....
10) Even though I don't welcome the permission to do this....
More than anything, intentional EFT takes practice and diligence to do well. I do have a friend that seemed to catch on as if he'd been doing it all his life, but for me it took determination and commitment. It also took trust that I had the capability. The methods described in these articles are just what worked for me. Be creative and follow your own intuition. I wrote these articles just to give you some ideas and to see that it is possible. Don't let failure prevent you from trying. Nearly all true successes occur after a failure. If you are afraid of failing, use EFT to get over it! Good luck and have fun.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT™, by reading my free e-book, The Unseen Therapist™. More efficient. More powerful.