- A procedure for smoking and other addictions--80% success rate
- Persistent EFT to help a client quit smoking at her own pace
- EFT works nicely for a skeptical smoker
- Dialogues with Smokers--Parts I & II
- Rapid relief for a smoking addiction
- EFT ends a strong addiction to smoking cigarettes
- I quit smoking with EFT by using rebellion as a cause
- New Smoking Cessation Program Resolves the Real Reason that People Smoke
- How cigarette cravings led to major emotional release with EFT
- Smoking urge subsides after EFT collapses a betrayal issue
- Smoking addiction subsides after finding unusual habit
- EFT for a very clever smoker - two months with no need for a cigarette
- Heavy smoker quits after resolving core issue
- Client stops smoking after addressing "manly" issue
- An ultra easy smoking cessation case
- Smoking addiction
- Self-Applied Acupressure Technique May Prevent Tobacco from Killing One Billion People
- EFT for a food craving also eliminated a cigarette craving
- Smoking, OCD & phobias
- Surrogate EFT eliminates smoking addiction
- EFT and Inner Theater for Parts Work for quitting smoking
- A "One Session Wonder" for quitting smoking
- A case where cigarette cravings turned out to be a form of self-punishment
- EFT rapidly curbs cigarette cravings
- EFT's "Tell the Story Technique" releases alcohol-related anger feelings
- Alcoholic eliminates desire for alcohol by addressing "state" ness
- Budweiser beer - evidence that emotions cause addictions
- Detox relief from pain killers, migraine headaches and alcohol
- Using EFT for a headache provides aid to alcohol recovery
- A report from a "hopeless" binge drinking client
- Using EFT for unresolved grief aids an alcohol problem as a side benefit
- Finding out what really caused a food craving
- Emphatic tapping for a sugar addiction
- Hitting a chocolate craving head on
- Using EFT for a caffeine addiction
- Over 30 pounds and counting....
- EFT helps morbidly obese woman to stop feeling hungry
- Successful EFT reframing of a Coke & Pepsi addiction
- Is it safe to drop those pounds?
- EFT for ice cream cravings
- The core issue behind a cookie craving
- EFT eliminates 40 year addiction to coffee - 9 month follow-up
- EFT for a chocolate addiction brings about physical symptoms -- all gone in 10 minutes
- Finding the core issue behind a sweets addiction
- What was REALLY behind those cravings?
- Chocolate cravings have their root in childhood poverty
- Overcoming a Food Craving
- Simple EFT procedure for excess food and drink consumption
- How Mary's self sabotage kept her from slimming down
- A success formula for self-sabotage eliminates binge eating
- Melissa gets to the root of her sugar addiction - Followup included
- An ice cream addiction fades after quality detective work by Carol Solomon
- Sugar cravings subside with persistent and consistent EFT
- Jane no longer wants those potato chips
- Chewing tobacco addiction aided by surrogate tapping
- All traces of
- EFT and nail biting. A one minute wonder
- Successful 21 month follow up on a 20 year chewing tobacco addiction.
- EFT ends secret addiction to inhalants and clears the core issue
- 23 Year Hair Pulling Compulsive Disorder Ends at an EFT Workshop
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder regarding AIDS
- EFT for hoarding (OCD)
- Success with Addictions using EFT
- Recovering Addicts Lose Nicotine Cravings in Record Time
- After tapping, Carol
- Touching trichotillomania tale
- 60 year soap opera 'addiction' vanishes as a side benefit of EFT
- Brief uses of EFT collapses hair pulling problem (trichotillomania)
- EFT in 12 Step programs - a perfect place to address specific events
- EFT succeeds with hand washing compulsion in minutes
- EFT for a gambling addiction
- A self administered approach to addictions
- An Example of Using Reframes with Addictive Behavior
- Chewing tobacco habit--A humorous look at an extreme Apex problem
Using EFT for unresolved grief aids an alcohol problem as a side benefit
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Note: This article assumes you have a working knowledge of EFT. Newcomers can still learn from it but are advised to peruse our Free Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tutorial™ for a more complete understanding.
Here is interesting evidence from Javier Gomez of Mexico regarding the connection between addictions and emotional issues. Javier says, "It appears that the core issue of his alcoholism was his grief for his father and brother. This happened 3 weeks ago and he hasn't relapsed and I hope he won't. I'm convinced this is another EFT miracle."
I treated a client who had been grieving his father's death for 8 years and the death of a very close brother for 7 years.
At first I couldn't fathom how to draw him out of his state so I invented a metaphor. I told him that his father and his brother lived in his heart but that he had turned his heart into a prison and he wouldn't let them out. I said that if he changed his heart to an open house, his father and brother could come and go as they pleased.
This concept helped him to be more at peace and I went on to dissolve the grief with set-up phrases like:
Even though I feel very lonely after my brother's and father's deaths…
Even though I miss them terribly…
Even though I miss the arguments and discussions with my brother…
After several rounds with EFT he told me that he felt 'liberated' and we said good-bye. This happened on a Monday. Two days later, on Wednesday, he called me and commented that he regularly drank 4 large bottles of beer, about 4 litres every day. He would drink this between 6 pm, when he closed his auto paint shop, up until the time he went to sleep and that he in fact realized and believed he was an alcoholic.
He was calling me now to tell me that on the day we did EFT, when he went home at 7 pm, he didn't even think about beer and he was calling me to tell me that he hadn't thought about beer at all since then.
Six days after our EFT session I saw him. It was Saturday afternoon and he told me that the day before some friends had visited him at home and had brought quite a lot of beer - he didn't accept their invitation to drink it.
When his friends left he asked for a lift to the self-service, with the intention of buying just one beer and drinking it alone but not having more than one. He was amazed to find himself leaving the self-service with HALF A GALLON OF MILK!!!
It appears that the core issue of his alcoholism was his grief for his father and brother. This happened 3 weeks ago and he hasn't relapsed and I hope he won't. I'm convinced this is another EFT miracle.
Javier Gomez, Mexicali, Baja California.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.