- EFT works nicely for a skeptical smoker
- A procedure for smoking and other addictions--80% success rate
- Persistent EFT to help a client quit smoking at her own pace
- Dialogues with Smokers--Parts I & II
- Rapid relief for a smoking addiction
- EFT ends a strong addiction to smoking cigarettes
- I quit smoking with EFT by using rebellion as a cause
- New Smoking Cessation Program Resolves the Real Reason that People Smoke
- How cigarette cravings led to major emotional release with EFT
- Smoking urge subsides after EFT collapses a betrayal issue
- Smoking addiction subsides after finding unusual habit
- EFT for a very clever smoker - two months with no need for a cigarette
- An ultra easy smoking cessation case
- Heavy smoker quits after resolving core issue
- Client stops smoking after addressing "manly" issue
- EFT for a food craving also eliminated a cigarette craving
- Smoking addiction
- Self-Applied Acupressure Technique May Prevent Tobacco from Killing One Billion People
- EFT and Inner Theater for Parts Work for quitting smoking
- Smoking, OCD & phobias
- Surrogate EFT eliminates smoking addiction
- EFT rapidly curbs cigarette cravings
- A "One Session Wonder" for quitting smoking
- A case where cigarette cravings turned out to be a form of self-punishment
- EFT's "Tell the Story Technique" releases alcohol-related anger feelings
- Alcoholic eliminates desire for alcohol by addressing "state" ness
- Budweiser beer - evidence that emotions cause addictions
- Detox relief from pain killers, migraine headaches and alcohol
- Using EFT for a headache provides aid to alcohol recovery
- A report from a "hopeless" binge drinking client
- Using EFT for unresolved grief aids an alcohol problem as a side benefit
- Finding out what really caused a food craving
- Emphatic tapping for a sugar addiction
- Hitting a chocolate craving head on
- Using EFT for a caffeine addiction
- Over 30 pounds and counting....
- EFT helps morbidly obese woman to stop feeling hungry
- Successful EFT reframing of a Coke & Pepsi addiction
- Is it safe to drop those pounds?
- EFT for ice cream cravings
- The core issue behind a cookie craving
- EFT eliminates 40 year addiction to coffee - 9 month follow-up
- EFT for a chocolate addiction brings about physical symptoms -- all gone in 10 minutes
- Chocolate cravings have their root in childhood poverty
- Finding the core issue behind a sweets addiction
- What was REALLY behind those cravings?
- How Mary's self sabotage kept her from slimming down
- Overcoming a Food Craving
- Simple EFT procedure for excess food and drink consumption
- An ice cream addiction fades after quality detective work by Carol Solomon
- A success formula for self-sabotage eliminates binge eating
- Melissa gets to the root of her sugar addiction - Followup included
- Sugar cravings subside with persistent and consistent EFT
- Jane no longer wants those potato chips
- Chewing tobacco addiction aided by surrogate tapping
- All traces of
- EFT and nail biting. A one minute wonder
- Successful 21 month follow up on a 20 year chewing tobacco addiction.
- EFT ends secret addiction to inhalants and clears the core issue
- 23 Year Hair Pulling Compulsive Disorder Ends at an EFT Workshop
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder regarding AIDS
- EFT for hoarding (OCD)
- Success with Addictions using EFT
- Recovering Addicts Lose Nicotine Cravings in Record Time
- After tapping, Carol
- Touching trichotillomania tale
- 60 year soap opera 'addiction' vanishes as a side benefit of EFT
- Brief uses of EFT collapses hair pulling problem (trichotillomania)
- EFT in 12 Step programs - a perfect place to address specific events
- EFT succeeds with hand washing compulsion in minutes
- EFT for a gambling addiction
- A self administered approach to addictions
- An Example of Using Reframes with Addictive Behavior
- Chewing tobacco habit--A humorous look at an extreme Apex problem
Jane no longer wants those potato chips
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Note: This article assumes you have a working knowledge of EFT. Newcomers can still learn from it but are advised to peruse our Free Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tutorial™ for a more complete understanding.
EFT's ability to reduce immediate cravings is sometimes efficient enough to collapse an entire addiction. As Kate Beeders illustrates, this usually involves finding the root of the problem.
Like many EFT practitioners, I first learned about EFT when the technique was used on me. The first time, EFT helped eliminate ice cream from my diet (my favorite food which can be found all over Boston in ice cream shops open year round). I was totally amazed that I no longer wanted, desired or craved ice cream!
My specialty with EFT is helping people overcome emotional and physical stress related issues. I helped "Jane" with her food cravings and started her on the road to success with a healthy diet to lose her additional 20 pounds.
Jane worked two jobs and had a weakness for potato chips which were easily available at the snack bar near her desk at her evening job. She also had chips every day at lunch. This was the major contribution to her weight gain. To eliminate her food craving, (at a level of intensity of 10 on a scale of 0 to 10) we used the simple set up statement of :
Even though I love my potato chips...
Within 15 minutes, Jane had totally lost her interest in chips -even with the open bag in front of her. As we talked a little bit more, her intensity rose. As Jane talked more, she admitted that she had moved to Boston about a year ago, didn't know anyone, and at night when she got home, potato chips were her "friend". Through her tears, she told me that every night, her routine was to put the television on and eat a bag of chips. Our new set up statement was:
Even though potato chips are my friend...
As you talk about the trees in the forest in your training, Gary, we chopped the big one down for Jane and all the other trees fell down, too. And I like to use the gamut points with emotional issues.
I gave Jane some tapping homework, very simple, to tap on a few points "potato chips" and she did her homework for a few weeks until she no longer felt it was necessary. Jane told me she gave herself two tests to see if the EFT worked. The first was she put a bag of chips on her desk at work and she realized she wasn't even tempted. Several months later, her second (and biggest test) was walking down the supermarket aisle where the chips were displayed and not wanting or buying them!
In the past, Jane had tried many times to eliminate her craving but had failed because she was focused on the surface of the problem. The reason Jane was successful this time was EFT helped her realize the root of the problem and we were able to "tap" it away. I've noticed EFT often has this uncanny ability to bring out the underlying issue that the client has buried. Once they become aware of it, it can usually be "tapped" away.
GC COMMENT: Often EFT's ability to bring up important issues includes discovering specific events underlying the problem. These can be very helpful in getting to important causes.
Gary, thanks for sharing your technique and knowledge.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.