- EFT works nicely for a skeptical smoker
- A procedure for smoking and other addictions--80% success rate
- Persistent EFT to help a client quit smoking at her own pace
- Dialogues with Smokers--Parts I & II
- Rapid relief for a smoking addiction
- EFT ends a strong addiction to smoking cigarettes
- I quit smoking with EFT by using rebellion as a cause
- New Smoking Cessation Program Resolves the Real Reason that People Smoke
- How cigarette cravings led to major emotional release with EFT
- Smoking urge subsides after EFT collapses a betrayal issue
- Smoking addiction subsides after finding unusual habit
- EFT for a very clever smoker - two months with no need for a cigarette
- An ultra easy smoking cessation case
- Heavy smoker quits after resolving core issue
- Client stops smoking after addressing "manly" issue
- EFT for a food craving also eliminated a cigarette craving
- Smoking addiction
- Self-Applied Acupressure Technique May Prevent Tobacco from Killing One Billion People
- EFT and Inner Theater for Parts Work for quitting smoking
- Smoking, OCD & phobias
- Surrogate EFT eliminates smoking addiction
- EFT rapidly curbs cigarette cravings
- A "One Session Wonder" for quitting smoking
- A case where cigarette cravings turned out to be a form of self-punishment
- EFT's "Tell the Story Technique" releases alcohol-related anger feelings
- Alcoholic eliminates desire for alcohol by addressing "state" ness
- Budweiser beer - evidence that emotions cause addictions
- Detox relief from pain killers, migraine headaches and alcohol
- Using EFT for a headache provides aid to alcohol recovery
- A report from a "hopeless" binge drinking client
- Using EFT for unresolved grief aids an alcohol problem as a side benefit
- Finding out what really caused a food craving
- Emphatic tapping for a sugar addiction
- Hitting a chocolate craving head on
- Using EFT for a caffeine addiction
- Over 30 pounds and counting....
- EFT helps morbidly obese woman to stop feeling hungry
- Successful EFT reframing of a Coke & Pepsi addiction
- Is it safe to drop those pounds?
- EFT for ice cream cravings
- The core issue behind a cookie craving
- EFT eliminates 40 year addiction to coffee - 9 month follow-up
- EFT for a chocolate addiction brings about physical symptoms -- all gone in 10 minutes
- Chocolate cravings have their root in childhood poverty
- Finding the core issue behind a sweets addiction
- What was REALLY behind those cravings?
- How Mary's self sabotage kept her from slimming down
- Overcoming a Food Craving
- Simple EFT procedure for excess food and drink consumption
- An ice cream addiction fades after quality detective work by Carol Solomon
- A success formula for self-sabotage eliminates binge eating
- Melissa gets to the root of her sugar addiction - Followup included
- Sugar cravings subside with persistent and consistent EFT
- Jane no longer wants those potato chips
- Chewing tobacco addiction aided by surrogate tapping
- All traces of
- EFT and nail biting. A one minute wonder
- Successful 21 month follow up on a 20 year chewing tobacco addiction.
- EFT ends secret addiction to inhalants and clears the core issue
- 23 Year Hair Pulling Compulsive Disorder Ends at an EFT Workshop
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder regarding AIDS
- EFT for hoarding (OCD)
- Success with Addictions using EFT
- Recovering Addicts Lose Nicotine Cravings in Record Time
- After tapping, Carol
- Touching trichotillomania tale
- 60 year soap opera 'addiction' vanishes as a side benefit of EFT
- Brief uses of EFT collapses hair pulling problem (trichotillomania)
- EFT in 12 Step programs - a perfect place to address specific events
- EFT succeeds with hand washing compulsion in minutes
- EFT for a gambling addiction
- A self administered approach to addictions
- An Example of Using Reframes with Addictive Behavior
- Chewing tobacco habit--A humorous look at an extreme Apex problem
Chewing tobacco addiction aided by surrogate tapping
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Annie Lawrence uses surrogate tapping to "loosen up" her son's resistance to treatment for his chewing tobacco addiction.
The information that I would like to share is that, even though I have been able to help many clients who come to me, have felt helpless to help my son until now. My son started mouth tobacco at a very early age, and would sneak it behind my back. My father had been a tobacco chewer and had offered it to my son and his cousins. It was very accepted in the mid-west where I grew up.
In the past I have given my son hypnotherapy treatments and given him appointments with acupuncturists and other holistic practitioners. Hoping that someone not as close to him would be able to help. I have lost many sleepless nights due to a deep longing to have him free of this addiction.
Last week or the week before you had an article in the newsletter about surrogate tapping GC COMMENT: for articles on surrogate tapping enter the word surrogate into our search engine. It spoke to my heart, and I decided to give it a chance. Like you say, try it on everything.
I also have a women's support group and we tapped together saying "I am (Sons' name) and I have this addiction to mouth tobacco-etc." I continued to tap for a week. My husband and I also tapped together for him. On Sunday, we got together for breakfast, and I asked him if he would be willing to get together with me and work on this. In the past he was reluctant and would make excuses. This time he said yes. The session went well and we plan to keep working on it now until it is no longer an addiction. At the end of the session when I had him visualize the craving. It was down to zero.
I know that this addiction is as strong as any narcotic. I watched a documentary movie saying how the tobacco companies had targeted the Midwest and the age group of my son for their mouth tobacco. The chemicals that the tobacco is laced with are much worse than the tobacco itself, and as addictive as any narcotics. I felt helpless until now to deal with this issue. I thank you from my heart and I would love to hear from anyone else who has dealt with this addiction.
Also, one other tip, that I have found that helps me with any clients who I feel resistance from is, "Even though this tapping seems really silly- I deeply------------- and choose to play and have fun with this session." I am also a Reiki master and I love integrating EFT, Hypnotherapy and Reiki. They are very synergistic tools.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.