- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Stubborn client, PTSD, hidden aspects and psychological reversal
- PTSD from a traumatic miscarriage is resolved with EFT
- New Treatment for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Delivers Rapid, Long Lasting Results for Iraqi War Veterans--No Drugs Necessary
- Bob Patefield wipes out his own PTSD
- An EFT gift for firefighters suffering from PTSD and trauma
- EFT beginner collapses her own PTSD
- Vietnam Vet with severe PTSD sleeps through the night for the first time in 39 years
- War veteran with PTSD gets quality results with EFT
- Curing PTSD
- Pat Farrell resolves her own PTSD
- Knocking down war PTSD symptoms like dominoes
- EFT on DID and PTSD
- EFT clears PTSD -- Nassirya bombing, Iraq
- An EFT Newcomer relieves Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- How I handled my PTSD (child abuse) all by myself
- An efficient way to relieve a PTSD memory
- How I handled my PTSD (witnessing a violent crime) all by myself
- Rape by a "friend"--PTSD and suicidal thoughts
- Jeanne Ranger clears her own PTSD
- A very traumatic birth experience was at the root of this woman
- A problem staying focused and present had its roots in childhood trauma -- EFT resolved it.
- Difficulty with labor pains had its roots in childhood sexual abuse
- Chronic ear infections vanished after childhood trauma was cleared with EFT
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- EFT and the devastation of childhood abuse
- Childhood molestation--using UNDERSTAND in the Set-up phrase
- EFT and birth trauma - addressing "the fetus inside me"
- 13 years of daily abuse fades with a form of The Personal Peace Procedure
- Deborah Miller helps a man unravel how a childhood molestation affects his current relationship
- A creative way to uncover a traumatic childhood event
- An Hour and Ten Minutes (for relief of attempted murder, two assaults, rape and childhood incidents)
- Cleaning up a rape trauma
- A "one minute wonder" rape release.
- An EFT expert beautifully weaves EFT within her client's pain, panic and molestation--success across the board
- A detailed and professional session regarding EFT for rape -- with one year follow-up
- Dr. Eric Robins, MD, uses EFT to avoid surgery for urination problem
- Unique uses for EFT in the surgery room
- Did EFT or Antibiotics help this little boy?
- How to remove a cyst without surgery or lasers
- A sore throat is traced to a childhood tonsil surgery
- Rapid EFT results with an ACL tear -- Every sports team in the world would love to hear about this
- Cataract surgery goes perfectly after releasing inner child Issues
- Did Brenda really abuse her brother?
- Three dissociative disorder cases
- Rape Trauma alleviated completely in one session with EFT -- libido returns
- Three EFT sessions lift depression, anger and sexual abuse trauma
- Pat Gurnick is my hero
- War trauma--no more nightmares
- 15 minutes of EFT brings dramatic results to a Vietnam Veteran
- EFT tapping for trauma brings unexpected benefits
- EFT "Choices" for recent NYC trauma victims.
- Using EFT to negotiate with multiple personalities
- This psychiatrist uses EFT
- Pieter de Zwart combines his intuition with quality testing of his work for a first class result for trauma
- Borrowing Benefits brings up and collapses the Big One
- EFT newcomer resolves her own deep seated issues from childhood
- Handling the aftermath of a mugging with EFT...over the phone
- EFT used instead of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) on severe trauma with impressive results
- EFT Trauma Session Seemed Complete But Needed More Work
- Praise for the EFT Tearless Trauma Technique
- Another approach to the Movie Technique
- Handling an abuse case in a quality way
- Working with Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Rape resolved in record time
- The connection between vitiligo and a traumatic experience
- Trauma relief one week after the Sept. 11, 2001 tragedy
- EFT after an attack in the street
- Helping a lost boy and his family out in the woods - spontaneous EFT
- The value of guessing: Releasing trauma in an injured elbow
- Sexual abuse case
- EFT helps clear early date rape trauma
- How Rebecca Gurland started with the EFT Personal Peace Procedure and wound up collapsing her major core issues
- Hollywood film maker resolves deep personal traumas with EFT
- Resolving the intense after effects of child birth trauma
- A Detailed and Masterful Article on Using EFT for Trauma
- Six successful sessions with a war veteran
- Criminal defense attorney does EFT with suicidal client in jail
- Expert handling of a hidden traumatic memory -- all within 30 minutes
- Listen to a successful EFT grief session with Dr. Carol Look and "Toby"
- Approaching complex trauma with EFT - The Inner Theater
- Working with trauma - the connection between EFT and the Amygdula
- Peeling away the layers of sexual abuse
- Tapping for prenatal issues brings benefits
- EFT for our Emergency First Responders
- Hives subside as traumatic incident is resolved
- Step by step through a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder case
- Digging for core issues - reconnection to a trauma that was behind hay fever symptoms
- Examples of "Stress Inoculation" through EFT...."but does it last?"
- Working with extreme trauma using a variation of the EFT Movie Technique
- Battered woman with cramped hands completes flower drawing after EFT--a one minute wonder
- Fear of dentists and oral rape
- A traumatic fall from a tree
- EFT after Hurricane Ike - Trauma Triage
- The Movie Technique for a traumatic memory and unresolved grief
- How to make EFT work when it "doesn't work."
- Lawyer resolves many personal traumas and writes testimonial letter
- K was left for dead after a Serial Killer's Attack -- EFT cleans up the traumatic aftermath
- A chiropractor helps a homicide trauma - burping is a sign of relief
- It started in a prison camp
- An EFT Formula for Specific Trauma
- A traumatized female reclaims trust in her instincts
- Hurricane Katrina survivor successfully receives EFT for trauma
- Comparing traumatic abreactions--with and without EFT
- An expert discusses EFT and sudden trauma.
- An extreme trauma with a severe abreaction--and what to do about it
- EFT in the aftermath of domestic violence
- Rapid relief from accident flashbacks
- Trauma in the trunk of a car
- Using EFT to unravel the many pieces of a child molestation
- Releasing the Trauma of placing her husband in a nursing home
- The layers of trauma
- An even more tearless trauma technique
- EFT with a Vietnam nurse - a quality use of specific events
- Where only the pros should tread.
- Successfully handling childhood molestation--a classy case by Nancy Morris
- The "emotional stunt double" process using EFT
- Persistent use of EFT brings assistance in traumatic dream
- The Sun in my Soul - EFT overhauls Kathy's life
- What would you do for your client if his son shot and killed another boy?
- EFT newcomer diffuses trauma even though he didn't know it was rape
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- Trauma relief for a Prisoner of War and a fruit phobia
- Thoughts on Abreactions and how to handle them
- Finding the trauma behind the trauma
- Delivering EFT to a macho war veteran
- Katrina Victims Enjoy New Trauma Relief Method
- Tapping on hearing traumatic stories from others - ear problems
- Rape trauma: "It just doesn't seem to bother me like it did."
- Tapping for the troops
- Using Group EFT in a school setting for a crisis
- Andrea's miscarriage
- Tearless Trauma Technique
- Creating a new emotional state for trauma sufferers
- Surrogate EFT for sleeping client dramatically clears sexual abuse
- Releasing 14 years of pent up grief and trauma
- Tip-Toeing into two car accident traumas
- How do you work with a traumatic incident that a client does not remember?
- Some tips for easing trauma survivors into using EFT
- Miranda: Repressed memory of childhood sexual abuse
- Using EFT for Trauma Relief after a major earthquake in Indonesia
- Aileen's client is an actress and no longer has "Interrogation Trauma" -- acting improves
- Trauma success in Israel--as told by the client
- Using the EFT Tell the Story Technique helps calm a rape victim
- Tina broke free from an age 12 trauma
- Using EFT when the client has a memory "blank spot"
- Using EFT after a terrorist attack
- Tapping on love pain leads Marta to her traumatic birth experience
- Using Surrogate EFT on 2-month old baby after surgery
- Group trauma treatment--CISD with EFT
- WAILING ON WALL STREET
- Releasing fear and trauma after a dog bite
- Accessing the deeper levels of trauma stored in our cellular memory
- Taking the edge off of a molestation.
- Gillian Wightman leads us expertly through a complicated "father abuse" case -- a fabulous start
- Using EFT for "womb issues"
- Email correspondence on a serious childhood abuse case
- Bringing Bev out of a semi-catatonic state
- Relieving the trauma of a car accident with EFT
- EFT newcomer taps herself out of a dissociative state during regular therapy
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
Pat Gurnick is my hero
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to (1) consult The Gold Standard EFT Tapping Tutorial, (2) Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
This is a special message....one which has taken me several days to write. It is about Pat Gurnick (age 43), one of my heroes, and its content is both useful and inspirational for almost everyone on this list.
Even though there are some highly sensitive and very personal aspects to Pat's progress with EFT, she has graciously allowed me to give you her name. We disguise only the identity of "a relative."
This way, others who have walked even part way down Pat's abusive path can communicate with someone who has "been there." This can be a confidence gainer....a source of hope....for those who are wondering if EFT can help them with their seemingly "impossible problems." Professionals might also want to contact Pat for more details and clinical insights.
Here is the story...
I first had contact with Pat (via telephone) a few weeks prior to a workshop I gave in the Los Angeles area about 2 years ago. She was beset with a long list of physical problems and an even longer list of emotional abuses. She agreed to work with me in front of the audience and, for preparation, she sent me a letter which contained the following....
[One of my relatives] was verbally and physically abusive. If I wanted to express myself he would scream in my face, "You have nothing important to say, shut up, be quiet, don't move." If I ran he would find me and hit me over and over until I broke--I tried not to cry. Or, I would get away and jump out the window and hide in the bushes for hours peeing on myself, shaking and terrified.....he drilled into me time and time again that I was stupid, a shmuck [more on the shmuck issue later] etc. He had my mind so spun out that I didn't even know what I was thinking or feeling by the time he was done with me. I was huddled in a corner, fetal position, crying. I wanted to die. At age 7 I wanted to die.
This is only 10% of the letter. It goes on endlessly with her daily abuses and their effects on her life. Her older sister was also verbally and physically abusive to her. She was mentally ill (borderline personality with psychotic features), and contributed to her daily terror. Pat exclaimed that her sister tried to kill her often. Among other things, she forced Pat to walk on glass, shoved her into a hot oven and onto the hot burners, as well as forcing her into scalding showers.
Pat's experience is particularly important for EFT'ers because it does not fall into the "one minute wonder" category that we see so often. Rather, it represents the type of challenge that moves the dedicated EFT'er toward mastery.
This is not a single traumatic event such as an accident, rape or the death of a loved one. Rather, it is several thousand days worth of abusive conditioning....physical beatings....emotional jack-hammers....self-image insults. Pat was a little child...defenseless...didn't have a chance. Trying to "tap this away" with a few rounds of EFT is like trying to knock down 100 acres of diseased trees with one swing of the axe.
With the help of EFT and Dr. Marilynn Snow Jones (a first class EFT'er), Pat has made great progress. However, her improvement was only accomplished by breaking the problem down into SPECIFIC EVENTS and applying EFT to each event. Piece by piece Pat's anger/hatred for her "relative" and sister have changed to genuine compassion.
Here is how Pat tells it about her relative in a recent letter to me.....
Since my work with EFT, my relationship with my abusive relative has totally changed. It is loving, considerate, and respectful. I never expected this could turn around and be a positive, healing experience for me. But it has. My attitude and behavior has softened due to the clearing of 'trees' related to my relative. As they were chopped down through the EFT sessions with Dr. Marilynn Snow Jones, DC, my inner turmoil eased up, and my response changed. I do not have that disgusted yet hypervigilent reaction being in his presence.
I now can say "I love you", send "thinking of you" cards, and give him a warm hug! Just today he left a message on my phone stating,"Pat, just calling to find out how you are, and I do want to hear from you at least once a week. So, just remember now, let me know at least once a week how you are doing and whats happening to you, because I do love you. Talk to you later, Bye."
God, was that healing for me. I burst out crying with joy, rather than grief. What a wonderful moment that was for me. Instead of fear, I felt love. Love filled my heart and put a smile on my face. Never in a million years would I associate him with these sweet emotions. Terror can be replaced with feelings of joy, and I never had that experience before. I never knew that was possible. EFT had given me a chance to heal my old wounds, and develop a new relationship filled with love and hope.
I am pleased to report that I had a minor part in Pat's improvement. At the aforementioned Los Angeles workshop, Pat agreed to work with me on an issue in front of the whole group. After spending a few minutes looking for a SPECIFIC EVENT, we settled on one of the times her relative called her a shmuck. This may seem like a minor event to you but, to Pat, it was one of those events that turned her thoughts to thunder.
In the context of her family, shmuck was a very derogatory slang word for penis. In Pat's words, it was the equivalent of calling a woman "a cunt." So this word, for Pat, was heavily loaded. It carried with it a burdensome meaning...a personal label that was cemented into her psyche.
Sooooo, we began. My approach was to reframe the term "shmuck" into something humorous. That way future uses of that term would result in "tee-hee's" instead of trauma. As seasoned EFT'ers know, reframes land much more easily during tapping because resistant beliefs fall by the wayside. Here, to the best of my memory, is the essence of our session. [Note: While this may seem off color to some, it was right on the mark for Pat--I'm a firm believer in fluidity and creativity and thinking outside the box.]
Gary: So how often would your relative call you a shmuck?
Gary: And it's an ugly word?
Gary: Well, imagine for the moment that I am your relative and also imagine that my nose is a shmuck and it hangs down over my lips and swings about as I talk.
Pat: [with a curious smile] OK.
Gary: Now, imagine that as I belittle and berate you I repeatedly call you a shmuck and every time I do that my nose-shmuck becomes erect and crashes into my forehead. [To illustrate this I smash my forehead with my hand as I say shmuck].
Pat: [Still smiling] OK
Gary: Now tap with me.... Even though I am supposedly a shmuck [I smash my forehead], I didn't know I was so funny.
Pat: [Laughs and repeats after me as we tap the EFT shortcut points during the narration]
Gary: Look at all the things a shmuck [I smash my forehead] can do...
Pat: [Laughs, taps and repeats].
Gary: A shmuck [I smash my forehead] can lie idle and look silly....
Pat: [Laughs, taps and repeats]
Gary: Or it can punish another shmuck [smash] by smashing its forehead....
Pat: [Laughs, taps and repeats]
Gary: Maybe shmucks [smash] deserve each other...
And so it went as we tapped for several minutes toward this humorous portrayal of a shmuck. At the end, Pat couldn't think of the term without giggling and to this day (about two years later) it is still a humorous word. No charge on it whatsoever. This is only one piece of this large puzzle, however, and Pat still has much to do to unravel all that has been wound up within her.
As I said before, Pat is one of my heroes and so are all the other Pat Gurnick's of the world. My heroes used to be athletes, actors and singers but that's not true any more. Pat Gurnick has lived in emotional slavery during her formative years and has endured through it all and become one of the sweetest, most caring people I know. There is a gentleness about her that is rare in human beings. She is your friend, a shining example that brings a little light wherever she goes. She is soft spoken but says a lot when she speaks.
There are many rewards for sitting in this EFT chair of mine. But by far the biggest reward is the privilege I am given to meet the true heroes of this world. I speak here not only of Pat Gurnick but to all the others who have endured her experiences. I speak here of our war veterans and our rape victims and all those that have endured horrendous abuses in their lifetimes. I speak also of the dedicated therapists and healers that give of their time and resources (sometimes without pay) to assist those in need. Heroes indeed!
You are my heroes.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.