- Other Physical Issues
- Miranda Sterling discusses "It" and "Emotional Allergies"
- Allergic reaction to animals immediately eliminated with EFT
- Two allergic reaction cases
- EFT brings relief from a range of allergies and autoimmune disorders - collapsing safety issues does the job
- EFT, substance sensitivities and muscle testing
- EFT eliminates an intense allergic reaction, making Fern a believer that EFT works on physical issues
- Thoughts on using EFT for toxicity and allergies
- Two rounds of EFT take care of a cat allergy
- Relieving a violent allergy attack in 2 minutes
- Mental EFT for a persistent dust allergy
- Skeptic receives rapid relief for severe allergy
- EFT for anaphylactic shock reaction to lawn fertilizer
- Creativity with an allergy to turpentine and oil paints
- A fascinating trip through the successful elimination of multiple chemical and food sensitivities
- Allergies alleviated in 7 year old child - Success where nothing else worked
- Using EFT for snoring and dairy allergies -- Introducing the
- Veterinarian provides allergy protocol and 8 successful cases on people and animals
- A remarkable EFT allergy case
- Doctors Use New Acupressure Technique For Severe Allergic Reactions: Medication Unnecessary
- Marcia Stanton reads an article on our website and collapses a severe allergic reaction.
- Successful EFT for a wine allergy - a little different approach
- EFT for hay fever, severe cellulitis and "tattoo pain"
- Resolving allergies and related ailments
- Colleen successfully uses our EFT DVDs as a clue to her allergies
- How Andy Mason used EFT to collapse ALL of his wife's 80 different allergies
- Why EFT relieves allergies where nothing else will
- Think about allergies when doing EFT
- An allergy to flowers linked to a deeper issue--personal blossoming
- Eliminating allergic reactions to antibiotics
- "EFT kept me from going into full-blown Anaphylactic Shock!"
- Swollen eyes and puffy face disappear while tapping along with the EFT DVDs
- Ten minutes of EFT erases a severe cat allergy
- Common sense uses of EFT to clear food sensitivities
- The food allergy that wouldn't go away until Erin got specific
- Clearing allergies for entire groups of people
- Lynne has been allergic to bees since she was little
- Consistent tapping results in interesting side benefits
- Successful EFT for allergies -- addressing a core issue
- EFT relieves a "burning mouth" reaction to pineapple
- Food allergy and eczema disappear after using EFT on specific events
- Allergic reaction subsides on Prime Time German TV
- Are Drugs Really Necessary to Clear Allergies?
- Rapid relief from two wasp stings
- Hay fever subsides with surrogate EFT
- Quickly clearing an allergy to oranges
- EFT collapses Multiple Chemical Sensitivities in short order
- Allergies clear for newcomer who borrows benefits without tapping--social uneasiness subsides
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Dyslexia and learning disabilities
- Rachel's dyslexia and a problem with straight lines
- The Dyslexia is gone!
- Computer mouse dyslexia
- A 14 year old boy with dyslexia gets glowing reports in school after EFT. One teacher called him
- Using EFT for Dyscalculus
- Dyslexia and a query about EFT and mental illness
- Dyslexia vanishes and with it go other issues
- Dyslexia and other things
- Vision Issues
- A new EFT Frontier--Improving Vision
- Eye condition improves after the client
- An unexpected vision improvement
- Seventy-Five Percent Improve Vision With Breakthrough Acupressure Technique
- Using EFT for double vision
- An obvious case where emotional issues cause vision problems
- Using EFT for Vision Correction
- Lasting vision relief after tapping on anger issue
- An optometrist points to emotional impacts on vision
- EFT helps vision loss, balance problems and postnasal drip in 14 year-old girl with multiple sclerosis
- Dr. Carol Look's EFT eyesight experiment gives Cheri major benefits.
- Insomnia & Sleep Issues
- Relieving insomnia after treating a case of "Love Pain."
- A Surprising Way to Use EFT for Insomnia
- Surrogate EFT for snoring
- Success with Insomnia: "After a week of restful sleep I am a new woman and my life is transformed"
- Helping a restless baby to sleep
- A 91 year old lady's sleeping disorder
- Quiet your mind with EFT so that you can sleep
- Using EFT for Insomnia
- Using EFT for Sleep Apnea
- Sleepy clients and compulsions
- Jerome finally sleeps after 3 years of severe insomnia
- EFT, gratitude and sleep
- MD cures Insomnia by finding core issue
- Snoring, love pain and Stuttering
- Combining EFT and meditation for a sleep disorder
- EFT for sleeping at prescribed times
- Surrogate EFT brings "snoring benefits"
- Self-Help Technique Often Treats Insomnia Better Than Drugs -- Acts Quickly and Has No Side Effects
- Everyone gets to sleep after Dan does surrogate EFT for a crying child
- Using EFT for complex issues (in this case--a difficult insomnia problem)
- How to use EFT to get to sleep easily
- Quality uses of EFT for success with sleep apnea
- Baby goes from Screaming to Sleeping in less than 5 minutes
- 91-year-old woman passes her driving test after EFT
- Releasing 10 years of insomnia -- Finding the core issue
- Newbies experience EFT for insomnia, itching and deafness
- 30 years of insomnia cleared in one EFT session
- Attention, Doctors: Drug-Free Acupressure Technique Relieves Insomnia
- Success with pulsatile tinnitus -- accepting it rather than fighting it
- Reducing the intrusive impact of tinnitus
- Useful thoughts on tinnitus
- Ten second EFT wonder for severe tinnitus of 15 years
- Tinnitus gone in 4 sessions -- unusual happenings along the way
- Progress using EFT for tinnitus
- A concept for successfully applying EFT to Tinnitus
- A useful relief for Tinnitus
- Good progress with tinnitus.
- Chronic Fatigue
- Skin Disorders
- Using EFT for shrinking moles, skin tags and seborrheic cysts
- She had plantar warts for 42 years and had tried EVERYTHING to get rid of them.
- Using EFT for a rash: "George under my skin"
- 8 years of plantar warts - a dozen gone in 3 weeks
- 14 year old boy uses EFT to clear both acne and color blindness
- Severe wart condition resolved for 10-year-old girl after her mother discovers the core issue with EFT
- Skin eruption easily handled by EFT Novice
- Finding the emotion behind the severe skin condition
- Severe skin disorder disappears
- Two one minute wonders on serious physical conditions - skin disorder and Hemochromatosis both disappear
- Five warts disappear after using EFT
- Lawyer's skin condition clears after tapping on the stress associated with being a new lawyer
- Gentle EFT and "tapping in the positive" give hope to a heart patient
- Improved heart rhythm and blood pressure
- Did EFT improve Harold's heart arrhythmia?
- New Stress Management Tool Reduces Blood Pressure Without Drugs
- New Method Simultaneously Reduces 6 Heart Disease Risk Factors
- EFT used to assist recovery from Open Heart Surgery
- Heart surgery patient uses EFT to breathe more easily
- EFT Works for Woman with Pseudo Heart Attack
- Evidence that an emotional issue caused Heart Arrhythmia
- EFT for heart arrhythmia -- Lorie gets herself out of the way -- 10 month follow-up reveals no symptoms
- Using EFT for heart palpitations
- EFT for heartburn - long term relief for GERD
- Digestive System
- Rumbling intestines relieved at 3am
- Irritable Bowel Symptoms disappear after resolving an emotional issue
- Step by step through a first class Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) case
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome fades in 4 brief EFT sessions
- What to do when you really "gotta go"
- Mary's gastric pressure had an interesting cause -- was this really a gall bladder problem?
- Dizziness and intestinal discomfort disappear - EFT for specific events did the job
How to use EFT to get to sleep easily
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Pat Carrington, PhD gives us several useful pointers on this all too prevalent problem.
There is almost no one who doesn't occasionally have difficulty falling asleep. There are also many people who find it extremely difficult to fall asleep with any ease night after night –– it is an habitual problem for them. This article is for both types of people. EFT can be a wonderful help in bringing on a restful sleep easily and quickly even if you usually lie awake tossing and turning.
Let me say a word first about the tapping procedure itself and sleep. Tapping is a rather vigorous physical activity even if done lightly and it can make you more alert rather than more sleepy. If you are going to use EFT for the purpose of getting to sleep I suggest that you use one of the following alternatives to tapping:
- Use the Touch and Breathe method. To do this, lightly touch each EFT spot in turn and each time take a deep easy breath without any forcing (it should be a comfortable natural breath). After this breath say or think your EFT reminder phrase. Touching a spot takes far less effort than tapping it and this can be very helpful when you want to bring on sleep.
- Don’t engage in any physical activity but simply visualize each EFT spot in your mind as you say or think your Reminder Phrases. Many people find that they can do this very easily and it is just as effective for them as tapping. They may also be able to repeat the EFT phrases mentally and get just as strong an effect as if they were saying them out loud. However, some people do not find doing EFT mentally to be as effective as using either using a physical touch or the sound of their own voice. If this is the case for you, I suggest you just whisper the phrase to yourself as quietly as possible and touch the EFT spots lightly with your fingers without tapping. You do not want to disturb the quiet mood that you are trying to create.
IMPORTANT: A crucial factor to keep in mind when formulating an EFT statement to help go to sleep is not to tell yourself directly to go to sleep. For many people an EFT statement that directs them to go to sleep merely creates resistance. We tend to dislike being told what to do –– even by ourselves! As a result if we do this we may find ourselves more wakeful than ever because we’ve been “told” we must get to sleep. An EFT statement I find extremely useful in such instances is:
“Even though I'm having trouble getting to sleep, I choose to feel pleasantly drowsy."
The fact is that if you begin to feel “pleasantly drowsy” you will more than likely drift off into sleep pretty soon. You have bypassed your natural resistance to being “told” to sleep and are allowing drowsiness to take the natural course that it wants to take. Even if you should lie awake for a while and be “pleasantly drowsy” that is an extremely beneficial state to be in.
Thoughts That Can Prevent Sleep
1. One of the most prevalent mental activities that goes on when you cannot readily get to sleep, is worrying about some current situation or trying to find a solution to it. Both these things feel as though they were urgently necessary –– somehow you become convinced that you MUST solve this problem or worry about it –– NOW. A very useful EFT statement to use if you are facing this kind of dilemma is to use the EFT Choices phrase:
“I choose to allow my subconscious to work it out while I am sleeping peacefully.”
The fact is that your subconscious is often much better able to solve your problem, whatever it may be, than a wakeful tossing “you” could possibly be. We all know that many famous inventions have occurred to their originators during sleep. Sleep it is an excellent problem solving time when your creative resources can be mobilized powerfully.
2. Another reason for prolonged wakefulness is that you begin to worry about whether you will get enough sleep! This is a self-defeating maneuver which can often be counteracted by the following EFT statement:
“Even though I'm scared that I won't get enough sleep, I choose to feel so relaxed and peaceful that it won't make any difference.”
By saying this you are taking the pressure off of yourself to “go to sleep” and therefore you will probably not create as much resistance to the onset of sleep. The truth is that if you allow yourself to lie in bed deeply relaxed it's going to do you so much good that you don't have to worry about whether you're getting enough sleep!
3. Another familiar occurrence is a restless state where you can't seem to get comfortable no matter what position you lie in, and you have to keep moving. An excellent EFT statement for this is...
“Even though I can't get comfortable and have to keep moving, I choose to enjoy moving and stretching rhythmically and forget about sleep.”
Notice that in all these EFT Choices statements you are taking away your own DEMAND that you go to sleep. You are using a Reframe which converts the need to move and stretch into a pleasant rhythmical activity which will be beneficial and may well lead to sleep eventually.
4. The need to figure out what you're going to do about something and make an important decision is a frequent cause of sleeplessness. If you find yourself in this predicament a very useful EFT Choices statement is the following:
“Even though I feel I MUST make a decision now, I choose to put all decisions on hold and just let my thoughts drift (or “chill out” etc.)”
Here you are instructing yourself to put what seems so urgent, on hold. This can be an extremely effective maneuver.
These are only of the few of the useful EFT Choices statements that might be used to bring on a restful sleep. I suggest you be inventive in creating your own statements to suit your own circumstances. You will find that it can be remarkably effective to use EFT when you are wakeful at night.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.