- An EFT reference for student and social service use
- Helping a child release school related insecurity and anxiety - visualizing balloons as you tap
- Baerbel Froehlin gives her thoughts on working with children - toilet problems and fingernail biting
- Calming down a disruptive classroom with EFT
- EFT for trauma in elementary school
- EFT in schools: When was the last time you said thank you to a hero?
- Angie Muccillo tells why EFT is an essential tool to teach children
- 10 year old Josh learns multiplication tables rapidly
- EFT helps a child to cope with his hyperactivity and murdered dad - school grades improve
- School Counselor on anger and tension,
- Making a game of EFT calms restless preschoolers
- Success with a 6 year old: Coughing, Sleep problem and School anger issue
- 45 minutes of EFT on a learning disability brings impressive benefits
- 9 year old boy uses EFT to deal successfully with divorce and school problems
- Tapping with kids before a camping trip
- Zach's fear of dogs
- Magic buttons and no more fear of the hum-hum Monster
- After EFT, 8-year-old boy no longer has fear and panic about being alone in a room
- Fear of the dark
- A two and a half year old releases a severe fear after one hour of very creative EFT
- Child's bug phobia eased quickly by EFT
- Handling a child's fear of being home alone
- A toddler's fear of water shifts to excitement in less than 5 minutes
- Child's stage fright and bullying incident eased quickly by EFT
- Fear of making a mistake, fear of peers laughing at him & bedtime fears due to TV programs.
- Tapping for a 4 year old's constipation leads to relief from her fear of death
- "Is everything poison?" and fear of spiders
- How EFT for a dental fear brought relief to both mother and daughter
- Relieving Juleus' fears
- Doing EFT with children for the fear of water
- EFT for a child
- Fear of Santa Claus
- 11 year old successfully taps for her own fear of going to camp
- Being bullied, sleeping with the lights on & fear of spiders
- The Teen who had a fear of showing his face
- Calming down an energetic one year old child
- After a few minutes of mental tapping, a baby stops screaming and falls asleep
- Creativity with severely disturbed children
- A seven year old learns EFT and calms his own ADHD
- An insecure child with behavior problems
- Did surrogate EFT calm this crying, outraged baby?
- Andrew: "There are mice in my pants"
- Helping parents whose children have autism
- An ADHD case
- AT 315 pounds, Tanya is a VERY big 12 year old.
- Surrogate EFT for a naughty boy
- AFRAID OF BEING DROWNED!
- Calming down Teddy, an emotionally disturbed boy
- Clever use of EFT for an 8 year old girl's anger
- Angry teenager
- Unsociable behavior in a 14 year old boy
- How do you neutralize extreme behavior problems in youngsters where nothing else has helped?
- Brandon's Story--anger problem becomes history
- Angry young boy overcomes an "entity within" using surrogate EFT
- EFT for influencing children to do healthy things
- Resolving issues for a frantic, hysterical baby
- Scary commercials
- Loud noises no longer bother 3 year old girl
- SURROGATE EFT calms a boy bitten by a dog and PERSISTENT EFT restores his calm sleep
- Teacher displays many EFT benefits achieved by his students
- Teenage trauma from the Columbine incident & swimming performance.
- Surrogate EFT brings peace to annoying toddler
- Three-for-one phone session - borrowing benefits for mom and two kids
- Using EFT for mosquito bites on a 3 year old - "These itchy boo-boos"
- For parents--using EFT with your own children
- Eliminating two food allergies in one session
- Flexible approach to EFT pulls 10 year old boy out of his 'Dark Place'
- Using EFT in a pediatric dental office for sensitive gag reflex
- A "must" EFT procedure for children
- Linda Wood helps very distressed 3 year old girl while mother looks on in total disbelief
- Creative uses of EFT for a child
- Surrogate EFT for two-year-old reduces fever in an hour
- EFT hastens recovery from a concussion and skull fracture
- Using EFT to self-calm an intense anger tantrum
- A simple way to handle a child's nightmare
- Surrogate EFT for a toddler
- Pain and rash leave in 90 seconds for a 10 year old boy
- Drowning related trauma relief for a 9 year old boy
- Surrogate EFT benefits both mother and child
- Did a few minutes of EFT change this child's life?
- EFT for the child who hates math - was math really the problem? "Mom, you're my hero!"
- Children--Gary's Introductory Message
- Unbearable hatred toward classmates
- Surrogate tapping clears severe diaper rash
- Successful Surrogate EFT for his daughter's rejection brings joy to Mauricio's heart
- Nancy Gnecco's cases: sleeping disorder, separation anxiety, school phobia, wetting pants, soiling pants
- Teacher helps students with non-academic issues: Abscessed tooth and batting average
- Deborah Miller introduces EFT at a children
- Some EFT guidelines for working with children
- Allergic reaction to horses--swollen eyes.
- Sept. 11, 2001 Trauma Treatment for Children
- How to help a vomiting 9 year old boy from thousands of miles away
- EFT with a 5 year old boy -- reducing childhood baggage
- Angie Muccillo emphasizes the value of tapping on childhood events
- Dyslexia and learning disabilities
- Surrogate tapping for crying baby--over the Internet
- EFT clears severe pain and retrieves a lost voice for an eleven year old girl in forty minutes
- EFT helps a 14 year old girl with emotions related to her parents
- Hand washing OCD
- Emotional underdevelopment
- Using EFT for teething pain
- EFT with 11 year old students - SATs and other issues
- Study Links Childhood Trauma to Serious Illnesses in Adults
- EFT being used by children for other children
- TappyBear helps resolve 11 year old's escalating anger and frustration - the real issues come out
- Bowling performance and driver's test anxiety
- Several short examples including: Fear of flying, Halloween costume fear, Fear of ocean waves, A baby about to cry, Broken leg pain, Student/Teacher friction, Upset student
- Kids, Chocolate, Humor and EFT
- EFT provides impressive results in the classroom
- EFT helps Nell's godson learn the times tables
- 10 year old boy overcomes food issue related to Mother's cancer
- Non-therapist relieves stress in the form of a temper tantrum
- Using EFT with kids
- Surrogate EFT eases the after effects of a sprain for a 4 year old boy
- Turning around a manipulative child
- Using EFT as a Mother
- Using EFT with children -- 9 useful thoughts
- EFT for bedwetting
- No more bedwetting--a side benefit?
- MD gives up 30 year medical practice to focus on energy work: Two boys get over bullying experience
- Four year old clears her own cold symptoms with EFT
- Dawn Murray
- EFT for an infant's sleeplessness
- Surrogate EFT calms kicking and screaming students
- Helping a restless child to go to sleep
- Surrogate EFT helps sick toddler
- EFT assists 8 year old in giving up thumb sucking
- Surrogate EFT helps a screaming baby on a plane
- EFT for compassionate newborn care -- a Transient Tachypnea (TTN) case
- Shortcut version of EFT enhances classroom performance
- When angry "Teacher-Talk" affects the student's performance
- Surrogate tapping helps restless child sleep
- Successful EFT with a four year old girl who uses her own phrasing
- Pet grief, school (math) performance & cursing/anger.
- WATER IS DANGEROUS !!
- EFT helps children who express their anger by moving their bodies
- EFT persistence brings relief to Bobby's upset stomach at the fairgrounds
- Intense childhood anger reduces to peace via mother's surrogate EFT
- Panic attacks and fear of darkness
- Teaching EFT to 11 year old children
- For children: Using EFT with rhymes
- Using EFT for an autistic child
- Magazine article highlights use of EFT for children
- Surrogate (remote) EFT used to calm children ... or ... how to be a Silent Angel
- Sleep disorder relief for a 17 year old
- Turning Students On to EFT
- Surrogate EFT to help restless kids - or is it a coincidence?
- An unsuccessful case regarding peformance in English class
- Teaching kids to tap
- EFT and Tappy Bear help a shy boy get to kindergarten
- EFT in the classroom
- Molested Boy: Shifting a life forever
- Wisdom from Bobbie Sandoz--relieving trauma at early ages
- A fun way to deliver EFT to children--and everyone gets to smile
- What to do when the student hates math
- An 8 year old girl with an "itchy lump" in her throat: A simple use of EFT
- Using EFT for a 9 year old girl diagnosed as bipolar and as having reactive attachment disorder
- Fear of rain, thunder, lightning, bugs & dogs. Relief for cramps.
- Using EFT for Colic and generally happy babies
- Tapping to clear those decisions we make as children that eventually limit us as adults
- TappyBear helps client to focus
- Car sickness
- Sports anxiety, heat sensitivity, being away from home, loneliness, fear of insects.
- Math test anxiety subsides after being traced to a specific event
- Success with surrogate tapping for a crying child
- Face hot & red, teasing, travel sickness, phobia of dead things, shyness and more.
- Elegant session with 11 year old boy for test anxiety
- EFT for pain and nightmares in 3 year old girl
- Lazy teen finds new way to study - adding the right ingredients
- More short examples including: Homesickness, Nervousness about exams & grade improvement, Nightmares after witnessing a rape and a shooting, Performance anxiety, Ear pain on an airplane.
- Perpetually terrified teenager gains major relief
- Surrogate EFT to help children sleep - a critical lesson regarding intention
- Surrogate EFT stops a child from biting others
- Using humor and metaphors while applying EFT for children: The Frog in my Throat
- Using EFT Rhymes for children
- Using EFT and Max's imagination to get rid of his headache
- Resolving a child's severe abdominal pain -- a likely Urinary Tract Infection
- EFT for babies
- When a child cannot sleep in her own room
- Stuttering child
- Surrogate EFT for a baby with hiccups
- An EFT newcomer helps her daughter
- Family effects
- 13 year old boy gets relief from uncontrollable twitching
- Tapping turns NightMares into
- What can children ages 8-13 do with EFT on their own?
- A very detailed message on a young girl's motion sickness
- Helping children sleep and socialize--AND--two lactose intolerance cases
- Teaching EFT to children - a detailed account
- Helping children to express their 0-10 feeling intensity
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Fear of flying
Gary--hi from Sharon O'Hara. I just came back from visiting relatives in Roanoke, VA, and when I changed planes in Phoenix, I found out to my dismay that I was sitting next to a woman with a year old child. Worse, the mother smiled at me apologetically and said, "I'm sorry in advance, but we just flew in from San Antonio and my daughter cried the entire time." I said that I knew something that might help, but that we had to start with her, the mother's fear for her daughter. The mother immediately said that she was afraid of flying anyway and she was game for anything.
So as we were sitting there waiting to take off I did a round of touch and breathe with the EFT points and we took off. The child and mom were both fine the entire trip. The mother said that she thought it worked because she knew that I could help her if she or her child got upset, so she didn't get upset. Whatever.
GC COMMENT: This "explain it away feature often happens because people have a hard time digesting that this strange, belief violating procedure was responsible for the relief."
At least I had a better flight myself.
Gary--I know that you've had these mother/child ones before, but it still feels like magic when it happens to you . . . sharon o
Halloween costume fear
At a recent Halloween Party my 4 year old daughter and I both saw a gory costume that made us shudder. We both had a hard time erasing the image from our minds so when we got home we tapped on her (I later tapped myself) and after only two rounds she was able to go to sleep peacefully. She could still bring the image up but it didn't carry the charge. Plus, she thought it was kind of fun...
Fear of ocean waves
A favorite of my many experiences with children happened with a generally fearful 4-year-old getting anxious while swimming on the edge of the ocean and running frantically from each wave that rolled in. I began to tap on the spot under his eye as his anxiety level visibly dropped. He then went into the water and stayed, while tapping on himself whenever a wave rolled in.
After the first few waves, he was able to stop tapping and swim happily, only occasionally tapping on himself whenever a slightly larger wave arrived. I noticed that this child was generally less anxious following this experience, and I received a drawing of himself in the water with a sad face, and then a happy face, signed with a "Thank you."
With aloha, Bobbie Sandoz
A baby about to cry
Hi, Gary! This is such a tiny instance, but life is full of tiny instances..., so here it is:
About a month ago (shortly after the Cleveland EFT workshop), I was in the elevator of a large, very busy hotel. A family got on and the father placed a carrier holding a little baby on the floor. I looked down. The baby's face was sweet, and he (she?) seemed to be sleeping. Suddenly, his face scrunched up, the way a baby's does right before he cries. I did a quick internal check (my intention is not to have control over the baby's behavior, and if the baby needs to cry to alert his parents to something that is wrong, I don't want to interfere with that; but likely the motor of the elevator and the constant starts and stops were the problem.)
I was filled with a sense of 'We are all one' and the baby's discomfort was mine.
I opened my heart to him and started tapping mentally on him: EB, SE, UE, CB; for whatever reason I didn't do the other points, but did these three times, keeping my eyes glued to the baby to see if I was causing further disturbance, in which case I'd stop. But moments after I started, his face started to relax again, and by the time we reached the first floor, he was back to where he was in the beginning, resting comfortably. It all happened so quickly, relatively, the father never even had reason to look down again at the infant. Of course, I don't know if what I did made the difference, but I suspect it did. I don't think I have ever seen a baby not cry once the face started to move into that expression without intervention (e.g. a mother picking her up). I also don't know if it was the unconditional love that I poured out to him or the tapping that made the difference, but I wouldn't dream of tapping without loving, and that wasn't the time to 'experiment'; my goal was to relieve his discomfort.
I was awed and grateful to have been on the elevator. It was a tiny thing, and yet to relieve the discomfort, even minor, or another being is not a tiny thing. I am still filled with gratitude for being privileged to have that interaction with the unknown baby.
Broken leg pain
Once I learned EFT I was often offering to tap on my children for various reasons. They were skeptical and would give me and adamant "No Mom!" Last winter my 11 year old son broke his leg skiing. After waiting more than an hour for a physician to look at him and remove the splint, I offered again to tap on him as I saw he was in much pain. At first he said "No". I said "Lee, it maybe it will help."
In his desperation he agreed to allow it. Shortly after I began tapping he relaxed and appeared in much less pain. After that experience he was sent home to wait until Monday for the OR to be available. He was in much pain and would often ask me to do that thing that takes the pain away. He became a believer.
What a great idea to have a special section on children. I have been wanting to share ideas with others who are using EFT with kids and ideas for making it more acceptable. Here's one success story.
I work in a children's residential psychiatric facility. One day one of the teachers came to me and said "Do something with this boy...he can't come back to class until he settles down!" The teacher and boy were obviously furious with one another and the air was electric with the mood.
"Jason" quickly related that the teacher had been "an asshole" and he hated him. But didn't want to miss school and get behind on his work. I mentioned that I had been learning a very simple but rather strange technique where you tap on acupuncture meridians to help calm yourself down. The boy agreed he would like to try it.
We tapped on "I hate the a__hole!" for one round. He stood up and cracked every joint in his body and said he was feeling much better. He still had SUDs of 3. So we tapped one more round on "still some upset with the teacher". On the completion of that round he announced he felt perfectly calm and was ready to go back and debrief with the teacher.
We did and he managed to be polite, assertive and calm throughout the discussion - even though the teacher was still rather charged in his negativity (I offered later to tap on him but he was not willing). Jason returned to school and managed the next 4 hours without incident.
During the tapping and related discussion Jason admitted that the teacher reminded him of his very controlling father. Since I was not his main worker I did not get into that layer of the problem but suggested he could work on it later using the same technique.
What a gift if we could educate teachers in EFT so they could teach it to their students!
Blessings Gary, Love Karen Ledger
I haven't written before, but I've been enjoying your website. I learned tapping from Charles Figley at a Trauma and Loss workshop three years ago. Shortly after that I tried tapping with a young female client. I think she was about ten years old. I went to her classroom to get her for our session. The teacher said she was very upset, but didn't know why. I never did find out why. I took the tearful girl to our little room, but she wouldn't talk. So I told her I wanted to do something very silly with her. First I asked her to draw a line on the blackboard to represent how big her yucky feeling was. Then I took her through the procedure two or three times. By the time we were done, she was all smiles and giggles, and couldn't even remember why she was crying. I've not had the opportunity to use this with children since, but it has been very helpful with my adult clients. Thank you for all the wonderful info on your site.
Alice Finnamore, L. Psyc.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.