- A procedure for smoking and other addictions--80% success rate
- Persistent EFT to help a client quit smoking at her own pace
- EFT works nicely for a skeptical smoker
- Rapid relief for a smoking addiction
- EFT ends a strong addiction to smoking cigarettes
- Dialogues with Smokers--Parts I & II
- New Smoking Cessation Program Resolves the Real Reason that People Smoke
- How cigarette cravings led to major emotional release with EFT
- I quit smoking with EFT by using rebellion as a cause
- Smoking addiction subsides after finding unusual habit
- EFT for a very clever smoker - two months with no need for a cigarette
- Smoking urge subsides after EFT collapses a betrayal issue
- Client stops smoking after addressing "manly" issue
- An ultra easy smoking cessation case
- Heavy smoker quits after resolving core issue
- Self-Applied Acupressure Technique May Prevent Tobacco from Killing One Billion People
- EFT for a food craving also eliminated a cigarette craving
- Smoking addiction
- Surrogate EFT eliminates smoking addiction
- EFT and Inner Theater for Parts Work for quitting smoking
- Smoking, OCD & phobias
- A case where cigarette cravings turned out to be a form of self-punishment
- EFT rapidly curbs cigarette cravings
- A "One Session Wonder" for quitting smoking
- EFT's "Tell the Story Technique" releases alcohol-related anger feelings
- Alcoholic eliminates desire for alcohol by addressing "state" ness
- Budweiser beer - evidence that emotions cause addictions
- Detox relief from pain killers, migraine headaches and alcohol
- Using EFT for a headache provides aid to alcohol recovery
- A report from a "hopeless" binge drinking client
- Using EFT for unresolved grief aids an alcohol problem as a side benefit
- Emphatic tapping for a sugar addiction
- Hitting a chocolate craving head on
- Finding out what really caused a food craving
- Over 30 pounds and counting....
- EFT helps morbidly obese woman to stop feeling hungry
- Using EFT for a caffeine addiction
- Is it safe to drop those pounds?
- EFT for ice cream cravings
- Successful EFT reframing of a Coke & Pepsi addiction
- EFT eliminates 40 year addiction to coffee - 9 month follow-up
- EFT for a chocolate addiction brings about physical symptoms -- all gone in 10 minutes
- The core issue behind a cookie craving
- What was REALLY behind those cravings?
- Chocolate cravings have their root in childhood poverty
- Finding the core issue behind a sweets addiction
- Simple EFT procedure for excess food and drink consumption
- How Mary's self sabotage kept her from slimming down
- Overcoming a Food Craving
- Melissa gets to the root of her sugar addiction - Followup included
- An ice cream addiction fades after quality detective work by Carol Solomon
- A success formula for self-sabotage eliminates binge eating
- Jane no longer wants those potato chips
- Sugar cravings subside with persistent and consistent EFT
- All traces of
- EFT and nail biting. A one minute wonder
- Chewing tobacco addiction aided by surrogate tapping
- EFT ends secret addiction to inhalants and clears the core issue
- 23 Year Hair Pulling Compulsive Disorder Ends at an EFT Workshop
- Successful 21 month follow up on a 20 year chewing tobacco addiction.
- EFT for hoarding (OCD)
- Success with Addictions using EFT
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder regarding AIDS
- After tapping, Carol
- Recovering Addicts Lose Nicotine Cravings in Record Time
- 60 year soap opera 'addiction' vanishes as a side benefit of EFT
- Touching trichotillomania tale
- EFT in 12 Step programs - a perfect place to address specific events
- Brief uses of EFT collapses hair pulling problem (trichotillomania)
- EFT for a gambling addiction
- EFT succeeds with hand washing compulsion in minutes
- An Example of Using Reframes with Addictive Behavior
- Chewing tobacco habit--A humorous look at an extreme Apex problem
- A self administered approach to addictions
Chewing tobacco habit--A humorous look at an extreme Apex problem
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
New clients to EFT often have a difficult time digesting the fact that this strange appearing method was responsible for their impressive results. Instead, they tend to explain away their benefits and attribute them to other means. This phenomenon is so frequent that it has a name -- The Apex Problem. As you will see, Dawn Norton's client took this Apex Problem to a humorous extreme.
I remember when I first downloaded the manual, reading with interest about the Apex problem. I thought it was such an interesting concept; that a person could be helped profoundly and then explain it away. The more I used the DVDs and had tremendous success with myself, my family, friends, and strangers, I began to see those who would tell me the reasons why it couldn’t have possibly been EFT.
One of those was my own brother. While visiting him early this year, I spent a couple of minutes with him on his chewing tobacco habit. He immediately lost his desire to chew, but explained it away with, "you just took my mind off of it." Well, he's a big burly former Marine with a soft inside. Who am I to argue? I checked back with him once and he was still chewing, so I dropped it. He really wasn't interested anyway.
The amazing thing is what he told me this week. I learned he was in a serious car accident. So after finding out that he was all right and, fortunately, his injuries were minor compared to what they could have been, I offered to help him with his pain.
Before we made the appointment he mentioned that he wanted to work on his chewing problem. Really? And then he proceeded to tell me that after I had tapped with him for only two minutes, he proceeded to suffer through a few months of hating the taste of tobacco! He said he couldn't stand the taste, but he couldn't let me be right!! I almost fell over. That is Apex to the max. He was willing to suffer through hating chewing, when he could have easily given it up, just so that he could prove it didn't work. I found it quite hilarious.
We did work on his injuries with varied successes on pain and swelling in his knee and dislocated shoulder. It will take more work to resolve it all. But, when we ended our phone session, he reminded me that he wanted to work on the chewing problem. This time I expect total success and hopefully he will be willing to accept that success with no apex problem.
Dawn Norton, EFT-ADV
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.