- EFT works nicely for a skeptical smoker
- A procedure for smoking and other addictions--80% success rate
- Persistent EFT to help a client quit smoking at her own pace
- Dialogues with Smokers--Parts I & II
- Rapid relief for a smoking addiction
- EFT ends a strong addiction to smoking cigarettes
- How cigarette cravings led to major emotional release with EFT
- I quit smoking with EFT by using rebellion as a cause
- New Smoking Cessation Program Resolves the Real Reason that People Smoke
- EFT for a very clever smoker - two months with no need for a cigarette
- Smoking urge subsides after EFT collapses a betrayal issue
- Smoking addiction subsides after finding unusual habit
- An ultra easy smoking cessation case
- Heavy smoker quits after resolving core issue
- Client stops smoking after addressing "manly" issue
- EFT for a food craving also eliminated a cigarette craving
- Smoking addiction
- Self-Applied Acupressure Technique May Prevent Tobacco from Killing One Billion People
- EFT and Inner Theater for Parts Work for quitting smoking
- Smoking, OCD & phobias
- Surrogate EFT eliminates smoking addiction
- EFT rapidly curbs cigarette cravings
- A "One Session Wonder" for quitting smoking
- A case where cigarette cravings turned out to be a form of self-punishment
- EFT's "Tell the Story Technique" releases alcohol-related anger feelings
- Alcoholic eliminates desire for alcohol by addressing "state" ness
- Budweiser beer - evidence that emotions cause addictions
- Detox relief from pain killers, migraine headaches and alcohol
- Using EFT for a headache provides aid to alcohol recovery
- A report from a "hopeless" binge drinking client
- Using EFT for unresolved grief aids an alcohol problem as a side benefit
- Finding out what really caused a food craving
- Emphatic tapping for a sugar addiction
- Hitting a chocolate craving head on
- Using EFT for a caffeine addiction
- Over 30 pounds and counting....
- EFT helps morbidly obese woman to stop feeling hungry
- EFT for ice cream cravings
- Successful EFT reframing of a Coke & Pepsi addiction
- Is it safe to drop those pounds?
- EFT for a chocolate addiction brings about physical symptoms -- all gone in 10 minutes
- The core issue behind a cookie craving
- EFT eliminates 40 year addiction to coffee - 9 month follow-up
- Chocolate cravings have their root in childhood poverty
- Finding the core issue behind a sweets addiction
- What was REALLY behind those cravings?
- How Mary's self sabotage kept her from slimming down
- Overcoming a Food Craving
- Simple EFT procedure for excess food and drink consumption
- An ice cream addiction fades after quality detective work by Carol Solomon
- A success formula for self-sabotage eliminates binge eating
- Melissa gets to the root of her sugar addiction - Followup included
- Sugar cravings subside with persistent and consistent EFT
- Jane no longer wants those potato chips
- Chewing tobacco addiction aided by surrogate tapping
- All traces of
- EFT and nail biting. A one minute wonder
- 23 Year Hair Pulling Compulsive Disorder Ends at an EFT Workshop
- Successful 21 month follow up on a 20 year chewing tobacco addiction.
- EFT ends secret addiction to inhalants and clears the core issue
- Success with Addictions using EFT
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder regarding AIDS
- EFT for hoarding (OCD)
- Recovering Addicts Lose Nicotine Cravings in Record Time
- After tapping, Carol
- Touching trichotillomania tale
- 60 year soap opera 'addiction' vanishes as a side benefit of EFT
- Brief uses of EFT collapses hair pulling problem (trichotillomania)
- EFT in 12 Step programs - a perfect place to address specific events
- EFT succeeds with hand washing compulsion in minutes
- EFT for a gambling addiction
- A self administered approach to addictions
- An Example of Using Reframes with Addictive Behavior
- Chewing tobacco habit--A humorous look at an extreme Apex problem
EFT rapidly curbs cigarette cravings
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
One of the more practical uses for EFT is to diminish the current cravings for addictive substances (everything from chocolate to heroin). In this case, Ted Robinson uses it successfully for his client's cigarette cravings.
Here's one about how to help someone who wanted to smoke a cigarette due to their anxiety about being in jail. As you know, I'm a criminal defense attorney and during a first conference with the family of a prospective client, the client's brother came into my office to arrange to retain me. While telling me all the details of the case, the brother shared that he had just come from jail where he had seen his sister and found out all the facts of the case.
As he told me about having to go into the jail to see her, he became visibly nervous and anxious and explained that it was when the jail doors slammed shut that he was most upset because he always had a great fear of being kept behind bars himself.
As soon as he had finished telling me about his visit to jail, he started to excuse himself without explaining why. The other members of the family told me that he had to go outside to smoke a cigarette to calm himself due to his nervousness.
At that point, I gently challenged him to try a simple technique that I often use (EFT) and see if he still wanted to go outside to smoke his cigarette. He agreed and we started out with the Setup saying, Even though I really need to smoke my cigarette, I love and accept myself anyway. Well, as you might expect, there were a few laughs as he said this and a few more as I offered, Even though I have to have this cigarette right now because of how I felt when I went inside that jail today, I accept myself anyway.
We then did the sequence by tapping all the shortcut points and saying reminder phrases such as, I've gotta have this cigarette ... I was so nervous when I was in that jail ... I always feared that I would wind up in jail one day and that happened today ... Even though I was just visiting it felt like I was the one in jail...
By the end of one short round of tapping I asked him if he still wanted to go outside and smoke his cigarette. He looked very relaxed and said, "No, but could you do that again?" I asked why and he said not only did he no longer want a cigarette; he was so relaxed he thought he might fall asleep.
Its always an amazing experience when you see someone who has had a life long fear of one thing (in this case, jail) project it onto another thing (his cigarette) and get full relief from both in such a short period of time.
Hope this helps someone else.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.