- An EFT reference for student and social service use
- Baerbel Froehlin gives her thoughts on working with children - toilet problems and fingernail biting
- Helping a child release school related insecurity and anxiety - visualizing balloons as you tap
- Calming down a disruptive classroom with EFT
- EFT for trauma in elementary school
- EFT in schools: When was the last time you said thank you to a hero?
- Angie Muccillo tells why EFT is an essential tool to teach children
- 10 year old Josh learns multiplication tables rapidly
- EFT helps a child to cope with his hyperactivity and murdered dad - school grades improve
- School Counselor on anger and tension,
- Making a game of EFT calms restless preschoolers
- Success with a 6 year old: Coughing, Sleep problem and School anger issue
- 45 minutes of EFT on a learning disability brings impressive benefits
- 9 year old boy uses EFT to deal successfully with divorce and school problems
- Zach's fear of dogs
- Magic buttons and no more fear of the hum-hum Monster
- Tapping with kids before a camping trip
- Fear of the dark
- A two and a half year old releases a severe fear after one hour of very creative EFT
- After EFT, 8-year-old boy no longer has fear and panic about being alone in a room
- Child's bug phobia eased quickly by EFT
- Handling a child's fear of being home alone
- A toddler's fear of water shifts to excitement in less than 5 minutes
- Child's stage fright and bullying incident eased quickly by EFT
- Fear of making a mistake, fear of peers laughing at him & bedtime fears due to TV programs.
- Tapping for a 4 year old's constipation leads to relief from her fear of death
- "Is everything poison?" and fear of spiders
- How EFT for a dental fear brought relief to both mother and daughter
- Relieving Juleus' fears
- Doing EFT with children for the fear of water
- Fear of Santa Claus
- EFT for a child
- Being bullied, sleeping with the lights on & fear of spiders
- The Teen who had a fear of showing his face
- 11 year old successfully taps for her own fear of going to camp
- Calming down an energetic one year old child
- After a few minutes of mental tapping, a baby stops screaming and falls asleep
- Creativity with severely disturbed children
- A seven year old learns EFT and calms his own ADHD
- An insecure child with behavior problems
- Did surrogate EFT calm this crying, outraged baby?
- Andrew: "There are mice in my pants"
- Helping parents whose children have autism
- An ADHD case
- AT 315 pounds, Tanya is a VERY big 12 year old.
- Surrogate EFT for a naughty boy
- AFRAID OF BEING DROWNED!
- Calming down Teddy, an emotionally disturbed boy
- Clever use of EFT for an 8 year old girl's anger
- Angry teenager
- Unsociable behavior in a 14 year old boy
- How do you neutralize extreme behavior problems in youngsters where nothing else has helped?
- Brandon's Story--anger problem becomes history
- Angry young boy overcomes an "entity within" using surrogate EFT
- EFT for influencing children to do healthy things
- Loud noises no longer bother 3 year old girl
- SURROGATE EFT calms a boy bitten by a dog and PERSISTENT EFT restores his calm sleep
- Teacher displays many EFT benefits achieved by his students
- Teenage trauma from the Columbine incident & swimming performance.
- Surrogate EFT brings peace to annoying toddler
- Three-for-one phone session - borrowing benefits for mom and two kids
- Using EFT for mosquito bites on a 3 year old - "These itchy boo-boos"
- For parents--using EFT with your own children
- Eliminating two food allergies in one session
- Flexible approach to EFT pulls 10 year old boy out of his 'Dark Place'
- Using EFT in a pediatric dental office for sensitive gag reflex
- A "must" EFT procedure for children
- Linda Wood helps very distressed 3 year old girl while mother looks on in total disbelief
- Creative uses of EFT for a child
- Surrogate EFT for two-year-old reduces fever in an hour
- Resolving issues for a frantic, hysterical baby
- Scary commercials
- EFT hastens recovery from a concussion and skull fracture
- Using EFT to self-calm an intense anger tantrum
- A simple way to handle a child's nightmare
- Surrogate EFT for a toddler
- Pain and rash leave in 90 seconds for a 10 year old boy
- Drowning related trauma relief for a 9 year old boy
- Surrogate EFT benefits both mother and child
- Did a few minutes of EFT change this child's life?
- EFT for the child who hates math - was math really the problem? "Mom, you're my hero!"
- Children--Gary's Introductory Message
- Unbearable hatred toward classmates
- Surrogate tapping clears severe diaper rash
- Successful Surrogate EFT for his daughter's rejection brings joy to Mauricio's heart
- Nancy Gnecco's cases: sleeping disorder, separation anxiety, school phobia, wetting pants, soiling pants
- Teacher helps students with non-academic issues: Abscessed tooth and batting average
- Deborah Miller introduces EFT at a children
- Some EFT guidelines for working with children
- Allergic reaction to horses--swollen eyes.
- Sept. 11, 2001 Trauma Treatment for Children
- How to help a vomiting 9 year old boy from thousands of miles away
- EFT with a 5 year old boy -- reducing childhood baggage
- Angie Muccillo emphasizes the value of tapping on childhood events
- Dyslexia and learning disabilities
- Surrogate tapping for crying baby--over the Internet
- EFT clears severe pain and retrieves a lost voice for an eleven year old girl in forty minutes
- EFT helps a 14 year old girl with emotions related to her parents
- Hand washing OCD
- Emotional underdevelopment
- Using EFT for teething pain
- EFT with 11 year old students - SATs and other issues
- Study Links Childhood Trauma to Serious Illnesses in Adults
- EFT being used by children for other children
- TappyBear helps resolve 11 year old's escalating anger and frustration - the real issues come out
- Bowling performance and driver's test anxiety
- Several short examples including: Fear of flying, Halloween costume fear, Fear of ocean waves, A baby about to cry, Broken leg pain, Student/Teacher friction, Upset student
- Kids, Chocolate, Humor and EFT
- EFT provides impressive results in the classroom
- EFT helps Nell's godson learn the times tables
- 10 year old boy overcomes food issue related to Mother's cancer
- Non-therapist relieves stress in the form of a temper tantrum
- Using EFT with kids
- Surrogate EFT eases the after effects of a sprain for a 4 year old boy
- Turning around a manipulative child
- Using EFT as a Mother
- Using EFT with children -- 9 useful thoughts
- EFT for bedwetting
- No more bedwetting--a side benefit?
- MD gives up 30 year medical practice to focus on energy work: Two boys get over bullying experience
- Four year old clears her own cold symptoms with EFT
- Dawn Murray
- Helping a restless child to go to sleep
- Surrogate EFT helps sick toddler
- EFT assists 8 year old in giving up thumb sucking
- Surrogate EFT helps a screaming baby on a plane
- EFT for compassionate newborn care -- a Transient Tachypnea (TTN) case
- Shortcut version of EFT enhances classroom performance
- When angry "Teacher-Talk" affects the student's performance
- Surrogate tapping helps restless child sleep
- Successful EFT with a four year old girl who uses her own phrasing
- Pet grief, school (math) performance & cursing/anger.
- WATER IS DANGEROUS !!
- EFT helps children who express their anger by moving their bodies
- EFT persistence brings relief to Bobby's upset stomach at the fairgrounds
- Intense childhood anger reduces to peace via mother's surrogate EFT
- Panic attacks and fear of darkness
- Teaching EFT to 11 year old children
- EFT for an infant's sleeplessness
- Surrogate EFT calms kicking and screaming students
- Surrogate (remote) EFT used to calm children ... or ... how to be a Silent Angel
- Sleep disorder relief for a 17 year old
- Turning Students On to EFT
- Surrogate EFT to help restless kids - or is it a coincidence?
- An unsuccessful case regarding peformance in English class
- Teaching kids to tap
- EFT and Tappy Bear help a shy boy get to kindergarten
- EFT in the classroom
- Molested Boy: Shifting a life forever
- Wisdom from Bobbie Sandoz--relieving trauma at early ages
- A fun way to deliver EFT to children--and everyone gets to smile
- What to do when the student hates math
- An 8 year old girl with an "itchy lump" in her throat: A simple use of EFT
- For children: Using EFT with rhymes
- Using EFT for an autistic child
- Magazine article highlights use of EFT for children
- Car sickness
- Sports anxiety, heat sensitivity, being away from home, loneliness, fear of insects.
- Math test anxiety subsides after being traced to a specific event
- Success with surrogate tapping for a crying child
- Face hot & red, teasing, travel sickness, phobia of dead things, shyness and more.
- Elegant session with 11 year old boy for test anxiety
- EFT for pain and nightmares in 3 year old girl
- Lazy teen finds new way to study - adding the right ingredients
- More short examples including: Homesickness, Nervousness about exams & grade improvement, Nightmares after witnessing a rape and a shooting, Performance anxiety, Ear pain on an airplane.
- Perpetually terrified teenager gains major relief
- Surrogate EFT to help children sleep - a critical lesson regarding intention
- Surrogate EFT stops a child from biting others
- Using EFT for a 9 year old girl diagnosed as bipolar and as having reactive attachment disorder
- Fear of rain, thunder, lightning, bugs & dogs. Relief for cramps.
- Using EFT for Colic and generally happy babies
- Tapping to clear those decisions we make as children that eventually limit us as adults
- TappyBear helps client to focus
- When a child cannot sleep in her own room
- Stuttering child
- Surrogate EFT for a baby with hiccups
- An EFT newcomer helps her daughter
- Family effects
- 13 year old boy gets relief from uncontrollable twitching
- Tapping turns NightMares into
- What can children ages 8-13 do with EFT on their own?
- A very detailed message on a young girl's motion sickness
- Helping children sleep and socialize--AND--two lactose intolerance cases
- Teaching EFT to children - a detailed account
- Helping children to express their 0-10 feeling intensity
- Using humor and metaphors while applying EFT for children: The Frog in my Throat
- Using EFT Rhymes for children
- Using EFT and Max's imagination to get rid of his headache
- Resolving a child's severe abdominal pain -- a likely Urinary Tract Infection
- EFT for babies
Andrew: "There are mice in my pants"
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to (1) consult The Gold Standard EFT Tapping Tutorial, (2) Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Children respond very well to EFT. However .... and this is a BIG however .... you simply MUST gain rapport to maximize EFT's use for them. Otherwise, they may become restless, distracted and uncooperative. I've had good success by improvising a "tapping game" with them.
Jan Bennett-Collier, Cht displays superb rapport skills in her successful case with "Andrew", a 3 year old boy who was convinced he had mice in his pants. Please note her approaches at rapport and her languaging skills.
At the end of her article, Jan also describes another case with a 7 year old girl who was upset before a funeral.
I had to write you about a delightful EFT experience I had with a little three year old boy who thought he had mice in his pants.
Andrew had been visiting his grandparents on their farm when a field mouse was found in the house early in the afternoon. By evening his active imagination had gotten away with him on the mouse issue and he was completely, distressingly convinced there were mice in his pants. As dinner at a local restaurant progressed, he became so upset that his parents removed his pants to 'prove' there were no mice. But he wouldn't dress again and they ended up leaving with their dinner in to-go boxes and Andrew wailing in their arms. All the way home in the vehicle, he cried and was adamant that the mice were getting him. Finally, in desperation, they called me at 9:30 pm to ask if I would see him.
When little Andrew and his mom walked into my living room together he was moving like a child in wet britches, walking slowly and rather stiff-legged like he didn't want the fabric to touch his legs. Mom excused herself to the restroom while I urged him onto the sofa beside me and removed his shoes, telling him they might make the sofa dirty. Actually I wanted them off for ease of pants removal if that became necessary. He was quiet but obviously upset with his little face all tight and 'squenched up' and he was wringing his hands in a way that perfectly fit the 'squenched up' phrase. It was apparent these mice were very real to him.
I asked him about the mice at his grandparents and he answered, "There are mice in my pants."
"Oh, really? Where?" I asked.
He was wearing heavy corduroy long pants and tentatively pointed to a place where they naturally bunched up away from his skin. "There."
I pressed down on the spot and of course there was nothing there, but that effort didn't relieve him in any way. "Andrew, would you play a little game with me about making the mice go away?"
His little face was cast downward, rather tucked under my arm as he sat beside me, so I tapped as best I could without making it too obvious and uncomfortable to look up, skipping the underarm altogether for the same reason.
First round set up, "Even though there are mice in my pants and I don't want them there, my mommy loves me and I'm a cool kid." He sat quietly and let me do it for him.
Second round, same set up, he used his own fingers to tap with me.
By the third round set up, we changed to, "Even though the mice are getting me, they have to go outside (his own words at this point) 'cause I'm the boss of me." He spoke the words well, willingly repeating after me and tapping with his own fingers including under the arm. I had tried to show him the spot and we discovered it was too ticklish!
At this point I asked him if the mice were still there in his pants. He looked at me quizzically and said they were at his house. At that point his mom picked up the cell phone and called dad to tell him to be sure the mice were let outside. We could hear dad respond that he was right then taking care of it.
We tapped another round on, "The mice at my house have to go outside 'cause I'm the boss of me." He seemed to like this phrase and I told mom in an aside that I hoped I hadn't created a later problem for her! He tapped willingly and spoke the set up without much prompting. All signs of distress had disappeared and, in fact, I thought he was about to fall asleep beside me. Mom took him home, a 20 minute drive, and called to say he hadn't mentioned mice at all on the way.
A follow-up call the next noon also gave a "no mice!" report and though I attended his birthday party two days later, he never mentioned the mice or our tapping game. His father, whom I had previously seen for panic attacks which happened on highway overpasses was absolutely amazed and delighted.
As an interesting note, I had just the previous night used EFT over the phone with a seven year old girl for anxiety stomach ache. The mother had just gone through a stillbirth labor and the baby was to be buried the following day.
I had not seen her to teach the tapping points face-to-face and was somewhat concerned about my ability to convey over the phone where to tap . But I just left out the collarbone and underarm and went on telling her where else to tap and using phrases like...
"Even though I'm worried the funeral will be 'messed up' and I have this tummy ache......." "Even though I'm sad for mommy who keeps crying and it makes me nervous......" "Even though I have this tummy ache and don't think I can sleep tonight......"
I told her after she hung up the phone to look at her face in a mirror as she tapped some more before going to bed, to tap until she felt completely better. I was told at the funeral that she had tapped as instructed and slept very well.
Children are such quick studies and they are so willing. I really enjoy working with them.
Jan Bennett-Collier, CHt., EFT-CC
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.