- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Stubborn client, PTSD, hidden aspects and psychological reversal
- PTSD from a traumatic miscarriage is resolved with EFT
- Bob Patefield wipes out his own PTSD
- An EFT gift for firefighters suffering from PTSD and trauma
- EFT beginner collapses her own PTSD
- Vietnam Vet with severe PTSD sleeps through the night for the first time in 39 years
- War veteran with PTSD gets quality results with EFT
- Curing PTSD
- Pat Farrell resolves her own PTSD
- Knocking down war PTSD symptoms like dominoes
- EFT on DID and PTSD
- EFT clears PTSD -- Nassirya bombing, Iraq
- An EFT Newcomer relieves Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- How I handled my PTSD (child abuse) all by myself
- An efficient way to relieve a PTSD memory
- How I handled my PTSD (witnessing a violent crime) all by myself
- Rape by a "friend"--PTSD and suicidal thoughts
- Jeanne Ranger clears her own PTSD
- A very traumatic birth experience was at the root of this woman
- A problem staying focused and present had its roots in childhood trauma -- EFT resolved it.
- Difficulty with labor pains had its roots in childhood sexual abuse
- Chronic ear infections vanished after childhood trauma was cleared with EFT
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- EFT and the devastation of childhood abuse
- Childhood molestation--using UNDERSTAND in the Set-up phrase
- EFT and birth trauma - addressing "the fetus inside me"
- 13 years of daily abuse fades with a form of The Personal Peace Procedure
- Deborah Miller helps a man unravel how a childhood molestation affects his current relationship
- A creative way to uncover a traumatic childhood event
- An Hour and Ten Minutes (for relief of attempted murder, two assaults, rape and childhood incidents)
- Cleaning up a rape trauma
- A "one minute wonder" rape release.
- A detailed and professional session regarding EFT for rape -- with one year follow-up
- Dr. Eric Robins, MD, uses EFT to avoid surgery for urination problem
- Unique uses for EFT in the surgery room
- Did EFT or Antibiotics help this little boy?
- How to remove a cyst without surgery or lasers
- A sore throat is traced to a childhood tonsil surgery
- Rapid EFT results with an ACL tear -- Every sports team in the world would love to hear about this
- Cataract surgery goes perfectly after releasing inner child Issues
- Did Brenda really abuse her brother?
- Three dissociative disorder cases
- Rape Trauma alleviated completely in one session with EFT -- libido returns
- Three EFT sessions lift depression, anger and sexual abuse trauma
- Pat Gurnick is my hero
- War trauma--no more nightmares
- 15 minutes of EFT brings dramatic results to a Vietnam Veteran
- EFT tapping for trauma brings unexpected benefits
- EFT "Choices" for recent NYC trauma victims.
- Using EFT to negotiate with multiple personalities
- This psychiatrist uses EFT
- Borrowing Benefits brings up and collapses the Big One
- EFT newcomer resolves her own deep seated issues from childhood
- Handling the aftermath of a mugging with EFT...over the phone
- EFT used instead of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) on severe trauma with impressive results
- EFT Trauma Session Seemed Complete But Needed More Work
- Praise for the EFT Tearless Trauma Technique
- Another approach to the Movie Technique
- Handling an abuse case in a quality way
- Working with Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Rape resolved in record time
- The connection between vitiligo and a traumatic experience
- Trauma relief one week after the Sept. 11, 2001 tragedy
- EFT after an attack in the street
- Helping a lost boy and his family out in the woods - spontaneous EFT
- The value of guessing: Releasing trauma in an injured elbow
- Sexual abuse case
- EFT helps clear early date rape trauma
- Hollywood film maker resolves deep personal traumas with EFT
- Resolving the intense after effects of child birth trauma
- A Detailed and Masterful Article on Using EFT for Trauma
- Six successful sessions with a war veteran
- Criminal defense attorney does EFT with suicidal client in jail
- Expert handling of a hidden traumatic memory -- all within 30 minutes
- Listen to a successful EFT grief session with Dr. Carol Look and "Toby"
- Approaching complex trauma with EFT - The Inner Theater
- Working with trauma - the connection between EFT and the Amygdula
- Peeling away the layers of sexual abuse
- Tapping for prenatal issues brings benefits
- EFT for our Emergency First Responders
- Hives subside as traumatic incident is resolved
- Step by step through a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder case
- Digging for core issues - reconnection to a trauma that was behind hay fever symptoms
- Examples of "Stress Inoculation" through EFT...."but does it last?"
- Working with extreme trauma using a variation of the EFT Movie Technique
- Battered woman with cramped hands completes flower drawing after EFT--a one minute wonder
- Fear of dentists and oral rape
- A traumatic fall from a tree
- EFT after Hurricane Ike - Trauma Triage
- The Movie Technique for a traumatic memory and unresolved grief
- How to make EFT work when it "doesn't work."
- Lawyer resolves many personal traumas and writes testimonial letter
- K was left for dead after a Serial Killer's Attack -- EFT cleans up the traumatic aftermath
- A chiropractor helps a homicide trauma - burping is a sign of relief
- It started in a prison camp
- An EFT Formula for Specific Trauma
- A traumatized female reclaims trust in her instincts
- Hurricane Katrina survivor successfully receives EFT for trauma
- Comparing traumatic abreactions--with and without EFT
- An expert discusses EFT and sudden trauma.
- An extreme trauma with a severe abreaction--and what to do about it
- EFT in the aftermath of domestic violence
- Rapid relief from accident flashbacks
- Trauma in the trunk of a car
- Using EFT to unravel the many pieces of a child molestation
- Releasing the Trauma of placing her husband in a nursing home
- The layers of trauma
- An even more tearless trauma technique
- EFT with a Vietnam nurse - a quality use of specific events
- Where only the pros should tread.
- Successfully handling childhood molestation--a classy case by Nancy Morris
- The "emotional stunt double" process using EFT
- Persistent use of EFT brings assistance in traumatic dream
- The Sun in my Soul - EFT overhauls Kathy's life
- What would you do for your client if his son shot and killed another boy?
- EFT newcomer diffuses trauma even though he didn't know it was rape
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- Trauma relief for a Prisoner of War and a fruit phobia
- Thoughts on Abreactions and how to handle them
- Finding the trauma behind the trauma
- Delivering EFT to a macho war veteran
- Katrina Victims Enjoy New Trauma Relief Method
- Tapping on hearing traumatic stories from others - ear problems
- Rape trauma: "It just doesn't seem to bother me like it did."
- Tapping for the troops
- Using Group EFT in a school setting for a crisis
- Andrea's miscarriage
- Tearless Trauma Technique
- Creating a new emotional state for trauma sufferers
- Surrogate EFT for sleeping client dramatically clears sexual abuse
- Releasing 14 years of pent up grief and trauma
- Tip-Toeing into two car accident traumas
- How do you work with a traumatic incident that a client does not remember?
- Some tips for easing trauma survivors into using EFT
- Miranda: Repressed memory of childhood sexual abuse
- Using EFT for Trauma Relief after a major earthquake in Indonesia
- Aileen's client is an actress and no longer has "Interrogation Trauma" -- acting improves
- Trauma success in Israel--as told by the client
- Using the EFT Tell the Story Technique helps calm a rape victim
- Tina broke free from an age 12 trauma
- Using EFT when the client has a memory "blank spot"
- Using EFT after a terrorist attack
- Tapping on love pain leads Marta to her traumatic birth experience
- Using Surrogate EFT on 2-month old baby after surgery
- Group trauma treatment--CISD with EFT
- WAILING ON WALL STREET
- Releasing fear and trauma after a dog bite
- Accessing the deeper levels of trauma stored in our cellular memory
- Taking the edge off of a molestation.
- Gillian Wightman leads us expertly through a complicated "father abuse" case -- a fabulous start
- Using EFT for "womb issues"
- Email correspondence on a serious childhood abuse case
- Bringing Bev out of a semi-catatonic state
- Relieving the trauma of a car accident with EFT
- EFT newcomer taps herself out of a dissociative state during regular therapy
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
Email correspondence on a serious childhood abuse case
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to (1) consult The Gold Standard EFT Tapping Tutorial, (2) Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Previously, Marilynn Poore has graciously shared with us her efforts to overcome her severe childhood abuse. She worked with Rehana Webster on these issues and has since had ongoing email correspondence with her. This article by Rehana shows this actual correspondence and displays some important aspects for Marilynn's progress. Abuse survivors and trauma specialists should find this helpful. For ease in reading, Marilynn's words are in black and Rehana's are in blue.
Marilynn and I had paired up during the first “Master’s” testing. She would now like to share her experiences with others who have suffered childhood traumas so that it may help them to use EFT more effectively. Marilynn had previously written in to Gary regarding the immense traumas suffered during childhood. Our being paired up was not a conscious decision as we gravitated towards each other prior to the practical demonstration of EFT skills by people selected to ‘sit’ for the Masters level.
I find that when dealing with any person, who has experienced long term and intense trauma, the client needs on-going support and understanding. This relationship can become an on-going and long term one. I encourage the client to use EFT to help themselves, however I am always available when they get stuck and cannot move further without some help.
The client also needs to trust the practitioner at a deep level. All judgement has to be suspended by the practitioner and by that I mean judging how the client should/could get over their problems. The practitioner needs to have a high skill level in gaining and maintaining rapport with the client and also most importantly, to be able to move into the clients reality and map of the world inside of them. In order to help the client move forward it is paramount that the practitioner match and pace the client’s reality till the client exits from and changes the filters/beliefs they are using to keep them stuck in their problems.
Please note that I use the client’s map of reality and interweave their thoughts and words into setup statements without any sense of judgement or criticism. Most of the times I get it right and I tell my clients that if I miss the mark, they can change direction to suit themselves.
Marilynn letter to Gary
I have continued to process and learn amazing things about myself with the help of EFT. At times I have enlisted the help of Rehana Webster from New Zealand, whom you helped me to connect with at the first Masters Program July of last year.
I have included Rehana’s responses in blue to make it somewhat easier to follow. The email correspondence was over several days/weeks. I am hoping that this can help others who have on-going issues/struggles when they can’t seem to get over the trauma with EFT on their own. I am a professional therapist and I know there are times when we as professionals need some guidance from other EFT professionals.
One of the times was about bad dreams I was having. It went like this:
Rehana, I have a question for you. Every time I have a good day where things work out as I want them to and I allow myself to feel good about it, I will have bad dreams (night terrors) that wake me. Feelings of fear overwhelm me and I can't seem to shake them. Is there anything I can do to stop these dreams from happening? I have tapped before I go to bed about the dreams; I have tapped when they come up and seem to relieve some of the fear, but they keep coming back, so somehow I know I'm missing something.
The dreams always include some type of violence going on around me that I can't escape from. I know it is tied to childhood abuse that I couldn't escape from and my need for anger to just survive. Since I have released so much of the anger from our session, I feel like there is a part of me that just can't let go of that protection piece about anger. I don't feel the need for anger but the fear that was hidden by the anger is what I'm struggling with now. It seems to be holding me back from truly moving into a new life of abundance, joy and serenity that I seek. Is there anything I can focus on that will help me over this hump?
(Rehana is always there to help me see a perspective that I may be missing. These are the times when I know that I am somehow getting in the way of the EFT working for me.)
Good to hear from you and always happy to help you along your journey.
Her feedback about the bad dreams (night terrors) really hit home for me. As you will see!
This seems to be a belief system Marilynn, and a sabotaging one. Deep down there is a belief (which you mention later below). There seems to be a PR here. So you could do the collarbone breathing first and then tapping using such statements such as:
If I have a good day, then I have to have bad dreams to make up for the good day...because I’m not good enough to have a good day
I’m not allowed to have a good day and if I do, then I will have bad dreams...cause I don’t deserve to have a good day
My life has to be bad and by any chance if I do have a good day then I must make up for it by having bad dreams
I don’t deserves to have a good day and by some mistake if I do, then I have to have bad dreams to remind me that my life is bad.... etc.
You will have to use your own words Marilynn. Do you see what I'm getting at here?
(I used some of these statements word for word because they really did fit and others I changed a little. Yet she helps me also to know that there are times when I am right in what I’m thinking.)
What follows next is the times when I knew what was wrong and needed the validation:
So somehow I know I'm missing something…
I know it is tied to childhood abuse that I couldn't escape from and my need for anger to just survive.I feel like there is a part of me that just can't let go of that protection piece about anger.
You are absolutely correct Marilynn. So use...something like:
Even though part of me believes that in order to survive I must not have good days...and punishes me if I do by having bad dreams, I'm a good person etc.
Part of me believes it is not real to have good days and punishes me for having good days by giving me bad dreams...because I don’t deserves to....
It's not safe for me to have good days...
It's not safe for others if I have good days...
It's impossible for me to have good days...
It will change my identity to have good days...
I can’t forgive my self for having good days..
I can’t forgive others if I have good days...
Part of me is not willing to have good days... etc.
All the above statements are for the reversal you are experiencing, Marilynn, so this will take you a week to do...or if you are motivated you could do it in a day...and email me back to see what’s happened to the bad dreams.
I applied those statements as well, alternating at times with some choices and here is what came up and I emailed Rehana about next:
I have been tapping on the things you gave me and seem to have hit on a core issue.
One of the things that came up quite readily was acceptance of the part of me that has been giving me the bad dreams.
Another thing that I find hard to tap on that seems to be tied to this is physical pain. I will have stabbing pains in my chest and back that come and goes. It always seems to be connected to trust issues and the phrase "a stab in the back" which I try to tap on but often can't find any words for, so I usually just tap on the feelings/physical pains that I connect with until they subside. I know I am missing something as it has continued to come back.
I am doing a lot of things to move forward with my career in the EFT and my art therapy. This can be, I know is a big trigger as I am choosing to be out there in the public and can be judged by others. This always seems to be connected with my childhood abuse.
(Always following what comes up is so important. This is what happened during the course of me tapping on the things Rehana gave me.) This in particular I enjoy about the EFT:
One of the things I found myself tapping on today was no one would acknowledge me, or what was happening to me as a child. This came up as I was tapping on the feelings/physical pain.
“Even though I was never acknowledged or believed as a child, I can accept myself today, and release the anger and pain of my past”. Tapped on that while I was driving to my meeting this morning. Know that it helped as I found myself able to talk with the director of a hospice about the future plans I have of working with other hospices-, which I hadn't been able to do before. It worked out beautifully, as she was supportive of my ideas and what I told her. She even gave me some good advice to help with what I am trying to do.
This would not have been possible for me to do without some shifting in perceptions having had occurred during the previous tapping. I had not thought about doing this on my way to the meeting. It was something that seemed to spontaneously happen in the course of me being there and seeing the director.
My dream is that I am hoping to contract with other art therapists within hospices/cancer institute/schools in the Ks City areas thru my corporation to work part-time or fulltime doing art therapy. Often what I and other art therapists encounter is that they get hired as an art therapist then end up only doing a small percentage of art therapy and work doing other things the rest of the time.
Just wanted to give you an update and thank you for all the help!
Rehana continues to give me the feedback I need to work through these traumas that I want to release from my life:
Acceptance of the part of me that has been giving me the bad dreams. Every part needs to be owned and loved. More tapping to do on this for sure…
Trust issues and the phrase "a stab in the back": OK, how about stabbing pains like being stabbed in the back by someone you trusted.... connecting all the people who you trusted, who should have acted in a trusting manner, who betrayed you, who stabbed you in the back or where ever.... people who were family, close, who should be trustworthy. I try to weave a thread between betrayal and stabbing chest pains…to objectify the pain. Make the pain into an object and then change it so the client’s perspective changes.
I know this is a big trigger as I am choosing to be out there in the public and can be judged by others. This always seems to be connected with my childhood abuse. How about...they can read my mind, my thoughts, my every move so when I put myself out there, they will know me for who I am.... they will judge me and I won’t come up to their expectations...they will know I’m a fake..Etc (I’m just adlibbing here Marilynn...delete anything that doesn’t ring true)
(These statements are ones I will need to create a personal peace procedure on - as these are going to be ongoing ones I will continue to do…)
It worked out beautifully, as she was supportive of my ideas and what I told her. She even gave me some good advice to help with what I am trying to do. Well done.
It's great to see how you are moving forward and getting past your issues, overcoming them, conquering them. Well done dear. You deserve everything you dream of now. Keep on tapping and working on stuff as it comes up.
I am hoping to change that for all art therapists that work with me. I am also including the EFT within every agency I contact so I am putting the word out and slowing changing how traditional therapy is done in the area. I plan on having as many art therapists and other therapists trained in EFT within my organization to change how therapy is done in my area of the Midwest. I provide services to Kansas, Missouri and Arkansas with the EFT training and individual sessions.
This in particular is why you are reading this now:
It would be good if you shared with Gary how you are doing as you were one of the first people to volunteer your stuff at the masters and I was so fortunate to somehow be paired with you! I know he will be very happy to hear from you personally.
Much love, Rehana
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.