- EFT works nicely for a skeptical smoker
- A procedure for smoking and other addictions--80% success rate
- Persistent EFT to help a client quit smoking at her own pace
- Dialogues with Smokers--Parts I & II
- Rapid relief for a smoking addiction
- EFT ends a strong addiction to smoking cigarettes
- How cigarette cravings led to major emotional release with EFT
- I quit smoking with EFT by using rebellion as a cause
- New Smoking Cessation Program Resolves the Real Reason that People Smoke
- EFT for a very clever smoker - two months with no need for a cigarette
- Smoking urge subsides after EFT collapses a betrayal issue
- Smoking addiction subsides after finding unusual habit
- An ultra easy smoking cessation case
- Heavy smoker quits after resolving core issue
- Client stops smoking after addressing "manly" issue
- EFT for a food craving also eliminated a cigarette craving
- Smoking addiction
- Self-Applied Acupressure Technique May Prevent Tobacco from Killing One Billion People
- EFT and Inner Theater for Parts Work for quitting smoking
- Smoking, OCD & phobias
- Surrogate EFT eliminates smoking addiction
- EFT rapidly curbs cigarette cravings
- A "One Session Wonder" for quitting smoking
- A case where cigarette cravings turned out to be a form of self-punishment
- EFT's "Tell the Story Technique" releases alcohol-related anger feelings
- Alcoholic eliminates desire for alcohol by addressing "state" ness
- Budweiser beer - evidence that emotions cause addictions
- Detox relief from pain killers, migraine headaches and alcohol
- Using EFT for a headache provides aid to alcohol recovery
- A report from a "hopeless" binge drinking client
- Using EFT for unresolved grief aids an alcohol problem as a side benefit
- Finding out what really caused a food craving
- Emphatic tapping for a sugar addiction
- Hitting a chocolate craving head on
- Using EFT for a caffeine addiction
- Over 30 pounds and counting....
- EFT helps morbidly obese woman to stop feeling hungry
- EFT for ice cream cravings
- Successful EFT reframing of a Coke & Pepsi addiction
- Is it safe to drop those pounds?
- EFT for a chocolate addiction brings about physical symptoms -- all gone in 10 minutes
- The core issue behind a cookie craving
- EFT eliminates 40 year addiction to coffee - 9 month follow-up
- Chocolate cravings have their root in childhood poverty
- Finding the core issue behind a sweets addiction
- What was REALLY behind those cravings?
- How Mary's self sabotage kept her from slimming down
- Overcoming a Food Craving
- Simple EFT procedure for excess food and drink consumption
- An ice cream addiction fades after quality detective work by Carol Solomon
- A success formula for self-sabotage eliminates binge eating
- Melissa gets to the root of her sugar addiction - Followup included
- Sugar cravings subside with persistent and consistent EFT
- Jane no longer wants those potato chips
- Chewing tobacco addiction aided by surrogate tapping
- All traces of
- EFT and nail biting. A one minute wonder
- 23 Year Hair Pulling Compulsive Disorder Ends at an EFT Workshop
- Successful 21 month follow up on a 20 year chewing tobacco addiction.
- EFT ends secret addiction to inhalants and clears the core issue
- Success with Addictions using EFT
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder regarding AIDS
- EFT for hoarding (OCD)
- Recovering Addicts Lose Nicotine Cravings in Record Time
- After tapping, Carol
- Touching trichotillomania tale
- 60 year soap opera 'addiction' vanishes as a side benefit of EFT
- Brief uses of EFT collapses hair pulling problem (trichotillomania)
- EFT in 12 Step programs - a perfect place to address specific events
- EFT succeeds with hand washing compulsion in minutes
- EFT for a gambling addiction
- A self administered approach to addictions
- An Example of Using Reframes with Addictive Behavior
- Chewing tobacco habit--A humorous look at an extreme Apex problem
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder regarding AIDS
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
This case by Deborah Miller from Mexico points to the wide reaching uses for EFT. Her client had nearly instant relief from an obsessive fear of AIDS and then chose to use EFT (successfully) on insomnia. These types of issues are often complex and don't always lend themselves to such rapid resolution. It's nice to know that some of them can be handled in moments.
I would like to share with you a recent EFT success story. It is such a delight to watch someone's eyes as they realize a fear they've had for so long, disappear.
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
I met with a man who has many fears. In fact, he has obsessive compulsive disorder. He talked about having fears about almost everything, but most strongly about becoming ill. He tries to make sure that he eats well and exercises, but is as thin as a rail. He's tried other therapies and found they haven't worked for him, the fears are still there. He knows intellectually that they stem from his childhood and that he should be able to release them, but up to this point he has been unsuccessful. The thoughts go round and round in his head.
We started with his fear of getting AIDS. After beginning a relationship with his girlfriend he went to the doctors at 3 months, 6 months, 1 year and 1 year and 3 months to have an Aids test. The tests came back that he was free of Aids, but he doesn't believe the doctors. His fear still exists and as he ruminates on the idea, it grows even stronger. As he talked about the issue I could see the fear in him increasing as his body became tense and the fear could be heard in his voice. The 0-10 intensity level for him on this issue was a 10.
We did one round of tapping on the following:
Even though I have this terrible fear of getting Aids, .........
Even though I am afraid of getting any illness because of the obsessive compulsive disorder I have, .........
Even though I don't trust the doctors when they tell me I don't have Aids because I need something to fear, .........
He looked at me with surprised eyes as the fear was gone. It had gone to 0.
GC COMMENT: Please note that fears and compulsions often fall to zero in short order like this. Sometimes this result is permanent while, at other times, it "re-appears" because other aspects show up later.
DEBORAH CONTINUES: He smiled and was ready to do another one. He wanted to do fear of not sleeping well. He told me that the doctors told him that once you reach 45 years old, your testosterone levels drop and this affects your ability to sleep. The intensity level was also a 10. It dropped to 0 in one round of tapping.
We did one round of tapping on the following:
Even though I am afraid I won't sleep well because of low testosterone levels.........
Even though I am afraid of having insomnia.........
Even though I don't trust the doctor's opinion, I am afraid I won't sleep well.........
At this point he was smiling from ear to ear. He was so surprised that it worked, but was also so pleased. He was so eager to learn EFT that he asked if he could tap a round by himself with me checking that he was doing it right. We reviewed the tapping points before he began. He did another scene related to insomnia, then of having a bad dream. He naturally used the story telling method while tapping. In both cases, the intensity levels began at 10 and dropped to 0 in one round. He is excited about doing more EFT at home before our next session.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.