- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- PTSD from a traumatic miscarriage is resolved with EFT
- Stubborn client, PTSD, hidden aspects and psychological reversal
- An EFT gift for firefighters suffering from PTSD and trauma
- New Treatment for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Delivers Rapid, Long Lasting Results for Iraqi War Veterans--No Drugs Necessary
- Bob Patefield wipes out his own PTSD
- War veteran with PTSD gets quality results with EFT
- EFT beginner collapses her own PTSD
- Vietnam Vet with severe PTSD sleeps through the night for the first time in 39 years
- Knocking down war PTSD symptoms like dominoes
- Curing PTSD
- Pat Farrell resolves her own PTSD
- EFT on DID and PTSD
- EFT clears PTSD -- Nassirya bombing, Iraq
- An EFT Newcomer relieves Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- How I handled my PTSD (child abuse) all by myself
- How I handled my PTSD (witnessing a violent crime) all by myself
- An efficient way to relieve a PTSD memory
- Jeanne Ranger clears her own PTSD
- Rape by a "friend"--PTSD and suicidal thoughts
- A very traumatic birth experience was at the root of this woman
- A problem staying focused and present had its roots in childhood trauma -- EFT resolved it.
- Difficulty with labor pains had its roots in childhood sexual abuse
- Chronic ear infections vanished after childhood trauma was cleared with EFT
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- EFT and the devastation of childhood abuse
- Childhood molestation--using UNDERSTAND in the Set-up phrase
- EFT and birth trauma - addressing "the fetus inside me"
- 13 years of daily abuse fades with a form of The Personal Peace Procedure
- Deborah Miller helps a man unravel how a childhood molestation affects his current relationship
- A creative way to uncover a traumatic childhood event
- An Hour and Ten Minutes (for relief of attempted murder, two assaults, rape and childhood incidents)
- Cleaning up a rape trauma
- A "one minute wonder" rape release.
- An EFT expert beautifully weaves EFT within her client's pain, panic and molestation--success across the board
- A detailed and professional session regarding EFT for rape -- with one year follow-up
- Dr. Eric Robins, MD, uses EFT to avoid surgery for urination problem
- Unique uses for EFT in the surgery room
- Did EFT or Antibiotics help this little boy?
- How to remove a cyst without surgery or lasers
- A sore throat is traced to a childhood tonsil surgery
- Rapid EFT results with an ACL tear -- Every sports team in the world would love to hear about this
- Cataract surgery goes perfectly after releasing inner child Issues
- Pieter de Zwart combines his intuition with quality testing of his work for a first class result for trauma
- Borrowing Benefits brings up and collapses the Big One
- EFT newcomer resolves her own deep seated issues from childhood
- Handling the aftermath of a mugging with EFT...over the phone
- Did Brenda really abuse her brother?
- Three dissociative disorder cases
- Rape Trauma alleviated completely in one session with EFT -- libido returns
- Three EFT sessions lift depression, anger and sexual abuse trauma
- Pat Gurnick is my hero
- War trauma--no more nightmares
- 15 minutes of EFT brings dramatic results to a Vietnam Veteran
- EFT tapping for trauma brings unexpected benefits
- EFT "Choices" for recent NYC trauma victims.
- Using EFT to negotiate with multiple personalities
- This psychiatrist uses EFT
- The value of guessing: Releasing trauma in an injured elbow
- Sexual abuse case
- EFT helps clear early date rape trauma
- How Rebecca Gurland started with the EFT Personal Peace Procedure and wound up collapsing her major core issues
- EFT used instead of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) on severe trauma with impressive results
- EFT Trauma Session Seemed Complete But Needed More Work
- Praise for the EFT Tearless Trauma Technique
- Another approach to the Movie Technique
- Handling an abuse case in a quality way
- Working with Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Rape resolved in record time
- The connection between vitiligo and a traumatic experience
- Trauma relief one week after the Sept. 11, 2001 tragedy
- EFT after an attack in the street
- Helping a lost boy and his family out in the woods - spontaneous EFT
- Hives subside as traumatic incident is resolved
- Step by step through a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder case
- Digging for core issues - reconnection to a trauma that was behind hay fever symptoms
- Hollywood film maker resolves deep personal traumas with EFT
- Resolving the intense after effects of child birth trauma
- A Detailed and Masterful Article on Using EFT for Trauma
- Six successful sessions with a war veteran
- Criminal defense attorney does EFT with suicidal client in jail
- Expert handling of a hidden traumatic memory -- all within 30 minutes
- Listen to a successful EFT grief session with Dr. Carol Look and "Toby"
- Approaching complex trauma with EFT - The Inner Theater
- Working with trauma - the connection between EFT and the Amygdula
- Peeling away the layers of sexual abuse
- Tapping for prenatal issues brings benefits
- EFT for our Emergency First Responders
- Hurricane Katrina survivor successfully receives EFT for trauma
- Examples of "Stress Inoculation" through EFT...."but does it last?"
- Working with extreme trauma using a variation of the EFT Movie Technique
- Battered woman with cramped hands completes flower drawing after EFT--a one minute wonder
- Fear of dentists and oral rape
- A traumatic fall from a tree
- EFT after Hurricane Ike - Trauma Triage
- The Movie Technique for a traumatic memory and unresolved grief
- How to make EFT work when it "doesn't work."
- Lawyer resolves many personal traumas and writes testimonial letter
- K was left for dead after a Serial Killer's Attack -- EFT cleans up the traumatic aftermath
- A chiropractor helps a homicide trauma - burping is a sign of relief
- It started in a prison camp
- An EFT Formula for Specific Trauma
- A traumatized female reclaims trust in her instincts
- The "emotional stunt double" process using EFT
- Comparing traumatic abreactions--with and without EFT
- An expert discusses EFT and sudden trauma.
- An extreme trauma with a severe abreaction--and what to do about it
- EFT in the aftermath of domestic violence
- Rapid relief from accident flashbacks
- Trauma in the trunk of a car
- Using EFT to unravel the many pieces of a child molestation
- Releasing the Trauma of placing her husband in a nursing home
- The layers of trauma
- An even more tearless trauma technique
- EFT with a Vietnam nurse - a quality use of specific events
- Where only the pros should tread.
- Successfully handling childhood molestation--a classy case by Nancy Morris
- Rape trauma: "It just doesn't seem to bother me like it did."
- Tapping for the troops
- Using Group EFT in a school setting for a crisis
- Persistent use of EFT brings assistance in traumatic dream
- The Sun in my Soul - EFT overhauls Kathy's life
- What would you do for your client if his son shot and killed another boy?
- EFT newcomer diffuses trauma even though he didn't know it was rape
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- Trauma relief for a Prisoner of War and a fruit phobia
- Thoughts on Abreactions and how to handle them
- Finding the trauma behind the trauma
- Delivering EFT to a macho war veteran
- Katrina Victims Enjoy New Trauma Relief Method
- Tapping on hearing traumatic stories from others - ear problems
- Trauma success in Israel--as told by the client
- Using the EFT Tell the Story Technique helps calm a rape victim
- Tina broke free from an age 12 trauma
- Andrea's miscarriage
- Tearless Trauma Technique
- Creating a new emotional state for trauma sufferers
- Surrogate EFT for sleeping client dramatically clears sexual abuse
- Releasing 14 years of pent up grief and trauma
- Tip-Toeing into two car accident traumas
- How do you work with a traumatic incident that a client does not remember?
- Some tips for easing trauma survivors into using EFT
- Miranda: Repressed memory of childhood sexual abuse
- Using EFT for Trauma Relief after a major earthquake in Indonesia
- Aileen's client is an actress and no longer has "Interrogation Trauma" -- acting improves
- Email correspondence on a serious childhood abuse case
- Bringing Bev out of a semi-catatonic state
- Relieving the trauma of a car accident with EFT
- EFT newcomer taps herself out of a dissociative state during regular therapy
- Using EFT when the client has a memory "blank spot"
- Using EFT after a terrorist attack
- Tapping on love pain leads Marta to her traumatic birth experience
- Using Surrogate EFT on 2-month old baby after surgery
- Group trauma treatment--CISD with EFT
- WAILING ON WALL STREET
- Releasing fear and trauma after a dog bite
- Accessing the deeper levels of trauma stored in our cellular memory
- Taking the edge off of a molestation.
- Gillian Wightman leads us expertly through a complicated "father abuse" case -- a fabulous start
- Using EFT for "womb issues"
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
How do you work with a traumatic incident that a client does not remember?
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Note: This article assumes you have a working knowledge of EFT. Newcomers can still learn from it but are advised to peruse our Free Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tutorial™ for a more complete understanding.
Let Rosalind Bubb from the UK take you step by step through a "forgotten" childhood trauma. Note that solid progress was made while Rosalind approaches the problem from different angles.
I worked with a lady called Sophie who had chronic breathing problems. Before she began using EFT she was only getting about 30% of the normal amount of oxygen into her lungs, and had been in intensive care on a number of occasions. All of our EFT sessions have been conducted over the telephone, as she lives abroad.
When we began working together, I asked Sophie to draw up a Personal Peace list, of incidents from her past which still have an emotional charge to them when she thinks about them now. In our previous four telephone sessions we had dealt with lots of different memories of immense anger and rage towards her mother. Between sessions she had been tapping for improvements to physical symptoms in her lungs, and with her anger and rage at her mother. Her breathing had been improving over the month - she could now feel the air getting right down deep into her lungs when she breathed.
Sophie's siblings were very supportive of her journey to heal herself, and her sister had just recently told her that she remembered witnessing their brother Peter beating Sophie very badly when she had been a child and that Sophie had become hysterical. This incident wasn't on her Personal Peace list. Sophie had no memory of this at all and hadn't known it had happened until she had just been told about it. Her sister had refused to go into any of the details of the incident.
We decided to work on it. Before we began, I pre-framed it, and instructed her unconscious mind to continue to keep it hidden from her, if that is what it felt was best for her. It had been doing a very good job of keeping her safe up until now and there was obviously a good reason why she didn't remember it. She didn't need to remember it, to be able to tap on it.
I told her we could make it up and guess what might have happened, and release it just as effectively like that, but that we were not going to go into that now.
We began very gently. I didn't want to get into any specific details at all, in case we did suddenly bring up something very traumatic.
Even though this horrific event happened, and I don't remember anything about it at all, and that's a good thing, because it was terrible, and I don't need to remember this, and my mind is doing a wonderful job keeping me safe from this, I deeply and completely love and accept myself, and I am completely safe now.
Sophie pointed out that she loved her brother Peter, and that he had been very good to her, particularly since she had been ill, and she loved him dearly and had forgiven him completely for it. They were close, now. She knew he couldn't control his rage back then, anymore than she had been able to in the past. She didn't blame him at all for doing this and she wasn't angry with him.
We agreed that it was wonderful, that she had forgiven him, and that her body probably still had energy blocks in its system associated with this event, and that it would be great to release all of those now and to fully heal this incident.
We agreed that Peter probably felt a lot of remorse about the incident and that he would hate to feel that he might have contributed to her being ill.
Even though this incident was horrific, and it affected us all… and I love and forgive Peter, because I know he couldn't help himself, and I ask that this process allows him to begin to forgive himself too, because neither of us deserves to continue suffering over this.
Even though this horrific incident affected everybody who was involved, I love and forgive Peter, and I choose for love and forgiveness and peace to extend to everyone in my family who was affected by this.
These two set ups made her cry gently, which had never happened before - nothing we had done up until now had ever accessed this level of emotion. We double-tapped silently together (over the telephone, with me guiding her through the tapping points) until this wave of emotion had passed.
She said that although she had no memory of the event, a terrible sadness had come up, that this had happened, and that she felt like she was releasing it now.
Even though I have this terrible sadness, and I am so sorry that I had to experience this, and that it had such an impact on me and Peter and everyone involved… and I love and accept Peter, and I send love and forgiveness and healing and compassion, to that 10 year old girl, and to everyone affected by this incident.
This made her cry again, and we double-tapped silently until it had passed, and she said it felt very good to be extending the love and healing to everyone who was affected. She said she could feel a heaviness in the right hand side of her chest.
Even though I have this heaviness in the right hand side of my chest, and it's associated with this terrible incident, I love and forgive myself for anything I might inadvertently done to cause this, because I didn't mean this to happen, and I am completely safe now.
The heaviness disappeared. Bearing in mind that Sophie had no memory of this incident, I asked her to guess what number it would be, on a scale of 0 to 10, if she could know how intense this incident would be now. She said it would have been a 10 (or a 15!) but now it was a 7.
She wondered if she had done anything to cause it? She wished she could have just taken the dog for a walk, as he had asked, and then none of this would have happened. We re-framed this.
Even though I don't know what I did to cause this, and I wish I hadn't done it, and maybe there was nothing I could to do to avoid it.
Even though I can't turn back time, and Peter was just an upset waiting to happen, he was an explosion just waiting to be triggered, and it's not his fault, it's a result of all the things that had happened to him in his past, and he couldn't control his rage, and I don't blame him for that… and I love and forgive Peter.
Even though I was really unlucky, and I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, and I happened to trigger Peter's rage, and I didn't mean to do that, and he couldn't control it… and I am completely safe now.
She seemed very calm and undisturbed, and at a place of acceptance, so I asked her to shut her eyes and to imagine watching a silent movie of the event, way off in the distance, and she said she felt very peaceful about it, and it was now a 3 out of 10. This was the Movie Technique, but still keeping some distance from it, by making it silent, black and white, and far away from her. Notice that although Sophie still didn't have any memory of the actual incident, she didn't hesitate about imagining a movie of it.
Even though this horrific event happened, and I didn't mean it to happen, I choose to release it from my energy system now. I'm ok, I'm completely safe, it's in the past and it can't hurt me now. It's never going to happen again.
She re-ran the silent movie in her head, and it was a zero. I thought it was safe now to introduce some vivid details and to try to drive up any remaining emotion, so that we could release it, and I asked her to add colour and a sound track to the movie, and to imagine him shouting at her and her screaming, and her sister shouting to let her go.
Even though this happened, and it was awful, I'm ok now, it's in the past.
Even though this happened, and he was shouting at me and kicking me and punching me and pulling my hair, and I can see his face and hear the sound of this voice, I'm completely safe now. I can relax. It's never going to happen again.
She re-ran the movie in her mind, with the sound track. I asked her to exaggerate the sights and sounds and the colours and see if she could get any emotion up at all - she couldn't. She thought it was done, but I wanted to make sure that she knew - and that her body knew - that it was really ok to heal now.
Even though this happened, it's in the past, and I'm safe now, it's over, and I can relax. My lungs can relax, my body can relax, it's ok for me to breathe deeply once again.
Even though this event happened, it's never going to hurt me again. I choose to release it fully from my body, from my chest, from my lungs, from the lining of my lungs. I'm ok, I'm safe, I can relax, and I can breathe deeply. It's ok for me to breathe deeply. It's safe for me to breathe deeply. I deserve to breathe deeply. I'm allowed to breathe deeply.
Even though this happened, it's in the past, it's over, and I'm allowed to take my place on this earth once again, I can breathe on this earth once again, I'm allowed to take my place and live freely and healthily and breathe deeply on this earth once again.
She said that this all felt wonderful, she loved being able to say it, and she felt like something very powerful had happened. All the words had been spot on - how did I do that? I explained it had definitely been what Gary Craig calls "through me, not by me!"
We completed the session with her being delighted with the progress she was making. She was certain she will be totally well.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.