- A procedure for smoking and other addictions--80% success rate
- Persistent EFT to help a client quit smoking at her own pace
- EFT works nicely for a skeptical smoker
- Rapid relief for a smoking addiction
- EFT ends a strong addiction to smoking cigarettes
- Dialogues with Smokers--Parts I & II
- New Smoking Cessation Program Resolves the Real Reason that People Smoke
- How cigarette cravings led to major emotional release with EFT
- I quit smoking with EFT by using rebellion as a cause
- Smoking addiction subsides after finding unusual habit
- EFT for a very clever smoker - two months with no need for a cigarette
- Smoking urge subsides after EFT collapses a betrayal issue
- Client stops smoking after addressing "manly" issue
- An ultra easy smoking cessation case
- Heavy smoker quits after resolving core issue
- Self-Applied Acupressure Technique May Prevent Tobacco from Killing One Billion People
- EFT for a food craving also eliminated a cigarette craving
- Smoking addiction
- Surrogate EFT eliminates smoking addiction
- EFT and Inner Theater for Parts Work for quitting smoking
- Smoking, OCD & phobias
- A case where cigarette cravings turned out to be a form of self-punishment
- EFT rapidly curbs cigarette cravings
- A "One Session Wonder" for quitting smoking
- EFT's "Tell the Story Technique" releases alcohol-related anger feelings
- Alcoholic eliminates desire for alcohol by addressing "state" ness
- Budweiser beer - evidence that emotions cause addictions
- Detox relief from pain killers, migraine headaches and alcohol
- Using EFT for a headache provides aid to alcohol recovery
- A report from a "hopeless" binge drinking client
- Using EFT for unresolved grief aids an alcohol problem as a side benefit
- Emphatic tapping for a sugar addiction
- Hitting a chocolate craving head on
- Finding out what really caused a food craving
- Over 30 pounds and counting....
- EFT helps morbidly obese woman to stop feeling hungry
- Using EFT for a caffeine addiction
- Is it safe to drop those pounds?
- EFT for ice cream cravings
- Successful EFT reframing of a Coke & Pepsi addiction
- EFT eliminates 40 year addiction to coffee - 9 month follow-up
- EFT for a chocolate addiction brings about physical symptoms -- all gone in 10 minutes
- The core issue behind a cookie craving
- What was REALLY behind those cravings?
- Chocolate cravings have their root in childhood poverty
- Finding the core issue behind a sweets addiction
- Simple EFT procedure for excess food and drink consumption
- How Mary's self sabotage kept her from slimming down
- Overcoming a Food Craving
- Melissa gets to the root of her sugar addiction - Followup included
- An ice cream addiction fades after quality detective work by Carol Solomon
- A success formula for self-sabotage eliminates binge eating
- Jane no longer wants those potato chips
- Sugar cravings subside with persistent and consistent EFT
- All traces of
- EFT and nail biting. A one minute wonder
- Chewing tobacco addiction aided by surrogate tapping
- EFT ends secret addiction to inhalants and clears the core issue
- 23 Year Hair Pulling Compulsive Disorder Ends at an EFT Workshop
- Successful 21 month follow up on a 20 year chewing tobacco addiction.
- EFT for hoarding (OCD)
- Success with Addictions using EFT
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder regarding AIDS
- After tapping, Carol
- Recovering Addicts Lose Nicotine Cravings in Record Time
- 60 year soap opera 'addiction' vanishes as a side benefit of EFT
- Touching trichotillomania tale
- EFT in 12 Step programs - a perfect place to address specific events
- Brief uses of EFT collapses hair pulling problem (trichotillomania)
- EFT for a gambling addiction
- EFT succeeds with hand washing compulsion in minutes
- An Example of Using Reframes with Addictive Behavior
- Chewing tobacco habit--A humorous look at an extreme Apex problem
- A self administered approach to addictions
Finding out what really caused a food craving
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Here's a brief idea from Deborah Miller PhD that brings about big results for stubborn food cravings. Notice how her approach involves common sense questions.
I enjoy how EFT allows one to get to the core reason for a food craving. This interesting story tells how well we hide the reasons.
I facilitate individual sessions and group classes titled "EFT Ideal Weight." It is a delightful way to look at the myriad of causes for holding onto weight.
In one particular class dealing with food cravings the following happened. Each person brought an item to the class that they had cravings for. I asked each woman to look at the food item, smell it and sense the emotions that came to the surface because I wanted them to identify what it was about the item that they craved. Was it the look, the taste, the texture?
With EFT the craving level was dropping quickly for everyone but one woman. Her craving was for a specific type of bread. When I asked her what it was about the bread that she craved she admitted that it wasn't the bread. It was dunking the bread in milk. I asked her what it was about dunking the bread in milk that she enjoyed so. She told me that it made the bread soft. The type of bread she craved is dry bread commonly used for dunking in milk or hot chocolate.
Then I asked her if there was something in her life that was hard that she wanted to make soft. Her eyes got wide and she stated that her husband was sometimes hard with her and she wished he'd be softer. From that moment on her craving level for the bread dropped to nothing. Since this session she hasn't had a craving for dunking bread in milk.
Deborah Miller PhD
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.