- A procedure for smoking and other addictions--80% success rate
- Persistent EFT to help a client quit smoking at her own pace
- EFT works nicely for a skeptical smoker
- Dialogues with Smokers--Parts I & II
- Rapid relief for a smoking addiction
- EFT ends a strong addiction to smoking cigarettes
- I quit smoking with EFT by using rebellion as a cause
- New Smoking Cessation Program Resolves the Real Reason that People Smoke
- How cigarette cravings led to major emotional release with EFT
- Smoking urge subsides after EFT collapses a betrayal issue
- Smoking addiction subsides after finding unusual habit
- EFT for a very clever smoker - two months with no need for a cigarette
- Heavy smoker quits after resolving core issue
- Client stops smoking after addressing "manly" issue
- An ultra easy smoking cessation case
- Smoking addiction
- Self-Applied Acupressure Technique May Prevent Tobacco from Killing One Billion People
- EFT for a food craving also eliminated a cigarette craving
- Smoking, OCD & phobias
- Surrogate EFT eliminates smoking addiction
- EFT and Inner Theater for Parts Work for quitting smoking
- A "One Session Wonder" for quitting smoking
- A case where cigarette cravings turned out to be a form of self-punishment
- EFT rapidly curbs cigarette cravings
- EFT's "Tell the Story Technique" releases alcohol-related anger feelings
- Alcoholic eliminates desire for alcohol by addressing "state" ness
- Budweiser beer - evidence that emotions cause addictions
- Detox relief from pain killers, migraine headaches and alcohol
- Using EFT for a headache provides aid to alcohol recovery
- A report from a "hopeless" binge drinking client
- Using EFT for unresolved grief aids an alcohol problem as a side benefit
- Finding out what really caused a food craving
- Emphatic tapping for a sugar addiction
- Hitting a chocolate craving head on
- Using EFT for a caffeine addiction
- Over 30 pounds and counting....
- EFT helps morbidly obese woman to stop feeling hungry
- Successful EFT reframing of a Coke & Pepsi addiction
- Is it safe to drop those pounds?
- EFT for ice cream cravings
- The core issue behind a cookie craving
- EFT eliminates 40 year addiction to coffee - 9 month follow-up
- EFT for a chocolate addiction brings about physical symptoms -- all gone in 10 minutes
- Finding the core issue behind a sweets addiction
- What was REALLY behind those cravings?
- Chocolate cravings have their root in childhood poverty
- Overcoming a Food Craving
- Simple EFT procedure for excess food and drink consumption
- How Mary's self sabotage kept her from slimming down
- A success formula for self-sabotage eliminates binge eating
- Melissa gets to the root of her sugar addiction - Followup included
- An ice cream addiction fades after quality detective work by Carol Solomon
- Sugar cravings subside with persistent and consistent EFT
- Jane no longer wants those potato chips
- Chewing tobacco addiction aided by surrogate tapping
- All traces of
- EFT and nail biting. A one minute wonder
- Successful 21 month follow up on a 20 year chewing tobacco addiction.
- EFT ends secret addiction to inhalants and clears the core issue
- 23 Year Hair Pulling Compulsive Disorder Ends at an EFT Workshop
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder regarding AIDS
- EFT for hoarding (OCD)
- Success with Addictions using EFT
- Recovering Addicts Lose Nicotine Cravings in Record Time
- After tapping, Carol
- Touching trichotillomania tale
- 60 year soap opera 'addiction' vanishes as a side benefit of EFT
- Brief uses of EFT collapses hair pulling problem (trichotillomania)
- EFT in 12 Step programs - a perfect place to address specific events
- EFT succeeds with hand washing compulsion in minutes
- EFT for a gambling addiction
- A self administered approach to addictions
- An Example of Using Reframes with Addictive Behavior
- Chewing tobacco habit--A humorous look at an extreme Apex problem
Using EFT for a cocaine addiction
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Here's an excellent example by Utahna Tassie regarding EFT's use for cravings ... even for something as addictive as cocaine. Please consult physicians on all medical issues.
My client, whom I’ll call Bernice, called me out of the phone book crying and sounding really drugged. She said she wanted to get off of cocaine so that she could get her 8-year-old son back in her custody, because he needed her. He was having problems pooping in his pants at school and was missing a lot of school. Her mother had custody of him, but he wanted to be with his own Mom. He was really depressed and not doing well at all.
She said she had no friends and even her mother had turned against her. She had called several people in the phone book and they all wanted to charge her an arm and a leg for their services. She didn't have any money at the moment but was supposed to be getting some soon. She was also taking oxycontin (for pain resulting from 2 car accidents and several health problems) and she couldn't drive when using it. She had to be able to get her son to school, or the courts wouldn't let her have him back.
I tapped with her for about 20 minutes on the phone as I explained where the points were and that she needed to repeat everything I said, doing the best that she could. I told her that the best thing she could do for her son was to get herself well, then he could stop worrying about her. His worrying was probably the cause of his pooping accidents.
I said, “Bernice, I want you to use whatever hand that is free to tap on the side of your other hand while you repeat some phrases after me.” (I forgot to get a level of intensity, but I knew she had to be a 10 on a scale of 0 to 10.)
Karate Chop Point: Even though I have this strong craving for cocaine… Even though I have this strong craving for cocaine, and I don't know how I'm going to stop it, I totally love and accept myself, and I'm getting help now.
Eyebrow: This craving for cocaine
Side of Eye: This strong craving
Under Eye: This expensive craving
Under Nose: This craving that's costing me my family
Chin: This constant craving
Collarbone: This bad habit that's costing me my life
Under Arm: This constant cocaine craving
Top of Head: I choose to have peace around this issue
Karate Chop Point: Even though I still have some of this craving, I'm a good person inside and I'm safe right now … Even though I still have some of this craving for cocaine (fill in your own drug), I know that God loves me and I forgive myself for losing control … Even though I STILL have a desire to numb my pain with drugs, I'm open to finding a more acceptable way to cope.
Eyebrow: This remaining cocaine craving
Side of Eye: This remaining craving for my favorite drug
Under Eye: This remaining desire for drugs to cover up my anxiety and sadness
Under Nose: This remaining craving
At this point, Bernice said that the craving was completely gone. That she didn't want it at all, and was done with it. I said that was great and that we could move on to some other issues. But this time, she just needed to tap one point for each phrase and I just moved through the phrases as they popped into my head (all based on the life story that she had given me in our first chat).
Even though I've had this expensive, illegal habit that caused me to steal, I forgive myself and I'm ready to take responsibility for my life.
I accept myself and my children, even though we all have lots of big problems to deal with.
Even though I've totally screwed up my life and my son's life, and my daughter's life, I love my children completely and I forgive myself.
Even though I'm so sad and lonely since my boyfriend's death, I know he's with me in spirit.
Even though I'm full of anger and hatred for the person who killed my sweetheart, I forgive myself and some part of me would like to forgive them.
I'm so lonely I could die, but I am now allowing myself to meet new friends.
Even though I'm so afraid of what might happen to me and my son with nobody to support us, I'm a really good person and I'm going to allow God to show me a new and better way now.
Bernice became very quiet, and then said, “Oh my God! That is so weird! Something really crazy is happening. I feel like something just took over my body - like every cell of my body is cleaner! It's like an angel or something!”
We paused and talked about angels for a few minutes, and how they can be in so many places at once doing God's work, and always for the highest and best good of all concerned, but they must be asked for assistance before they can help. All you have to do is ASK.
So we asked for Archangel Michael and Archangel Raphael to assist us with this healing so that it could be fast and painless. And we continued tapping through all the points (about 5-7 taps per point) while I said the following phrases and she repeated after me. If we got to a tough spot, I kept tapping and repeating that particular phrase until she was relaxed on it.
Even though I have all these problems and I just can't see straight, I'm still a good person and I love my children.
Even though I have this craving to numb my heartache with cocaine, I love my daughter and I want to get well so she can too.
Even though I do the drugs because I just can't face life any other way, I choose to be happy and drug free now.
Even though I have to have drugs to take away my sadness and anger, I've decided to let God help me do it.
Even though my daughter is living a dangerous life on the streets, and doing drugs at 19, I love my daughter completely. I have renewed hope for her and our family to be together again soon.
Even though my daughter hated my boyfriend, and she went off to be a druggie on the street, I forgive her. And I forgive myself for pushing her away. I trust that God will help us all.
Even though I need to take these drugs to numb my awful pain, I'm okay right now.
Even though I've filled the loneliness with drugs, I choose to find a better way for me and my family. I want to be a good mom.
I don't have any friends since my boyfriend was murdered, but I'm learning to be my own best friend. [My boyfriend] will be with me as long as he can and the angels will be with me always!
Bernice told me the next day that her dead boyfriend had left her energy field. She knew it because she couldn't feel him around her any more. And it was okay because she knew that he had other things to do, other responsibilities, and would be with her when he could. She was very calm about it; said she felt lighter and happier.
Here are a few more things that we've tapped for since Bernice called me the first time.
Even though I have all this guilt for messing up my life, and my son's life, and my daughter's life, I forgive myself. I've always done the best I was capable of at the moment.
Even though I'm a dumb, slow reader and can't get a real job, I know I deserve a better life.
Even though I can't read well enough to get a good job, I'm a good person and God loves me.
Even though my mom won't speak to me, I love and forgive my mom. She's got her own problems to deal with and I know she loves me the only way she can right now.
We were both surprised that it worked so fast and easily for the craving, however, the phone call lasted close to 2 hours. I explained that she could use the tapping on any or all of the points that I taught her every time she had a craving - or any problem for that matter. She didn't need to worry about what to say as long as she was thinking about the problem while she tapped.
Recently I met Bernice briefly at her attorney's office very close to my house and gave her a printed copy of the EFT Manual. I didn't know at the time that she couldn't read. When she got home, she called me and volunteered to flush her stash down the toilet (which she did while I was on the phone) and then crushed her pipe after we hung up. I know she's being honest with me. That's one of her greatest strengths.
Oh, yeah! Bernice says that her son is healed! Well, not completely, but he is 99% better! We have only done one short surrogate tapping for him (for pooping his pants at school because he is so afraid of losing Mommy).
I am so happy to have had this wonderful opportunity to help Bernice, and her family through her. This work is truly priceless!
Utahna Tassie, LMT, EFT-ADV
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.