- Other Physical Issues
- Allergic reaction to animals immediately eliminated with EFT
- Two allergic reaction cases
- EFT brings relief from a range of allergies and autoimmune disorders - collapsing safety issues does the job
- EFT, substance sensitivities and muscle testing
- EFT eliminates an intense allergic reaction, making Fern a believer that EFT works on physical issues
- Miranda Sterling discusses "It" and "Emotional Allergies"
- Two rounds of EFT take care of a cat allergy
- Relieving a violent allergy attack in 2 minutes
- Mental EFT for a persistent dust allergy
- Skeptic receives rapid relief for severe allergy
- EFT for anaphylactic shock reaction to lawn fertilizer
- Thoughts on using EFT for toxicity and allergies
- Using EFT for snoring and dairy allergies -- Introducing the
- Veterinarian provides allergy protocol and 8 successful cases on people and animals
- A remarkable EFT allergy case
- Creativity with an allergy to turpentine and oil paints
- A fascinating trip through the successful elimination of multiple chemical and food sensitivities
- Allergies alleviated in 7 year old child - Success where nothing else worked
- EFT for hay fever, severe cellulitis and "tattoo pain"
- Resolving allergies and related ailments
- Colleen successfully uses our EFT DVDs as a clue to her allergies
- Doctors Use New Acupressure Technique For Severe Allergic Reactions: Medication Unnecessary
- Marcia Stanton reads an article on our website and collapses a severe allergic reaction.
- Successful EFT for a wine allergy - a little different approach
- Think about allergies when doing EFT
- An allergy to flowers linked to a deeper issue--personal blossoming
- Eliminating allergic reactions to antibiotics
- "EFT kept me from going into full-blown Anaphylactic Shock!"
- How Andy Mason used EFT to collapse ALL of his wife's 80 different allergies
- Why EFT relieves allergies where nothing else will
- Common sense uses of EFT to clear food sensitivities
- The food allergy that wouldn't go away until Erin got specific
- Clearing allergies for entire groups of people
- Lynne has been allergic to bees since she was little
- Swollen eyes and puffy face disappear while tapping along with the EFT DVDs
- Ten minutes of EFT erases a severe cat allergy
- EFT relieves a "burning mouth" reaction to pineapple
- Food allergy and eczema disappear after using EFT on specific events
- Allergic reaction subsides on Prime Time German TV
- Are Drugs Really Necessary to Clear Allergies?
- Consistent tapping results in interesting side benefits
- Successful EFT for allergies -- addressing a core issue
- Hay fever subsides with surrogate EFT
- Quickly clearing an allergy to oranges
- EFT collapses Multiple Chemical Sensitivities in short order
- Allergies clear for newcomer who borrows benefits without tapping--social uneasiness subsides
- Rapid relief from two wasp stings
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Dyslexia and learning disabilities
- Rachel's dyslexia and a problem with straight lines
- The Dyslexia is gone!
- A 14 year old boy with dyslexia gets glowing reports in school after EFT. One teacher called him
- Computer mouse dyslexia
- Using EFT for Dyscalculus
- Dyslexia and a query about EFT and mental illness
- Dyslexia vanishes and with it go other issues
- Dyslexia and other things
- Vision Issues
- A new EFT Frontier--Improving Vision
- Eye condition improves after the client
- An unexpected vision improvement
- Seventy-Five Percent Improve Vision With Breakthrough Acupressure Technique
- Using EFT for double vision
- An obvious case where emotional issues cause vision problems
- Using EFT for Vision Correction
- Lasting vision relief after tapping on anger issue
- An optometrist points to emotional impacts on vision
- EFT helps vision loss, balance problems and postnasal drip in 14 year-old girl with multiple sclerosis
- Dr. Carol Look's EFT eyesight experiment gives Cheri major benefits.
- Insomnia & Sleep Issues
- A Surprising Way to Use EFT for Insomnia
- Surrogate EFT for snoring
- Success with Insomnia: "After a week of restful sleep I am a new woman and my life is transformed"
- Relieving insomnia after treating a case of "Love Pain."
- Quiet your mind with EFT so that you can sleep
- Using EFT for Insomnia
- Helping a restless baby to sleep
- A 91 year old lady's sleeping disorder
- Jerome finally sleeps after 3 years of severe insomnia
- EFT, gratitude and sleep
- Using EFT for Sleep Apnea
- Sleepy clients and compulsions
- Snoring, love pain and Stuttering
- Combining EFT and meditation for a sleep disorder
- EFT for sleeping at prescribed times
- MD cures Insomnia by finding core issue
- Self-Help Technique Often Treats Insomnia Better Than Drugs -- Acts Quickly and Has No Side Effects
- Everyone gets to sleep after Dan does surrogate EFT for a crying child
- Surrogate EFT brings "snoring benefits"
- How to use EFT to get to sleep easily
- Quality uses of EFT for success with sleep apnea
- Using EFT for complex issues (in this case--a difficult insomnia problem)
- 91-year-old woman passes her driving test after EFT
- Releasing 10 years of insomnia -- Finding the core issue
- Baby goes from Screaming to Sleeping in less than 5 minutes
- 30 years of insomnia cleared in one EFT session
- Attention, Doctors: Drug-Free Acupressure Technique Relieves Insomnia
- Newbies experience EFT for insomnia, itching and deafness
- Success with pulsatile tinnitus -- accepting it rather than fighting it
- Reducing the intrusive impact of tinnitus
- Useful thoughts on tinnitus
- Ten second EFT wonder for severe tinnitus of 15 years
- Progress using EFT for tinnitus
- Tinnitus gone in 4 sessions -- unusual happenings along the way
- A concept for successfully applying EFT to Tinnitus
- A useful relief for Tinnitus
- Good progress with tinnitus.
- Chronic Fatigue
- Skin Disorders
- Using EFT for shrinking moles, skin tags and seborrheic cysts
- She had plantar warts for 42 years and had tried EVERYTHING to get rid of them.
- 8 years of plantar warts - a dozen gone in 3 weeks
- Using EFT for a rash: "George under my skin"
- 14 year old boy uses EFT to clear both acne and color blindness
- Severe wart condition resolved for 10-year-old girl after her mother discovers the core issue with EFT
- Skin eruption easily handled by EFT Novice
- Finding the emotion behind the severe skin condition
- Severe skin disorder disappears
- Two one minute wonders on serious physical conditions - skin disorder and Hemochromatosis both disappear
- Five warts disappear after using EFT
- Lawyer's skin condition clears after tapping on the stress associated with being a new lawyer
- Improved heart rhythm and blood pressure
- Gentle EFT and "tapping in the positive" give hope to a heart patient
- New Stress Management Tool Reduces Blood Pressure Without Drugs
- Did EFT improve Harold's heart arrhythmia?
- New Method Simultaneously Reduces 6 Heart Disease Risk Factors
- EFT used to assist recovery from Open Heart Surgery
- Heart surgery patient uses EFT to breathe more easily
- EFT Works for Woman with Pseudo Heart Attack
- Evidence that an emotional issue caused Heart Arrhythmia
- EFT for heart arrhythmia -- Lorie gets herself out of the way -- 10 month follow-up reveals no symptoms
- Using EFT for heart palpitations
- EFT for heartburn - long term relief for GERD
- Digestive System
- Rumbling intestines relieved at 3am
- Irritable Bowel Symptoms disappear after resolving an emotional issue
- Step by step through a first class Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) case
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome fades in 4 brief EFT sessions
- What to do when you really "gotta go"
- Mary's gastric pressure had an interesting cause -- was this really a gall bladder problem?
- Dizziness and intestinal discomfort disappear - EFT for specific events did the job
EFT Works for Woman with Pseudo Heart Attack
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
EFT Master Tam Llewellyn from Yorkshire, UK shares this interesting account of how his client emotionally created the symptoms of a heart attack (myocardial infarction). It had the doctors fooled initially and was eventually aided by Tam's professional use of EFT.
This case study emphasizes the importance of seeking out and dealing with all the aspects of a case, and not assuming that the various root causes are linked in any obvious way
The client was the daughter of an existing client who had done very well using EFT for her own problems. I had not seen the daughter, but the mother rang on the clinic’s 24 hour help line in a terrible panic saying that her daughter was having a heart attack. From the description the mother gave over the phone this did seem to be the case. The daughter, Jean (not her real name) was reporting the classic symptoms of a heart attack (myocardial infarction) - pain in the centre of the chest radiating down the left arm, weakness of the arm muscles, shortness of breath and a cold clammy skin. The only unusual thing about the attack was that the victim was a healthy young female non-smoker in her twenties – not an obvious candidate for a heart attack.
Jean was some 30 miles away from me and all I could suggest was that her mother immediately ring for an ambulance and take her to the hospital.
Jean went to the hospital and the emergency staff also recognized her condition as a myocardial infarction. She was immediately moved to an intensive-care ward and subjected to a barrage of tests. The test showed that she was not suffering from an infarction and after a further period of observation she was sent home.
In the next few days Jean suffered three more ‘infarctions’, and her mother brought her to me for an investigation On her arrival at my office, Jean looked fit and well and showed none of the warning signs of a potential heart attack victim. We discussed the background to the problem and earlier events of a similar nature and Jean mentioned that when she was upset or annoyed she had often had less severe pains in her chest and arms and that a sign she was becoming upset by a situation was a tingling in her left arm. It seemed that these ‘infarctions’ were linked to times she was upset or angry. The event which triggered the severe attack which led to her hospitalization was triggered by her witnessing a traumatic event on TV – an event which upset her greatly. This in itself could be a trigger for a true heart attack, but I was relying on the accuracy of the hospital tests which showed that her symptoms were not true myocardial infarctions.
The problem had first appeared while Jean’s cousin, who she disliked, was staying with them in their home. Jean could remember her cousin ‘winding her up’ and the pains starting as soon as her cousin started his antics. The mere thinking of her cousin and saying his name caused her to become emotional. Here was a clear place to start using EFT.
Jean was aware of EFT and its power as her mother had been a successful patient of mine, so she was a good and willing subject. We used the Movie Technique to work through a number of incidents involving her cousin until she could think of no more. At that point she was able to think of her cousin and mention his name without any emotion, and could even remember some good times they had had together.
We then turned to the traumatic event seen on the TV. Using the Tearless Trauma Technique, I first wondered out aloud what would be her reaction if she thought about it and then I directly asked her what she thought her reaction would be. She was very calm but still upset by the incident so we tapped some more, until she felt completely relaxed about it. We discussed the TV incident and I had Jean to bring it to mind in an increasingly vivid way – tapping all the time. Jean was able to discuss the incident. While she still felt unhappy about it and that it had been shown on TV she was not emotional and could talk about the pros and cons of its transmission.
After a quick check back that the situation involving her cousin had remained clear, I could have finished the session and called it a success. However, it is always worth checking for earlier root causes, and I asked Jean if she could recall any earlier similar incidents. She could recall one – a long forgotten incident from years previously. It was not similar to the incidents we had been working with in any way and not connected with them (or so she thought!), but it had just popped up into her mind.
Many years earlier she had been asleep in bed and her mother had woken her insisting that she rush out to help her younger sister. The sister had walked to the bus stop on her way to school without an umbrella and it was raining hard. Jean jumped out of bed, put a raincoat on over her nightclothes and rushed out - still half asleep - to take an umbrella to her sister waiting at the bus stop. When she returned home she was soaking wet and the arm which had been carrying the umbrella was aching and full of ‘pins and needles’ In recounting this tale Jean burst into tears.
We tapped all over the incident, without a set up phrase, but using ‘garbage and gold’ reminder phrases. We covered a lot of ground – her anger with her mother for waking her, her anger with herself for over sleeping, her anger with her little sister for existing, the fear she had for her sister getting wet, being wet herself , the pain in her arm and much more. We covered a lot of ground but in the end Jean was laughing at the vision of herself as a teenager sopping wet in a raincoat and nightclothes carrying a somewhat ineffectual umbrella.
Had we found the root cause of her ‘infarction’? Probably not, but we had removed sufficient ‘table legs’ for the table which produced the infarction symptoms to fall over. It is now some months since she came to visit me and she has had no further problems
Dr Tam Llewellyn-Edwards
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.