- Persistent EFT to help a client quit smoking at her own pace
- EFT works nicely for a skeptical smoker
- A procedure for smoking and other addictions--80% success rate
- EFT ends a strong addiction to smoking cigarettes
- Dialogues with Smokers--Parts I & II
- Rapid relief for a smoking addiction
- How cigarette cravings led to major emotional release with EFT
- I quit smoking with EFT by using rebellion as a cause
- New Smoking Cessation Program Resolves the Real Reason that People Smoke
- EFT for a very clever smoker - two months with no need for a cigarette
- Smoking urge subsides after EFT collapses a betrayal issue
- Smoking addiction subsides after finding unusual habit
- An ultra easy smoking cessation case
- Heavy smoker quits after resolving core issue
- Client stops smoking after addressing "manly" issue
- EFT for a food craving also eliminated a cigarette craving
- Smoking addiction
- Self-Applied Acupressure Technique May Prevent Tobacco from Killing One Billion People
- Surrogate EFT eliminates smoking addiction
- EFT and Inner Theater for Parts Work for quitting smoking
- Smoking, OCD & phobias
- A case where cigarette cravings turned out to be a form of self-punishment
- EFT rapidly curbs cigarette cravings
- A "One Session Wonder" for quitting smoking
- EFT's "Tell the Story Technique" releases alcohol-related anger feelings
- Alcoholic eliminates desire for alcohol by addressing "state" ness
- Budweiser beer - evidence that emotions cause addictions
- Detox relief from pain killers, migraine headaches and alcohol
- Using EFT for a headache provides aid to alcohol recovery
- A report from a "hopeless" binge drinking client
- Using EFT for unresolved grief aids an alcohol problem as a side benefit
- Hitting a chocolate craving head on
- Finding out what really caused a food craving
- Emphatic tapping for a sugar addiction
- EFT helps morbidly obese woman to stop feeling hungry
- Using EFT for a caffeine addiction
- Over 30 pounds and counting....
- EFT for ice cream cravings
- Successful EFT reframing of a Coke & Pepsi addiction
- Is it safe to drop those pounds?
- EFT for a chocolate addiction brings about physical symptoms -- all gone in 10 minutes
- The core issue behind a cookie craving
- EFT eliminates 40 year addiction to coffee - 9 month follow-up
- Chocolate cravings have their root in childhood poverty
- Finding the core issue behind a sweets addiction
- What was REALLY behind those cravings?
- How Mary's self sabotage kept her from slimming down
- Overcoming a Food Craving
- Simple EFT procedure for excess food and drink consumption
- Melissa gets to the root of her sugar addiction - Followup included
- An ice cream addiction fades after quality detective work by Carol Solomon
- A success formula for self-sabotage eliminates binge eating
- Jane no longer wants those potato chips
- Sugar cravings subside with persistent and consistent EFT
- EFT and nail biting. A one minute wonder
- Chewing tobacco addiction aided by surrogate tapping
- All traces of
- 23 Year Hair Pulling Compulsive Disorder Ends at an EFT Workshop
- Successful 21 month follow up on a 20 year chewing tobacco addiction.
- EFT ends secret addiction to inhalants and clears the core issue
- Success with Addictions using EFT
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder regarding AIDS
- EFT for hoarding (OCD)
- Recovering Addicts Lose Nicotine Cravings in Record Time
- After tapping, Carol
- Touching trichotillomania tale
- 60 year soap opera 'addiction' vanishes as a side benefit of EFT
- EFT in 12 Step programs - a perfect place to address specific events
- Brief uses of EFT collapses hair pulling problem (trichotillomania)
- EFT for a gambling addiction
- EFT succeeds with hand washing compulsion in minutes
- Chewing tobacco habit--A humorous look at an extreme Apex problem
- A self administered approach to addictions
- An Example of Using Reframes with Addictive Behavior
EFT for a gambling addiction
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Note: This article assumes you have a working knowledge of EFT. Newcomers can still learn from it but are advised to peruse our Free Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tutorial™ for a more complete understanding.
Karen Degen from New Zealand reports on a successful case. Her client says, "Well I had one and a half hours with Karen and went from a 10 (being so wanting to go gambling) down to a 1 in that time. I did my tapping homework to work on the last little bit. I was on cloud nine for weeks, I have not played the pokies nor do I want to, since the day I saw Karen three months ago." I make some suggestions at the end in case the addiction re-appears.
For those of us who are full time EFT practitioners the successes are too numerous to mention, but there are those that stand out. One of those for me was setting someone free from a severe gambling addiction in only one session. Paul sold his house and before he'd purchased another home he'd gambled away the proceeds. He was an intelligent and good person, but the gambling was an addiction, something he couldn't stop. After only one session Paul felt that the likelihood of gambling again was low, but to be sure I "prescribed" persistent tapping on himself using the statements we'd worked on. Tapping statements were:
Even though I'm embarrassed at my gambling and I've let myself down and my kids down...
Even though when I gamble money doesn't mean anything to me and I don't care about it, I care about myself and...
Even though I've lost all my freedom and all my money through gambling...
Even though I had so much luck when I started gambling and I still think I'll always win...
Even though I gamble when I've had a bad day to cheer myself up and I gamble when I've had a good day because I feel lucky...
Even though I gamble because I like it and I can do as I please, you can't make me stop, I don't want to stop...
Even though I had no control in my marriage, I have no control at work and I have no control over my gambling...
Even though I gamble to have fun because I deserve to treat myself, I choose now to find it easy to find a new way of treating myself that makes me feel the way I did when I was xxxx (confidential).
Paul' wrote this 3 months later:
Well I had one and a half hours with Karen and went from a 10 (being so wanting to go gambling) down to a 1 in that time. I did my tapping homework to work on the last little bit. I was on cloud nine for weeks, I have not played the pokies nor do I want to, since the day I saw Karen three months ago.
GC COMMENT: Thank you Karen. To expand a bit, we never know for sure how permanent results like this may be. If the addiction re-appears in the future, it is likely that one or more foundational specific events are still lurking under the surface. They would be worthwhile targets at the next session.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.