- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- PTSD from a traumatic miscarriage is resolved with EFT
- Stubborn client, PTSD, hidden aspects and psychological reversal
- An EFT gift for firefighters suffering from PTSD and trauma
- New Treatment for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Delivers Rapid, Long Lasting Results for Iraqi War Veterans--No Drugs Necessary
- Bob Patefield wipes out his own PTSD
- War veteran with PTSD gets quality results with EFT
- EFT beginner collapses her own PTSD
- Vietnam Vet with severe PTSD sleeps through the night for the first time in 39 years
- Knocking down war PTSD symptoms like dominoes
- Curing PTSD
- Pat Farrell resolves her own PTSD
- EFT on DID and PTSD
- EFT clears PTSD -- Nassirya bombing, Iraq
- An EFT Newcomer relieves Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- How I handled my PTSD (child abuse) all by myself
- How I handled my PTSD (witnessing a violent crime) all by myself
- An efficient way to relieve a PTSD memory
- Jeanne Ranger clears her own PTSD
- Rape by a "friend"--PTSD and suicidal thoughts
- A very traumatic birth experience was at the root of this woman
- A problem staying focused and present had its roots in childhood trauma -- EFT resolved it.
- Difficulty with labor pains had its roots in childhood sexual abuse
- Chronic ear infections vanished after childhood trauma was cleared with EFT
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- EFT and the devastation of childhood abuse
- Childhood molestation--using UNDERSTAND in the Set-up phrase
- EFT and birth trauma - addressing "the fetus inside me"
- 13 years of daily abuse fades with a form of The Personal Peace Procedure
- Deborah Miller helps a man unravel how a childhood molestation affects his current relationship
- A creative way to uncover a traumatic childhood event
- An Hour and Ten Minutes (for relief of attempted murder, two assaults, rape and childhood incidents)
- Cleaning up a rape trauma
- A "one minute wonder" rape release.
- An EFT expert beautifully weaves EFT within her client's pain, panic and molestation--success across the board
- A detailed and professional session regarding EFT for rape -- with one year follow-up
- Dr. Eric Robins, MD, uses EFT to avoid surgery for urination problem
- Unique uses for EFT in the surgery room
- Did EFT or Antibiotics help this little boy?
- How to remove a cyst without surgery or lasers
- A sore throat is traced to a childhood tonsil surgery
- Rapid EFT results with an ACL tear -- Every sports team in the world would love to hear about this
- Cataract surgery goes perfectly after releasing inner child Issues
- Pieter de Zwart combines his intuition with quality testing of his work for a first class result for trauma
- Borrowing Benefits brings up and collapses the Big One
- EFT newcomer resolves her own deep seated issues from childhood
- Handling the aftermath of a mugging with EFT...over the phone
- Did Brenda really abuse her brother?
- Three dissociative disorder cases
- Rape Trauma alleviated completely in one session with EFT -- libido returns
- Three EFT sessions lift depression, anger and sexual abuse trauma
- Pat Gurnick is my hero
- War trauma--no more nightmares
- 15 minutes of EFT brings dramatic results to a Vietnam Veteran
- EFT tapping for trauma brings unexpected benefits
- EFT "Choices" for recent NYC trauma victims.
- Using EFT to negotiate with multiple personalities
- This psychiatrist uses EFT
- The value of guessing: Releasing trauma in an injured elbow
- Sexual abuse case
- EFT helps clear early date rape trauma
- How Rebecca Gurland started with the EFT Personal Peace Procedure and wound up collapsing her major core issues
- EFT used instead of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) on severe trauma with impressive results
- EFT Trauma Session Seemed Complete But Needed More Work
- Praise for the EFT Tearless Trauma Technique
- Another approach to the Movie Technique
- Handling an abuse case in a quality way
- Working with Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Rape resolved in record time
- The connection between vitiligo and a traumatic experience
- Trauma relief one week after the Sept. 11, 2001 tragedy
- EFT after an attack in the street
- Helping a lost boy and his family out in the woods - spontaneous EFT
- Hives subside as traumatic incident is resolved
- Step by step through a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder case
- Digging for core issues - reconnection to a trauma that was behind hay fever symptoms
- Hollywood film maker resolves deep personal traumas with EFT
- Resolving the intense after effects of child birth trauma
- A Detailed and Masterful Article on Using EFT for Trauma
- Six successful sessions with a war veteran
- Criminal defense attorney does EFT with suicidal client in jail
- Expert handling of a hidden traumatic memory -- all within 30 minutes
- Listen to a successful EFT grief session with Dr. Carol Look and "Toby"
- Approaching complex trauma with EFT - The Inner Theater
- Working with trauma - the connection between EFT and the Amygdula
- Peeling away the layers of sexual abuse
- Tapping for prenatal issues brings benefits
- EFT for our Emergency First Responders
- Hurricane Katrina survivor successfully receives EFT for trauma
- Examples of "Stress Inoculation" through EFT...."but does it last?"
- Working with extreme trauma using a variation of the EFT Movie Technique
- Battered woman with cramped hands completes flower drawing after EFT--a one minute wonder
- Fear of dentists and oral rape
- A traumatic fall from a tree
- EFT after Hurricane Ike - Trauma Triage
- The Movie Technique for a traumatic memory and unresolved grief
- How to make EFT work when it "doesn't work."
- Lawyer resolves many personal traumas and writes testimonial letter
- K was left for dead after a Serial Killer's Attack -- EFT cleans up the traumatic aftermath
- A chiropractor helps a homicide trauma - burping is a sign of relief
- It started in a prison camp
- An EFT Formula for Specific Trauma
- A traumatized female reclaims trust in her instincts
- The "emotional stunt double" process using EFT
- Comparing traumatic abreactions--with and without EFT
- An expert discusses EFT and sudden trauma.
- An extreme trauma with a severe abreaction--and what to do about it
- EFT in the aftermath of domestic violence
- Rapid relief from accident flashbacks
- Trauma in the trunk of a car
- Using EFT to unravel the many pieces of a child molestation
- Releasing the Trauma of placing her husband in a nursing home
- The layers of trauma
- An even more tearless trauma technique
- EFT with a Vietnam nurse - a quality use of specific events
- Where only the pros should tread.
- Successfully handling childhood molestation--a classy case by Nancy Morris
- Rape trauma: "It just doesn't seem to bother me like it did."
- Tapping for the troops
- Using Group EFT in a school setting for a crisis
- Persistent use of EFT brings assistance in traumatic dream
- The Sun in my Soul - EFT overhauls Kathy's life
- What would you do for your client if his son shot and killed another boy?
- EFT newcomer diffuses trauma even though he didn't know it was rape
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- Trauma relief for a Prisoner of War and a fruit phobia
- Thoughts on Abreactions and how to handle them
- Finding the trauma behind the trauma
- Delivering EFT to a macho war veteran
- Katrina Victims Enjoy New Trauma Relief Method
- Tapping on hearing traumatic stories from others - ear problems
- Trauma success in Israel--as told by the client
- Using the EFT Tell the Story Technique helps calm a rape victim
- Tina broke free from an age 12 trauma
- Andrea's miscarriage
- Tearless Trauma Technique
- Creating a new emotional state for trauma sufferers
- Surrogate EFT for sleeping client dramatically clears sexual abuse
- Releasing 14 years of pent up grief and trauma
- Tip-Toeing into two car accident traumas
- How do you work with a traumatic incident that a client does not remember?
- Some tips for easing trauma survivors into using EFT
- Miranda: Repressed memory of childhood sexual abuse
- Using EFT for Trauma Relief after a major earthquake in Indonesia
- Aileen's client is an actress and no longer has "Interrogation Trauma" -- acting improves
- Email correspondence on a serious childhood abuse case
- Bringing Bev out of a semi-catatonic state
- Relieving the trauma of a car accident with EFT
- EFT newcomer taps herself out of a dissociative state during regular therapy
- Using EFT when the client has a memory "blank spot"
- Using EFT after a terrorist attack
- Tapping on love pain leads Marta to her traumatic birth experience
- Using Surrogate EFT on 2-month old baby after surgery
- Group trauma treatment--CISD with EFT
- WAILING ON WALL STREET
- Releasing fear and trauma after a dog bite
- Accessing the deeper levels of trauma stored in our cellular memory
- Taking the edge off of a molestation.
- Gillian Wightman leads us expertly through a complicated "father abuse" case -- a fabulous start
- Using EFT for "womb issues"
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
A detailed and professional session regarding EFT for rape -- with one year follow-up
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Note: This article assumes you have a working knowledge of EFT. Newcomers can still learn from it but are advised to peruse our Free Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tutorial™ for a more complete understanding.
Here's a quality approach for this devastating problem by Sejual Shah of the UK. She skillfully displays many EFT principles and says, "More than a year since our work, she continues to feel neutral about the event. She obviously wishes it had never happened, but recognises that it no longer has to hold her back. She has made further significant changes in her life to help her express her identity more freely."
When a person is raped it often opens up such deep feelings of conflict that it’s not always easy to help them resolve the impact of that memory. With EFT the process is so much simpler as we neutralise each branch of the toxic tree, and then create the space to help them review critical decisions they’d made about themselves and their lives at the time of the event.
“Sarah” was raped when she was 14 years old. She had pushed the memory into a box and buried the issue not knowing what to do with it for over a decade. She came to my therapy practice for help with her focus in her academic career and the memory intruded again. Over the course of 4 sessions we relieved the extreme distress she had been living with at being raped and Sarah gained visible benefits.
Using the Movie Technique we started with the lead up to the event. There was anger at her friend, “Melanie” for leaving her with the attacker, and unease at herself for venturing beyond her normal boundaries.pro
Even though I’m furious at Melanie for deserting me when she knew I was so uncomfortable with his presence…
Even though I feel betrayed by my own friend which led to a greater betrayal…
Even though I had alarm bells ringing in my mind which I somehow didn’t heed…
Even though I feel guilt for having this Little Miss Adventure within me that got me into such a desperate situation…
Sarah’s first internal conflict was about this part of her who sought adventure and excitement in her teens and brought on such a distressing outcome. If she’d not had this Little Miss Adventure then she would not have gotten raped. This was a part of Sarah that she did not like and wanted nothing to do with. To this extent Sarah blamed herself. Such self-blame and the accompanying guilt had been twisting her up inside over the years. We tapped on her resentment of this part of herself.
Even though I feel so upset that Melanie can feel free to express herself but I can't let Little Miss Adventure out.
Even though I can never express what I want, my needs are not important enough…
Even though I don’t know what I want much of the time, what if I could start trusting in my own responses?
I made a mental note to return to this issue after we had cleared more of the distress about the event. There remained too much self-blame in Sarah’s thoughts to change her assessment of herself as yet. We turned to the image she had in her mind about her attacker.
Even though I hate that man for being a skanky dirty ****…
Even though his friend freaked me out by putting his head on my lap and then kissing me when I didn’t want him to…
Inevitably we had to tap on anger at herself for not stopping the friend from groping her. With situations of sexual violence where the victim knows the attacker, there is further conflict involving, "why didn’t I stop them?" With EFT we can go in and tap through these internal arguments to bring about peace and clarity of mind.
Even though I should have stopped him…
Sarah noted that talking about being kissed felt as though there was still a solid dull silver cylinder in her pelvis area. Tapping that feeling changed it from being significantly solid to barely there.
When we got to the crescendo of the movie, we calmed every mental image of distress that came up quickly and safely for her, sneaking up on each one to keep the process as gentle as possible. We tapped on (1) the small space of the van that was disgusting and which he lived in, (2) the dirtiness of his sheets, (3) the shame and feeling of being unclean at him performing oral sex on her (4) the physical pain of being penetrated (5) distress that she couldn't scream at him at the end of the rape because she needed his help to get back to the centre of town as she didn’t know her way and (6) the upset his throwaway comment created when he said he 'didn't want to get a 14 year old pregnant'.
However, the mental conflict that needed deeper work was that she couldn't say no out loud at first although she had been saying it in her mind all along. The feeling of conflict left her blaming herself. It brought up a memory of her brother physically hitting her when she wouldn't smile for a family photograph as a toddler. Her parents at the time acted as if nothing had happened but she felt hurt that nobody had cared. As her parents hadn't spoken up, she felt thereafter unable to speak up for herself. Tapping through this root memory was important to overcoming the conflict she experienced in her teens.
We returned to the issue of being free to express who she is and trusting in her own judgment. Having cleared her conflict about not being able to speak up for herself, she found she could now use her voice to be clear about her needs. This from feeling she had no space for herself to speak up for herself.
Returning to the crescendo of the movie, we went through it several times picking up on new mental images that distressed her. Testing the work we’d done was vital to making sure she was free of its effects.
Even after clearing all the distress that accompanied her being raped, we had one final fear about the rape distress coming up again in the further work she wanted to do. We tapped on how she’d achieved lasting calm with other events we’d cleared with EFT so why would this be different?
When Sarah came for her next appointment I commented on her appearance. From not caring much about how she’d looked in her first 4 appointments, she was using makeup expertly applied, looking happier and more at ease with her identity. She agreed that she wanted to improve on her appearance and start enjoying life more.
As we moved on to work on other issues not related to the rape, that change in her appearance and new-found confidence remained. And the memory of being raped didn’t come up in the other work we did.
More than a year since our work on the rape, she continues to feel neutral about the event. She obviously wishes it had never happened, but recognises that it no longer has to hold her back. She has made further significant changes in her life to help her express her identity more freely.
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.