- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Stubborn client, PTSD, hidden aspects and psychological reversal
- PTSD from a traumatic miscarriage is resolved with EFT
- New Treatment for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Delivers Rapid, Long Lasting Results for Iraqi War Veterans--No Drugs Necessary
- Bob Patefield wipes out his own PTSD
- An EFT gift for firefighters suffering from PTSD and trauma
- EFT beginner collapses her own PTSD
- Vietnam Vet with severe PTSD sleeps through the night for the first time in 39 years
- War veteran with PTSD gets quality results with EFT
- Curing PTSD
- Pat Farrell resolves her own PTSD
- Knocking down war PTSD symptoms like dominoes
- EFT on DID and PTSD
- EFT clears PTSD -- Nassirya bombing, Iraq
- An EFT Newcomer relieves Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- How I handled my PTSD (child abuse) all by myself
- An efficient way to relieve a PTSD memory
- How I handled my PTSD (witnessing a violent crime) all by myself
- Rape by a "friend"--PTSD and suicidal thoughts
- Jeanne Ranger clears her own PTSD
- A very traumatic birth experience was at the root of this woman
- A problem staying focused and present had its roots in childhood trauma -- EFT resolved it.
- Difficulty with labor pains had its roots in childhood sexual abuse
- Chronic ear infections vanished after childhood trauma was cleared with EFT
- EFT and the devastation of childhood abuse
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- EFT and birth trauma - addressing "the fetus inside me"
- Childhood molestation--using UNDERSTAND in the Set-up phrase
- Deborah Miller helps a man unravel how a childhood molestation affects his current relationship
- 13 years of daily abuse fades with a form of The Personal Peace Procedure
- A creative way to uncover a traumatic childhood event
- An Hour and Ten Minutes (for relief of attempted murder, two assaults, rape and childhood incidents)
- Cleaning up a rape trauma
- A "one minute wonder" rape release.
- An EFT expert beautifully weaves EFT within her client's pain, panic and molestation--success across the board
- A detailed and professional session regarding EFT for rape -- with one year follow-up
- Dr. Eric Robins, MD, uses EFT to avoid surgery for urination problem
- Unique uses for EFT in the surgery room
- Did EFT or Antibiotics help this little boy?
- How to remove a cyst without surgery or lasers
- A sore throat is traced to a childhood tonsil surgery
- Rapid EFT results with an ACL tear -- Every sports team in the world would love to hear about this
- Cataract surgery goes perfectly after releasing inner child Issues
- Did Brenda really abuse her brother?
- Three dissociative disorder cases
- Rape Trauma alleviated completely in one session with EFT -- libido returns
- Three EFT sessions lift depression, anger and sexual abuse trauma
- Pat Gurnick is my hero
- War trauma--no more nightmares
- 15 minutes of EFT brings dramatic results to a Vietnam Veteran
- EFT tapping for trauma brings unexpected benefits
- EFT "Choices" for recent NYC trauma victims.
- Using EFT to negotiate with multiple personalities
- This psychiatrist uses EFT
- Pieter de Zwart combines his intuition with quality testing of his work for a first class result for trauma
- Borrowing Benefits brings up and collapses the Big One
- EFT newcomer resolves her own deep seated issues from childhood
- Handling the aftermath of a mugging with EFT...over the phone
- EFT used instead of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) on severe trauma with impressive results
- EFT Trauma Session Seemed Complete But Needed More Work
- Praise for the EFT Tearless Trauma Technique
- Another approach to the Movie Technique
- Handling an abuse case in a quality way
- Working with Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Rape resolved in record time
- The connection between vitiligo and a traumatic experience
- Trauma relief one week after the Sept. 11, 2001 tragedy
- EFT after an attack in the street
- Helping a lost boy and his family out in the woods - spontaneous EFT
- The value of guessing: Releasing trauma in an injured elbow
- Sexual abuse case
- EFT helps clear early date rape trauma
- How Rebecca Gurland started with the EFT Personal Peace Procedure and wound up collapsing her major core issues
- Resolving the intense after effects of child birth trauma
- A Detailed and Masterful Article on Using EFT for Trauma
- Six successful sessions with a war veteran
- Criminal defense attorney does EFT with suicidal client in jail
- Expert handling of a hidden traumatic memory -- all within 30 minutes
- Listen to a successful EFT grief session with Dr. Carol Look and "Toby"
- Approaching complex trauma with EFT - The Inner Theater
- Working with trauma - the connection between EFT and the Amygdula
- Peeling away the layers of sexual abuse
- Tapping for prenatal issues brings benefits
- EFT for our Emergency First Responders
- Hives subside as traumatic incident is resolved
- Step by step through a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder case
- Digging for core issues - reconnection to a trauma that was behind hay fever symptoms
- Hollywood film maker resolves deep personal traumas with EFT
- Fear of dentists and oral rape
- A traumatic fall from a tree
- EFT after Hurricane Ike - Trauma Triage
- The Movie Technique for a traumatic memory and unresolved grief
- How to make EFT work when it "doesn't work."
- Lawyer resolves many personal traumas and writes testimonial letter
- K was left for dead after a Serial Killer's Attack -- EFT cleans up the traumatic aftermath
- A chiropractor helps a homicide trauma - burping is a sign of relief
- It started in a prison camp
- An EFT Formula for Specific Trauma
- A traumatized female reclaims trust in her instincts
- Hurricane Katrina survivor successfully receives EFT for trauma
- Examples of "Stress Inoculation" through EFT...."but does it last?"
- Working with extreme trauma using a variation of the EFT Movie Technique
- Battered woman with cramped hands completes flower drawing after EFT--a one minute wonder
- Rapid relief from accident flashbacks
- Trauma in the trunk of a car
- Using EFT to unravel the many pieces of a child molestation
- Releasing the Trauma of placing her husband in a nursing home
- The layers of trauma
- An even more tearless trauma technique
- EFT with a Vietnam nurse - a quality use of specific events
- Where only the pros should tread.
- Successfully handling childhood molestation--a classy case by Nancy Morris
- The "emotional stunt double" process using EFT
- Comparing traumatic abreactions--with and without EFT
- An expert discusses EFT and sudden trauma.
- An extreme trauma with a severe abreaction--and what to do about it
- EFT in the aftermath of domestic violence
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- Trauma relief for a Prisoner of War and a fruit phobia
- Thoughts on Abreactions and how to handle them
- Finding the trauma behind the trauma
- Delivering EFT to a macho war veteran
- Katrina Victims Enjoy New Trauma Relief Method
- Tapping on hearing traumatic stories from others - ear problems
- Rape trauma: "It just doesn't seem to bother me like it did."
- Tapping for the troops
- Using Group EFT in a school setting for a crisis
- Persistent use of EFT brings assistance in traumatic dream
- The Sun in my Soul - EFT overhauls Kathy's life
- What would you do for your client if his son shot and killed another boy?
- EFT newcomer diffuses trauma even though he didn't know it was rape
- Surrogate EFT for sleeping client dramatically clears sexual abuse
- Releasing 14 years of pent up grief and trauma
- Tip-Toeing into two car accident traumas
- How do you work with a traumatic incident that a client does not remember?
- Some tips for easing trauma survivors into using EFT
- Miranda: Repressed memory of childhood sexual abuse
- Using EFT for Trauma Relief after a major earthquake in Indonesia
- Aileen's client is an actress and no longer has "Interrogation Trauma" -- acting improves
- Trauma success in Israel--as told by the client
- Using the EFT Tell the Story Technique helps calm a rape victim
- Tina broke free from an age 12 trauma
- Andrea's miscarriage
- Tearless Trauma Technique
- Creating a new emotional state for trauma sufferers
- Using EFT after a terrorist attack
- Tapping on love pain leads Marta to her traumatic birth experience
- Using Surrogate EFT on 2-month old baby after surgery
- Group trauma treatment--CISD with EFT
- WAILING ON WALL STREET
- Releasing fear and trauma after a dog bite
- Accessing the deeper levels of trauma stored in our cellular memory
- Taking the edge off of a molestation.
- Gillian Wightman leads us expertly through a complicated "father abuse" case -- a fabulous start
- Using EFT for "womb issues"
- Email correspondence on a serious childhood abuse case
- Bringing Bev out of a semi-catatonic state
- Relieving the trauma of a car accident with EFT
- EFT newcomer taps herself out of a dissociative state during regular therapy
- Using EFT when the client has a memory "blank spot"
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
Gillian Wightman leads us expertly through a complicated "father abuse" case -- a fabulous start
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
This article by Gillian Wightman from Scotland beautifully displays how to deal with many aspects and creatively move a client along a quality healing path. Study the creativity. There are many ideas here that have widespread use.
This client had had one session of EFT with me which had happened as she started talking about her food difficulties. She wanted Kinesiology (muscle testing) for food sensitivities and made it clear she wanted no emotional work as she was seeing a therapist for suspected child abuse issues.
However, things happen - and our subsequent tapping session culminated with a lovely vision of her forgiving and accepting her inner child, who until now she had hated and despised. She also said she had more insights and releases from 1½ hours of EFT than in 14 months of regular psychotherapy. Although it was clear that the therapy had helped, she often felt traumatised for weeks after a conventional session and found them very, very hard.
However, she was receiving free psychotherapy on her health plan at this point, and felt a responsibility to continue. I told her that was fine, but if she felt she wanted more EFT sometime that I would be happy to help. She later phoned to say the psychotherapy sessions were now proving too traumatic, she was being asked to revisit a memory of what she believed was rape by her father. She was sure of the rape, not of the perpetrator, but her logic told her it could be no one else.
In conventional psychotherapy, the memory wasn't clearing at all and she was really suffering with negativity, self-loathing and flashbacks. I asked her if she had noted benefits from her last EFT session, and she reported a total absence of nightmares and if she woke up she was in a normal sleeping position, not curled in a tight fetal position which would have been normal previously. Since we had worked on an attack which had happened in the night, that was a reasonable result.
I started asking how she was feeling, ready to do some preparation about being nervous about the session. I did not want to lead her into the memory she was struggling with straight away - and to be honest I was really unsure where to start. She said that she had a headache, like a migraine, sore shoulders, sore neck, indicating a band round her upper body. I asked her to take a deep breath and it was hard for her.
I asked her to visualise what was happening in her chest, she saw a red colour but had no idea what it meant, or what she was feeling. She wanted the colour to be yellow not red.
Even though I have this red colour when I want to be yellow, I don't know what it is, I don't know what it means...
This is a familiar feeling, it’s a feeling I need to control to keep down, sometimes it’s overwhelming and I force it down.
I asked her if she could imagine life without the feeling. She said, “No, I have had it all my life, I cannot imagine life without this feeling, I wouldn't know who I am.”
Even though I can't let this feeling go, I won't know who I am...
Even though I can't let go of this feeling, it keeps me safe, without it I might be outrageous and angry, that would be terrible, I can't be angry... I asked her what might happen. Even though I am frightened I might be so angry I could kill someone...
So far I had not checked her level of intensity on a scale of 0 to 10, as things were changing quickly and it didn't feel appropriate to check, but I checked here. I asked her to guess how high was this anger before we tapped - she said 10 out of 10, but now it was 4 out of 10.
On questioning she said she was angry with her mum, not her dad, and she didn't understand it and wanted to be angry with her dad. We tapped for that,
Even though I am angry with my mum and that's confusing, why am I angry with her, I should be angry with him, he did the bad thing...
She said she couldn't be angry as then it would be proof he did it and she really didn't want to know he had done it.
Even though I can't be angry with him because if I am it would be true, he did do it, and it wouldn't be my fault. I would rather think it’s my fault. I don't want to know he did it.
When she said out loud, “It’s my fault,” it was 5 out of 10 for being true. I asked her what she would choose instead. She said she would choose to have control over whether she was angry or not, and to know it was not ... and could not be her fault. We tapped for that choice.
She was upset now and sobbed saying she knew he did something bad and she hated him for that but she loved him and needed him. Even though I love dad and I hate this bad thing he did and hate that he did it to me... She started to feel like she was choking and had pain and pressure pushing down on her. Even though I have this choking feeling, this pressure feeling...
The feeling lessened considerably and she became calmer but she said, “I can't take control, I can't express anger … I may mess up … and he will be right. If I mess up I will prove him right and I can't let that happen. He said I would screw everything up, I needed him, I wouldn't know what to do without him.”
We tapped on that. Even though I can't have choices, can't take control, I may make a wrong decision and mess up and then he would be right and I can't let him be right … I can't take that risk…
She now started laughing and said what a ridiculous thing to say. I asked her how she felt about expressing anger now and her intensity went up, she felt frightened. We tapped for this and again she came back to being frightened of being angry, as that would mean her dad really did do something and that would prove he didn't love her at all and she needed him to love her.
We tapped for that and she realised she was sad. We tapped on this sadness and I asked for whom she was sad, and she said “for him and me.” We tapped,
Even though dad was too messed up, he did a bad, bad thing to me, I wish he hadn't done it, I wish it wasn't true, I wish he could have loved me, I am sad for him, I am sad for me...
Even though dad did this bad thing to me and I don't know why ... why me ... I choose to know IT WASN'T MY FAULT.
When she said out loud, “It’s my fault,” it was 0 out of 10 for being true. We tapped, Even though I need dad to love me … to know I am lovable … and to love and to know I am acceptable...
When she said out loud, “I can only know I am lovable if dad loves me,” it was 0 out of 10 for being true. We tapped, Even though dad was wrong, there was something wrong with him, that's why he couldn't love me, it was his problem not mine … I don't have to have him love me … my being able to love is not dependant on dad loving me...
Her level of intensity on the phrase, “Dad didn't love me,” was 0 out of 10. I asked her to recheck her chest and it was glowing ... breathing was easier, and her headache, and all back and shoulder pain was gone. She felt calm now and hoped to continue to process the trauma memory but reported that it was already feeling less intense. She also said it would be her last appointment with her regular psychotherapy, as she preferred the gentleness of EFT.
She could not believe she was coming away feeling better than when she came in. I felt sad for her that this had been her experience of therapy so far. She also told me she clearly saw she had been holding onto anger that her mum had not been there, had never protected her or made her feel safe that it would be OK to tell someone what was happening.
I showed her the missing mother syndrome website on my laptop and the list of feelings common to people who felt their mothers were emotionally unavailable. She recognised all the feelings and wept with relief that others have experienced the same feelings. She expressed readiness to begin dealing with the feelings and confident she could do so with EFT.
When she returned to her therapist he told her he felt unable to work on the issue and that he felt there must be something blocking her, which meant she was unwilling to process the memory. I think we proved that to be true. He suggested she write a letter to her father.
She found this interesting. She had done this before and her letters were, “Did you do this?" But this changed now to “Why did you do this?” She could also think, “Dad didn't love,” me with no level of intensity.
She was aware that the original memory was not so disturbing - without having actually worked on it yet with EFT. I look forward to working with her again as she is now ready to process the memory. Or whatever else she really needs to do!
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.