- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Stubborn client, PTSD, hidden aspects and psychological reversal
- PTSD from a traumatic miscarriage is resolved with EFT
- New Treatment for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Delivers Rapid, Long Lasting Results for Iraqi War Veterans--No Drugs Necessary
- Bob Patefield wipes out his own PTSD
- An EFT gift for firefighters suffering from PTSD and trauma
- EFT beginner collapses her own PTSD
- Vietnam Vet with severe PTSD sleeps through the night for the first time in 39 years
- War veteran with PTSD gets quality results with EFT
- Curing PTSD
- Pat Farrell resolves her own PTSD
- Knocking down war PTSD symptoms like dominoes
- EFT on DID and PTSD
- EFT clears PTSD -- Nassirya bombing, Iraq
- An EFT Newcomer relieves Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- How I handled my PTSD (child abuse) all by myself
- An efficient way to relieve a PTSD memory
- How I handled my PTSD (witnessing a violent crime) all by myself
- Rape by a "friend"--PTSD and suicidal thoughts
- Jeanne Ranger clears her own PTSD
- A very traumatic birth experience was at the root of this woman
- A problem staying focused and present had its roots in childhood trauma -- EFT resolved it.
- Difficulty with labor pains had its roots in childhood sexual abuse
- Chronic ear infections vanished after childhood trauma was cleared with EFT
- A client talks about her abusive childhood and her relief via EFT
- EFT and the devastation of childhood abuse
- Childhood molestation--using UNDERSTAND in the Set-up phrase
- EFT and birth trauma - addressing "the fetus inside me"
- 13 years of daily abuse fades with a form of The Personal Peace Procedure
- Deborah Miller helps a man unravel how a childhood molestation affects his current relationship
- A creative way to uncover a traumatic childhood event
- An Hour and Ten Minutes (for relief of attempted murder, two assaults, rape and childhood incidents)
- Cleaning up a rape trauma
- A "one minute wonder" rape release.
- An EFT expert beautifully weaves EFT within her client's pain, panic and molestation--success across the board
- A detailed and professional session regarding EFT for rape -- with one year follow-up
- Dr. Eric Robins, MD, uses EFT to avoid surgery for urination problem
- Unique uses for EFT in the surgery room
- Did EFT or Antibiotics help this little boy?
- How to remove a cyst without surgery or lasers
- A sore throat is traced to a childhood tonsil surgery
- Rapid EFT results with an ACL tear -- Every sports team in the world would love to hear about this
- Cataract surgery goes perfectly after releasing inner child Issues
- Did Brenda really abuse her brother?
- Three dissociative disorder cases
- Rape Trauma alleviated completely in one session with EFT -- libido returns
- Three EFT sessions lift depression, anger and sexual abuse trauma
- Pat Gurnick is my hero
- War trauma--no more nightmares
- 15 minutes of EFT brings dramatic results to a Vietnam Veteran
- EFT tapping for trauma brings unexpected benefits
- EFT "Choices" for recent NYC trauma victims.
- Using EFT to negotiate with multiple personalities
- This psychiatrist uses EFT
- Pieter de Zwart combines his intuition with quality testing of his work for a first class result for trauma
- Borrowing Benefits brings up and collapses the Big One
- EFT newcomer resolves her own deep seated issues from childhood
- Handling the aftermath of a mugging with EFT...over the phone
- EFT used instead of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) on severe trauma with impressive results
- EFT Trauma Session Seemed Complete But Needed More Work
- Praise for the EFT Tearless Trauma Technique
- Another approach to the Movie Technique
- Handling an abuse case in a quality way
- Working with Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Rape resolved in record time
- The connection between vitiligo and a traumatic experience
- Trauma relief one week after the Sept. 11, 2001 tragedy
- EFT after an attack in the street
- Helping a lost boy and his family out in the woods - spontaneous EFT
- The value of guessing: Releasing trauma in an injured elbow
- Sexual abuse case
- EFT helps clear early date rape trauma
- How Rebecca Gurland started with the EFT Personal Peace Procedure and wound up collapsing her major core issues
- Hollywood film maker resolves deep personal traumas with EFT
- Resolving the intense after effects of child birth trauma
- A Detailed and Masterful Article on Using EFT for Trauma
- Six successful sessions with a war veteran
- Criminal defense attorney does EFT with suicidal client in jail
- Expert handling of a hidden traumatic memory -- all within 30 minutes
- Listen to a successful EFT grief session with Dr. Carol Look and "Toby"
- Approaching complex trauma with EFT - The Inner Theater
- Working with trauma - the connection between EFT and the Amygdula
- Peeling away the layers of sexual abuse
- Tapping for prenatal issues brings benefits
- EFT for our Emergency First Responders
- Hives subside as traumatic incident is resolved
- Step by step through a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder case
- Digging for core issues - reconnection to a trauma that was behind hay fever symptoms
- Examples of "Stress Inoculation" through EFT...."but does it last?"
- Working with extreme trauma using a variation of the EFT Movie Technique
- Battered woman with cramped hands completes flower drawing after EFT--a one minute wonder
- Fear of dentists and oral rape
- A traumatic fall from a tree
- EFT after Hurricane Ike - Trauma Triage
- The Movie Technique for a traumatic memory and unresolved grief
- How to make EFT work when it "doesn't work."
- Lawyer resolves many personal traumas and writes testimonial letter
- K was left for dead after a Serial Killer's Attack -- EFT cleans up the traumatic aftermath
- A chiropractor helps a homicide trauma - burping is a sign of relief
- It started in a prison camp
- An EFT Formula for Specific Trauma
- A traumatized female reclaims trust in her instincts
- Hurricane Katrina survivor successfully receives EFT for trauma
- Comparing traumatic abreactions--with and without EFT
- An expert discusses EFT and sudden trauma.
- An extreme trauma with a severe abreaction--and what to do about it
- EFT in the aftermath of domestic violence
- Rapid relief from accident flashbacks
- Trauma in the trunk of a car
- Using EFT to unravel the many pieces of a child molestation
- Releasing the Trauma of placing her husband in a nursing home
- The layers of trauma
- An even more tearless trauma technique
- EFT with a Vietnam nurse - a quality use of specific events
- Where only the pros should tread.
- Successfully handling childhood molestation--a classy case by Nancy Morris
- The "emotional stunt double" process using EFT
- Persistent use of EFT brings assistance in traumatic dream
- The Sun in my Soul - EFT overhauls Kathy's life
- What would you do for your client if his son shot and killed another boy?
- EFT newcomer diffuses trauma even though he didn't know it was rape
- Getting over a gang rape--including a follow-up
- Trauma relief for a Prisoner of War and a fruit phobia
- Thoughts on Abreactions and how to handle them
- Finding the trauma behind the trauma
- Delivering EFT to a macho war veteran
- Katrina Victims Enjoy New Trauma Relief Method
- Tapping on hearing traumatic stories from others - ear problems
- Rape trauma: "It just doesn't seem to bother me like it did."
- Tapping for the troops
- Using Group EFT in a school setting for a crisis
- Andrea's miscarriage
- Tearless Trauma Technique
- Creating a new emotional state for trauma sufferers
- Surrogate EFT for sleeping client dramatically clears sexual abuse
- Releasing 14 years of pent up grief and trauma
- Tip-Toeing into two car accident traumas
- How do you work with a traumatic incident that a client does not remember?
- Some tips for easing trauma survivors into using EFT
- Miranda: Repressed memory of childhood sexual abuse
- Using EFT for Trauma Relief after a major earthquake in Indonesia
- Aileen's client is an actress and no longer has "Interrogation Trauma" -- acting improves
- Trauma success in Israel--as told by the client
- Using the EFT Tell the Story Technique helps calm a rape victim
- Tina broke free from an age 12 trauma
- Using EFT when the client has a memory "blank spot"
- Using EFT after a terrorist attack
- Tapping on love pain leads Marta to her traumatic birth experience
- Using Surrogate EFT on 2-month old baby after surgery
- Group trauma treatment--CISD with EFT
- WAILING ON WALL STREET
- Releasing fear and trauma after a dog bite
- Accessing the deeper levels of trauma stored in our cellular memory
- Taking the edge off of a molestation.
- Gillian Wightman leads us expertly through a complicated "father abuse" case -- a fabulous start
- Using EFT for "womb issues"
- Email correspondence on a serious childhood abuse case
- Bringing Bev out of a semi-catatonic state
- Relieving the trauma of a car accident with EFT
- EFT newcomer taps herself out of a dissociative state during regular therapy
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
An EFT gift for firefighters suffering from PTSD and trauma
Note: This is one of 3,000 articles written prior to the updated Gold Standard (Official) EFT Tapping Tutorial™. It provides practical uses for EFT Tapping and most EFT'ers should find it very helpful. However, if your benefits are temporary or a more in-depth approach is needed, you are urged to (1) consult The Gold Standard EFT Tapping Tutorial, (2) Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist, and/or (3) get help from a Certified EFT Practitioner.
Winston "Brad" Scott from Canada shows us what is possible for some of our trauma ridden firefighters. He says, "...40 minutes later he thanked me, gave me a hug and told me that he had been to every doctor in town and hadn't been able to resolve anything. He said he felt as if a great weight had been taken off his shoulders. He looked like a different person. His jaw line was relaxed. His neck muscles weren't knotted and sticking out."
The story starts at lunch. My friend and I went out to get some non-hotel food and saw a deli across the road. There was a fire truck parked beside it so we thought it had to have good eats. After we entered and saw the long line we knew this was probably true. I ended up standing beside a fireman and just making small talk, I told him he was the reason we were here. He wondered about this and we told him. "If the fire department eats here then it must be good food." He noticed that we "weren't from around here" (he had a very strong US accent and I live in Canada) and asked what brought us down this way.
Instead of trying to explain EFT at that point, I just said I was a hypnotherapist (most people understand that easily) and I was down at a seminar learning about a great new Stress Management tool. He looked at me with a questioning look and then blurted out that I should be using him as my "monkey." I asked him what he meant by that and he said that he felt completely stressed out and was seriously feeling "ready to jump."
Of course I asked him what was up and he proceeded to tell me that he had buried 7 brothers (firemen) in the last 7 weeks and he was just too young for this and he was constantly in a highly stressed state. And he didn't think he could "take anymore". I noticed then that his muscles were all clenched in his neck and jaw and thought if he is that stressed waiting for a sandwich then EFT is going to be his new best friend.
I asked him if he would like to experiment and check out the technique. He said that he would be at the fire hall for the next 8 hours barring a fire and would be more than willing to try anything, as he was desperate. He told me that if I was willing we could check it out but he doubted it would help. I have a total respect for fire fighters as my grandfather was a captain in the Toronto fire department, so I decided to skip a little of the seminar and go over. We met at the door of the station and he took me back to a private area with a couple of seats.
This next part is a testament to getting yourself out of the way. I went in there thinking that it was a current issue that was stressing him. (The loss of his fellow brothers in such a short period.) This proves that to attack any problem with a preconceived notion is a mistake. We started tapping around that issue using the basic shortcut method but didn't get a lot of movement. Since we weren't really getting anywhere I decided to ask him Gary's favorite question. If there was one thing in your life you could eliminate or do over what would it be? GARY COMMENTS: This question often leads to the Specific Events in one's life that are the causes of many ailments, including this one. See Uncovering Specific Events - An Essential Concept Within the EFT Tapping Process.
There was no hesitation. He had his issue immediately. It turned out that at the age of three he believed that he had killed his best friend. Two of his friends and himself had snuck into a swimming pool. To use his words, "Three went in and only two came out." His belief was that he killed his friend. He believed he must have pushed his friend in because that is the kind of thing that he would have done. He didn't actually remember it, he just believed he did and he believed that he should be punished and held accountable for it.
He didn't feel he had the right to a happy life. This brave man had been living with post traumatic stress for 35 of his 38 years. He told me he had never really "felt right inside" so we tapped on several aspects of this incident. Whenever he got "stuck" I used the nine gamut and immediately his level of intensity dropped significantly. I know a lot of people have shelved this procedure (the 9 gamut) but when you get stuck it is a remarkable tool.
I don't want to go into what we tapped on as it is a very personal story and the details might not respect his right to privacy. Suffice it to say that 40 minutes later he thanked me, gave me a hug and told me that he had been to every doctor in town and hadn't been able to resolve anything. He said he felt as if a great weight had been taken off his shoulders. He looked like a different person. His jaw line was relaxed. His neck muscles weren't knotted and sticking out.
I felt really honored to be able to show such a brave man the power of EFT and that there was a way to truly let go of all the destructive trauma and guilt. I left him with a set of borrowing benefits DVDs to use when other aspects came up (I think it's very important to have your client fully understand what aspects are so they don't dismiss EFT as "not working" and with an issue as deep and complicated as this I'm sure there is more work to do.) But I must say that I feel very privileged to call this man my friend. (see Finding Aspects within the EFT Tapping Process).
We have stayed in touch and months later he reports that he still feels very calm about the situation. I remember his comment was."You know. Hey I've done my time. I really do deserve some peace."
I am so in awe of EFT and the peace it can bring about. Thank you Gary
Winston "Brad" Scott
FOR MORE EFT HELP ...
Explore our newest advancement, Optimal EFT, by reading our free e-book, The Unseen Therapist.